Do repetitive menus matter

trudyc

Gold Member
Hi all
I just wondered if anyone thinks that repetitive menus on Dukan matter? I realise I eat the same things day in day out but I can honestly say I am not bored at all. I enjoy everything I have - tastes soooooo good. x

I think as long as your losing and not getting bored / going offtrack then it's fine, my menus don't vary much but it suits me

I also eat pretty much the same things - I've found what I like and stick to it and my weight loss is pretty steady.

Yeah, I have a sort of ten day is rotation of meals, although I don't always have the same lunch/with the same dinner/ on the same day. However, I do always have my oat bran as porridge in the morning!

Weight loss wise I can't see why repetitive menus would cause an issue. But if I find I'm getting bored, it's a good idea to change things around a bit... It does make food planning and shopping a lot easier, I find, sticking to old favourites when working and busy! Weekends I'm more adventurous, often changing my menus when at the shop seeing what's looking good (and on offer!)

I've a suspicion it is the repetitive menus that have made it hard for me recently. I think they may lead to some nutrient deficiencies if you aren't careful and have had a real problem with food craving. I've gone back to the recipes again to find some new things. After all, with 100 things to pick from plus flavouring, herbs and spices, there's a really good range. I'm doing salmon souffle tonight as it's quite quick to make (though in the oven for a while) and is delicious for a PP day or with veg for PV.
Not sure why people are scared of souffles, they are so easy, depending only on separating the eggs and mixing gently. Spinach and quark souffle is nice too. I'll do chicken and butternut curry tomorrow.

I didn't realise you replied Topaz63, I edited my post last night after finding the recipe. Looks very interesting will definitely give it a try. Thank you.

The chicken and butternut curry sounds nice :) is it on here ?

thank you... ould do with a curry recipe for a change

Going to cook the curry tomorrow for Friday PV day!! Looks interesting!

Back