Do u go by the pharmacy scales?

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
Like for your current weight and for your goal weight.

yes, but i know the difference between theirs and mine lol, so still cant help getting on mine ALL the time

Mine are exactly the same as the pharmacy so I'm addicted to weighing but its bad because it demotivated me. The scales say I have only lost 3lb this week and I get weighed on
Wednesday so I'm hoping I lose more by then :(

I know you're not supposed to weigh at home, but I do!

The scales in the pharmacy I go to are always exactly the same as my home scales. The only difference is that my pharmacy only records my weight on my Lipotrim card in whole pounds and my scales weigh to the nearest quarter of a pound. I weigh myself at home every morning, after I've used the bathroom, before breakfast and with no clothes on so that it's as accurate as it can be. I don't obsess over it and if I don't lose as much on a certain day it doesn't demotivate me at all because I know I'm losing weight at the rate I'd like to overall. It just really interests me to see the changes! :)

My goal weight is 9st 6lb and I'm going to check that I've got to that weight by weighing at home first thing in the morning because I can weigh almost half a stone more from the morning to when I leave for the pharmacy, depending on how much I've had to drink before I go and how much my clothes weigh.

The scales at my pharmacy always weigh me at 3lbs heavier than mine at home. Feels rubbish when I get weighed so I mentioned it to the lady who weighs me. She said that others had complained and to just go by my scales at home. I still have to have the pharmacy weight on my card though :(

Sorry guys bit I'm totally against weighing yourself at home! As we all know, weight fluctuates all the time so for the purpose of losing weight, it's far better to just have a weekly weigh in from an official body aka e Pharmacy. If you are 100% on this diet then you are going to lose weight, it's impossible not too. The best thing about the weekly Pharmacy weigh in is that it's consistent, it's a nice surprise to boost you for the comng week and it's the only one that counts really.

I just think hat weighing yourself at home is a dangerous game. If you do not look like you're losing any weighgt or not as much as you think you should be, then it can really make you feel miserable and deflated and it's these times when we would normally turn to food for comfort, hence why we're on this diet in the first place! it's just far too kuch of a risk, especially considering just how hard this diet is PLUS not like a reduced food/calorie diet, if you go off the rails with this, it's just not as easy to be good e next day and it probablxy won't show,mwith this you will knock yourself out of ketosis and will have to start week 1 all over again & remember just how painful that was!

In my opinion, it's far better to just have a weekly weigh in by your Pharmacist and look forward to a surprise weit loss number.

My pharmacist has told me to go by my scales at home. She said that the ones at the chemist were unreliable. I have been 100% for over 30 days and am not going to eat whatever my weightloss as what would be the point? Is just better seeing the lower numbers at home than the higher ones at the chemist.

my chemist scales are just a pair you buy from any old shop, this week they said they werent sure if the battery had gone in them or not, so they also have a set of manual scales as a back up, so nothing technical or state of the art with mine, actually mine at home could be better as brand new and with a brand new battery in lol. So it isnt always the case that theirs is the right ones i am afraid. If they were the proper weighing plate with seperate display ( like at WW or SW tend to have) and i knew they were calibrated correctly then i may think differently.

so basically i still do the match up thing, I have a record on mine and a record on hers, they always match with loss, just hers weighs me at about 3lb more than mine, could be due to clothes maybe, but those clothes are not my FAT so I would rather NOT count them te he x

I weigh myself at home, and at the gym on some proper scales that measure my height, fat, and BMI.
I have to do this because my chemist are still not weighing me so after i have picked up my LT i head off to the gym and get myself weighed......... the real downside to this is the last time i jumped on the scales at the gym it read 10st9lb i was heartbroke because mine at home had read 4lb lower than that and i know being 100% in your first week was the best lost..... i had to be careful because of that i did nearly eat and give up thats why i have started to weigh myself at home in the morning so for me its a truer reading than standing on the gym ones, fully clothed, in shoes, after shake and water x

Hi Boredomeater, Your case is the exact reason why I don't advise to not weigh yourself. BUT as your stupid chemist don't weigh you, which I think is totally unbelivable and disgusting, you don't have much choice. Could you not find anoer chemist, one with scales, who could supply you?

Hi Mrs R i went again yesterday for more LT and all i was asked is how much i have lost........... the cheek of him.
Yes i will be looking at going to another chemist next wednesday as i said if he didnt weigh me this week after i had reported him then i would change. x

Unbelievable!!!! Good for you changing pharmacy, hopefully you should get the support you deserve then.

I dont think there is a right or wrong way here.

I always weigh myself at home and always have done. The scales are exactly the same as the Pharmacist's scales pound for pound (well they were last week), however it is the numbers that the pharmacist gives me that I use...if he says I've lost a pound then I've lost a pound even if my scales say different. I suppose it depends on your mindset. I have a friend who refuses to have scales in the house, because her mood would depend on what the number on the scales was.

I haye a state of the art scales in the house and weigh myself every morning. The chemists scales weigh me slightly heavier than i am but i go by my card they fill in!

:whistle:

I don't go by the pharmacy scales as they tend to weigh me late afternoon when I'm at my heaviest! I weigh myself each morning at home and use the pharmacy more as a sop to pick up my sachets!

I can't believe they still won't weigh you. i would report them again to lipotrim

I don't go by the pharmacy scales as they tend to weigh me late afternoon when I'm at my heaviest! I weigh myself each morning at home and use the pharmacy more as a sop to pick up my sachets!

Ironically, last week I had to go and get weighed in the afternoon and there was a 5lb difference between their scales and mine. I normally go first thing on a Friday and there is usually a 2lb difference (clothes and a cup on coffee). However back to normal this week so I am expecting a good weight loss on theirs. xx

Back