do the exante bars knock you out of ketosis?

glammam

Hi, just a quick question. Has anyone found that they struggled to get into ketosis when using the exante bars? I have tried to do exante a few times unsuccessfully as i couldnt get past the first week. I thought that I didnt get into ketosis because of the bars? Has anyone else found this? I really want to do this again, and get past the first week! Thanks xx

no the bars have no impact on getting into ketosis.

If you're worried about it, you could avoid the bars for the first week (like on other VLCDs) and just introduce them once you know you're into ketosis. If it helps you to get through week one, I would do whatever it takes!

The diet is designed to incorporate the bars (one per day) so no they wont stop you getting into ketosis

Thanks girls for your reponses. Its all my head I think and also the bars are so nice they make me want to eat more!!! I have decided I am going to try going back on lipotrim for a few weeks and keeping the exante stuff I have for refeed. Fingers crossed this works and lets hope I can get past week one! ha ha x

I've only just started this week. I sometimes have two bars a day and one shake. I prefer to still eat something rather than drink it all down eery day :)

It still means not much over 600 cals and approx 60 ish grams of carbs a day. Definitely no problem at those levels re: losing your keto status!!!

Taking in only 60 or 70g of carbs should keep all of us on this forum in ketosis.

Back