Do u know any kittens for sell?

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by ANNTEXT, 28 March 2008 Social URL.

1. ANNTEXT

ANNTEXT Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers (points)
    I am looking for kitten maybe two - i am looking for girls but boys is fine too!
    I live in bristol brislington and i can't travel too far because i have to do it by bus!

anyone knows anyone please write back thanks !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I just came on here to say I am looking for a kitten too (would like two but can only take one) ... so thought I'd join your thread.

I'm in Surrey but will travel anywhere in the south for a kitten :)

4. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If you would consider a rescue kitten then there are PLENTY out there without homes, check out your local rescue centre :D

5. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i'm looking into cats/kittens available at rescue centres now. but nothing wrong with asking on here too ... get them before they end up in the rescue centre.

6. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I've been checking out the advertising boards at my local Pets at Home store for many weeks now. No kittens for sale at all, until Friday when there was three adverts, each wanting homes of pairs of kittens.

The one which attracted me listed two males, grey striped, must be rehomed together. It was just exactly what I was looking for. I phoned the number there and then and arranged to see them.

Well, I was smitten at first sight. Two silver grey tabby faces peered at me through the bars on the landing. The kittens were actually 8 months old so nearly adult sized, but oh they were fabulous.

I took them home with me and at this moment they are chasing each other up and down the stairs!

They have never been outside, having been brought up in a flat, so they had not been vaccinated, neutered or chipped. I have made arrangements for all three things to happen over the next few weeks, after which they can go out by themselves and explore my exciting and wonderful garden and the adjacent woodland.

In the meantime, yesterday I took them outside briefly with their new harnesses and leads. It was an overwhelming experience for them - so many senses were assaulted by new sounds, smells, textures, and sights. I will take them out for a short time each day until they can go out by themselves (after all innoculations and neutering).

Once home, I quickly taught them where their litter trays would stay, and also showed them how to use the internal cat flap. They caught on quickly. At the moment I am trying to find out what treats they love, it is not smoked salmon, nor ham, and not Milky Flake-ums. I will open a tin of tuna later, try cheese, and chicken.

I cannot believe that I have been lucky enough to find such fabulous pets. After my beloved Tab (see Avator) died a year last October, I couldn't consider replacing him, ever. I think he would be happy with my choice!

I also contact my local cat rescue service but kittens are generally less available due to good neutering/speying services carried out by cat rescue groups. They do however have loads of older cats which need a good home. I am glad that I got these two older kittens, they are just as easy and quick to train, and still lots of fun. I would definitely recommend getting a pair, preferably friends, because they play with each other as well as with you.

Good luck everyone on your own search.

AJ - a very happy lady, owned by two cats!

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Ahhhhhh! Great news AJ. I got two 9week old black kittens - boy brothers. They are so cute and I love them. BUT I can't wait until they CALM DOWN.

So pleased for you!! Are they boys, girls or both?

8. AmandaJayne

"Are they boys, girls or both?"

Boys, Dancing.

They are fab! Nine week old kittens - life for them must be one long play-session. Mine are occasionally crazy, diving around the house, chasing each other, play-fighting and also 'humping' each other. Hmmm.

Last night we shut them in the conservatory and closed off the cat flap to prevent them coming into the house proper. They jumped up and pulled the handle down and let themselves in! We now have to wedge the kitchen chair under the handle to stop them. If we allow them full run of the house (we have an open plan downstairs) they make too much noise playing, particularly at 4 in the morning.

Boys are definitely more affectionate than girls (I've had both). Mine follow me around the house, even to the loo. Jumper likes water and stood on his hind legs watching me have a bath last night.

I have just returned from Pets at Home with a selection of treats. Jumper is a fussy eater, but I found that he does like Whiskers Temptations. Oscar likes all the treats I bought.

Gosh I do sound like a boring 'new mum', gushing on and on about my 'wonderful' sons!:D

I'm just off to put on their harnesses and take them round the garden. Oscar is happy to stand still while I put his on, Jumper jumps around a bit. Neither turn round and bite me or growl, so they must be happy to wear them. It's just until I can let them out on their own.

It was funny this morning. We were outside in the garden and Oscar wanted back inside, but Jumper wanted to do more exploring so I let Oscar back in and shut the door. Suddenly, Jumper decided he didn't want to be outside on his own and sat ouside the glass door while Oscar sat inside. They stared at each other and paced, trying to find a way to get to each other. It was sweet. I let Jumper in and they touched noses. Aaahhh.

Well, that's enough wittering on about cats. Tell me more about your lovely little ones, Dancing. Where did you get them, how did you pick them, did you pay for them, when do they get their vaccinations? Etc.

AJ

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

going to reply to this one when I'm at home (at work now) so I can gush like you just did :D

Love them! Love yours! Love mine! Love em love em love em

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Photos please everyone!!!!!!!!!

