Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest

Kelly Gartland

Hi!

My name is Kelly and I am 28 years old. I have had an ongoing fight with food/diets since the age of 14, at 8 stone I thought I was fat and so the yo yo lifestyle commenced. I have 2 children and during both pregnancies I had horrible nausea from start to end, the only thing that would keep it at bay was a feeling of fullness for some strange reason, and so I had something in my mouth ALL the time, fast forward a few years and my body loved being pregnant that much it decided to hold onto the extra 4 stone ;). I did Cambridge between the pregnancies and managed to lose a stone just before the next child came along, I haven't really tried any diets as such since having the children, but I have tried to do the common sense thing of eating clean, this doesn't seem to last for long. I have a hectic lifestyle with my children and a full time job so spending hours organising, prepping and shopping isn't feasible right now, although something has to give and this will have to happen in the long term.

At only 5'0 foot, 12 stone is a lot to carry, I still wear size 14 clothes but if I'm honest with myself I know I'm truly a size 16, although I received lingerie for christmas from my grandparents and they had bought me size 20! This is obviously the size I look to them. It's not all about looks either. The implications of carrying an extra 4 stone means I regularly suffer heartburn and I get out of breath bending down to tie my kids shoelaces, losing the weight is no longer an option it's a given.

My consultation not only weighed me during my appointment but he also did a full body scan, it truly was an eye opener to see I am almost 50% body FAT, the healthy range would be more like 20%.

Right now I need to get some of this weight shifted and fast, I do need to see results quickly or I get very discouraged, and so I am starting on SS, I will hopefully remain on this for the 12 weeks :eek: . I have just over 4 stone to lose and my target date is June. I have my products, I have my sparkling water, and I'm ready and raring to go....happy day 1 xx

Last edited:
Hi Kelly, I have a similar amount to lose as you and am on day three, determined the next 12 weeks will see me achieve great things. I also started yo yo ing when I was a slim teenager!!

How are you doing? I have done this diet and other ones before, and the first time I did it I was so successful, I just wish I'd done the maintenance bit!!! You sound determined, you will get there.

Keep us updated,

xXx

Back