Do I stay or do I go?

vlp

I am so fed up now. Since Feb I have lost just 6.5kg on Slimming World. Another week of eating really healthily, with 2/3 superfree at most meals and 10-13 syns and I manage just -300g. As I have another 6.5 kg to go and expect to lose 500g-1kg a week on a diet you can see my dissapointment.

I don't know why it isn't working and no-one seems to have an answer. I've even joined on-line but all you get is the same old stock 'support', no human back up at all.

So....do I stay on SW, which I have get used to and which requires little measuring and encourages healthy cooking (which I love) or do I abandon ship and see what WW has to offer?

Depends, if you prefer the diet and don't mind losing small stick with it, like I am. But if you want to POSSIBLY lose bigger (there's no guarantee you will lose even if you change) even if you don't like the diet so much, then change.

I give it another two weeks. If I haven't had a decent loss then I'll probably just give up and put it all back on, and some more for good measure. I just don't see why I'm not losing and it's frustrating the hell out of me! I am sick of drinking diet coke instead of wine, avoiding tucking into good bread and choosing skinny pudding options and not seeing any results.

Perhaps it might help if you do a diary log of what you are eating and in that way other members would be able to see what you are eating and see if they can help you out...you could just continue on this thread if you like or start a new one.

I give it another two weeks. If I haven't had a decent loss then I'll probably just give up and put it all back on, and some more for good measure. I just don't see why I'm not losing and it's frustrating the hell out of me! I am sick of drinking diet coke instead of wine, avoiding tucking into good bread and choosing skinny pudding options and not seeing any results.

And within a very short space of time, you will be needing to lose 13kg again - so the good work you have done so far will be destroyed. With the best will in the world, if you expect to go back to eating the way you did before after you hit your target, you won't be able to maintain your loss long term.

So. Stop depriving yourself and feeling resentful about missing out. Use your syns to have a glass of wine or two, or decent pudding. They are all allowed on the plan, as long as you are careful to ensure that your other foods are free and super free.

You don't have far to go to your target, big losses are unlikely, but if you start to see this as a longer term lifestyle, rather than something you only have to do to get to target, it will become less important how long it takes.

Keep at it, you'll get there.

ETA - 2/3 super free may be excessive and you may not be eating enough. Agree that a food diary would help.

I started doing 2/3 superfree (success express) as regular sw wasn't shifting the weight...I need a mini break from dieting stress for the jubille then on wed I'll start posting my eats and see where I go. The weekend mini break won't be too disasterous as hubby plans mostly BBQ'd lean meat 'n' salad!

Back