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

photos and stories to follow later this evening. Just want to say I'm worried about Keto (pronounced Keeto) ... we think he has cat flu and his eye has been v. gunky. Got some cream from the Vet who said to use it until the eye cleared up. Well it seemed to clear up in two days. So I stopped it. Just got in now after only a few hours away from him and it looks worse than ever. So I'm using it again. I've also got some antibiotics for him - what a nightmare to try to give him on my own. The antibiotics are to help with any infection that may be in the eye as he could end up with eye ulcer and therefore blindness. Poor little thing. Trust me to pick an unhealthy cat but I feel so sorry for him now. Oh, I hope he is ok.

his brother's name is Didge and so far he appears healthy but I'm sure I heard him sneeze this morning (would be more surprised if he DIDN'T get cat flu from Keto). Ho hum.

12. flirty40greeneyes

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    How's Keto now?? I had 2kittens who ended up with cat flu ... vet said they wouldn't survive, but regular 4hourly antibiotics, eye drops etc ... they are fine. One of them still sneezes and every now and then has eye infections - 12yrs on ... but otherwise no problems.

Attached Files:

13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks for asking ... and for telling me it isn't all doom and gloom. Keto's eye is better again today. I had to distract his brother for a while last night as he kept trying to play with Keto and I could tell that Keto actually just wanted to sleep (although he would give in and play if I didn't intervene). I just wanted him to recuperate a little.

I've started giving Keto his antibiotics too.. as worried he will lose his eyesight or something .... but this morning when I gave him his half tablet .... I realised I'd given it to Didge instead!! They are so blooming alike! Keto has now had his too. :)

I keep meaning to post about how CUTE they are ... but have to be in the mood. I'm sure the time will come and I'll bore everyone.

AJ, love the story of your kittens and I'm thinking that getting aharness for the first ventures into the garden (once second vaccination has been had) is a good idea.

14. AmandaJayne

Aw Beverley,

The pictures of your two cats are lovely. Are they boys too?

Dancing - So sorry to hear about Keto. My two went to see vet for their first innoculation yesterday. They were cool with it, thankfully. They did spend the rest of the day quietly sleeping, but perked up after 10 at night.

How did you manage to get Keto to take his medicine?

"....when I gave him his half tablet .... I realised I'd given it to Didge instead!! They are so blooming alike!"

I can tell mine by their collar colours! Also, Oscar's stripes are denser than Jumper's, and Oscar's nose has a bit more white on it than Jumper's. Apart from that, they look exactly the same.

I hope Keto continues to recover, let us know. I will post pictures when I can find the camera disc to load onto the laptop!

AJ

15. AmandaJayne

Here they are!

I've just learned how to move photos from my phone to the laptop.

The avatar shows Oscar (left) and Jumper (right) trying on my trainees and some tap shoes!

AJ

16. Hun08

Hun08 New Member

Hi
    This is my first post here, as I only joined yesterday. I just wanted to say I hope Keto gets better soon - it's heartbreaking looking after a sick cat (one of my cats was very ill recently but thankfully recovered after lots of TLC).
    It's good to see Im not the only person who gushes about my cats - Ive had them (or 'my boys' as I sadly call them) for years and they still entertain me constantly.

17. AmandaJayne

That's funny, Hun08, that's what I call mine!:D

Go on, gush a bit about them, lets see a photo;)!

AJ

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. flirty40greeneyes

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Yes Amanda they are both boys ... Craig and Marty!! And I have a female to match your boys ... Carla.

Attached Files:

20. AmandaJayne

Oh, what a little love, Flirty,

I kind of feel sad that I never saw 'my boys' as kittens. Having said that, I wouldn't swap them for the world.

Are your boys and girls from the same litter or have you had to introduce them to each other. Do you find the boys are more affectionate than the female?

AJ

21. flirty40greeneyes

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    My 2 boys are brothers and very affectionate .... especially big Craig - who thinks he's a dog! Carla is a "madam" in every sense of the word ... and is only affectionate if she wants to be - otherwise she's a right moo! My term of endearment for her is "Cowbags"!!!! She absolutely adores our hamster Babs .... who is her playmate!!!

Attached Files:

22. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

OMG they are gorgeous. Mine are boring black. I didn't get to choose them as such (well, there was a choice among three identical black ones :rolleyes:). There aren't too many kittens around to choose from. These two were luckily quite local to me also so they didn't have a huge journey home with me.

Do you know AJ ... sometimes my lack of lateral thinking scares me.... why didn't I think to put collars on them. Actually, I'm not sure I like them in collars - I will get them chipped when they are old enough). Maybe I should tie different coloured ribbons on their tails :D:D.

Strangely, Didge is not very purry today. Usually if I pick him up he is like an engine ... not today. Not sure what is up but perhaps he is feeling poorly having caught flu from his brother - think that may be it.

picture to follow ... but I've learnt that if I move from this screen before finishing it I lose everything I typed so I will add it via edit

Attached Files:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.