Do I risk the loose skin...help please, and your experiences!

Hi all,
Just wanted to get some views on this. I'm overweight, but I'm happy with my shape, I just want it smaller :p. I have very big boobs, but a small waist and an hourglass figure. I want to lose weight but I'm scared that if I do, my boobs will end up like deflated balloons. I wouldn't mind them smaller but if the weight goes from there and the skin doesn't shrink, I'll end up feeling worse than I already do.
Has anyone found that they've managed to lose weight but avoid the skin probs? If so, how much did you lose? And what do you think.....few extra pounds or risking looking like I've been popped:p Any advice appreciated!

Last edited:
I have always worried about loose skin as I need to lose about 40% of my max weight. But health wise is better, but to be honest, mainly, I will feel better looking smaller and being smaller. The skin might be an issue, but it's not like the fat isn't now! Saying that, if I do lose weight and the skin looks bad at one point, I'll know I need to put on a little, say half a stone, to where it had looked ok. I'd say go with losing the weight, and then see how you feel about your body (although give your body and mind a good 2 or 3 months to adjust).

To be honest the best advice i can give is to exercise aswell as losin weight. This reduces the risk of saggy skin. x

Hi all,
Just wanted to get some views on this. I'm overweight, but I'm happy with my shape, I just want it smaller :p. I have very big boobs, but a small waist and an hourglass figure. I want to lose weight but I'm scared that if I do, my boobs will end up like deflated balloons. I wouldn't mind them smaller but if the weight goes from there and the skin doesn't shrink, I'll end up feeling worse than I already do.
Has anyone found that they've managed to lose weight but avoid the skin probs? If so, how much did you lose? And what do you think.....few extra pounds or risking looking like I've been popped:p Any advice appreciated!

Heyy! :)

My personal advice is if you're happy with the way you look now brilliant! :) It may not be worth losing weight at the risk of loose skin...

Oppositely, if you need to lose weight because you're weight is not classed as 'healthy' according to BMI, measurements etc, then you'd probably benefit more having a healthy body and a bit of loose skin...

From personal experience I was huuuuge, so needed to lose the weight for health benefits, being a healthy size is worth the loose skin for me, which unfortunately I do have :( however, I've still got a bit of weight to lose so this may still snap back in a year or so :) But on the boobage front, I used to have (if I say so myself lol) mahoosive knockers, but a loooot of weight has gone from those quite recently, I'm still more busty than an average girl though, so yeah :)

Hope this helps a little?? :)

I think it depends on (1) how big you are to start with (2) how much you want to lose (3) if you're happy with your figure now (4) if lose skin happens... exercise to your hearts content!!!! lol

Hi all,
have you spoken to your GP?
In some cases as my GP told me that the NHS can help towards the costs of an operation (if not in full). But it does depend on the mental/ emotional state.
Im a size 22-24 (evans) and up until my health started deteriorating which was approximately 6 to 7 years ago i was fluctuating between sizes 12 and 14.
Please speak to your GP and see what advice they can give you and mention to them that you are scared of getting down trodden with depression once you loose all your weight that you need to (in my case ive 100lbs to shift on Lipotrim).
Goodluck and let us know the outcome

Thanks for all the replies, you reminded me that losing weight is also about the health benefits, which I must admit I do tend to forget about. From reading posts on the topic it seems the skin thing is different for everyone, so I suppose I'll just have to see how it goes! And thanks to Chiku.....thinking of the GP as a back up in case things do go wrong (or sagging ;)) gives me that extra bit of confidence to go for the losing weight thing. Now the hard part.....breaking my choccy addiction;)

Hi all,

I completely understand being a sized-up hourglass busty wench myself.:)

My boobs have shrunk. On my last visit pre-diet to Rigby & Peller, I got a 38I (I being their biggest cup size). Even that was a little small. Currently I fit very nicely into a Freya 36GG.

Mine have shrunk, seem to not be so high up but at the moment they dont look saggy which I think is down to swimming and body pump which both seem to work the right muscles to stay sorted.

I am concerned about what they may look like if I go all the way to a BMI target weight but I am going to keep going until I feel that any more loss will make them look unattractive. I quite like my boobs so will find a balance between being healthier and staying hour glass.

I think the health benefits outweigh the loose skin and there is an amazing range of lingerie/underwear on the market that helps! But exercise firms, tones (the body I'm in) and reduces some of the sag. :eek: :)

But I think you have to love or respect the body your in even when you want to change the shape of it and this is something we all have to work out for ourselves.

Good luck and success with your journey.

EVERYONE that looses a lot of weight will have skin issues maybe some will not be big ones but some will , ive lost 15 stone and i have issues with mine and thats with lots and lots of exercise along the way... BUT ill take the skin issues over the fat anyday x

Back