Do u know any kittens for sell?

AHHH they are gorgeous .. and so alike. Did you get the harness'?? Wilkinsons also do them - where I got my one for our baby from.

Hia Dancing,

I've just seen your photos. They are little darlings. Didge has the most amazing orange eyes. They'll give you hours of entertainment, much better than the telly.

My two are being spayed on Tuesday, and chipped. They are so looking forward to going outside by themselves, they sit on the window ledge and chatter at the birds. They are still mounting each other reguarly and having a 'carry on', galloping all over the house, sounding like a herd of (small) elephants. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope they don't give grief to next door's female cat, Penny, when they finally get out. She's black like your two, Dancing, and so sweet. Every time she has seen them being walked in the garden, she's growled and spat at them. They are a bit confused about that, and just want to be friends (?).

I'll keep you posted on what happens next week...

AJ

Hi, Guys I have now got my kitten - Its so sweet!
I was going to get it a harness but worried what people might say!

I have not got a garden but downstairs have and i was going to get him one for her garden that way he can still go out! Think it a good idea?

Well he has not had his jabs yet - i am signing up to vet on wednesday! he only 8 weeks old!

My 2 boys are brothers and very affectionate .... especially big Craig - who thinks he's a dog! Carla is a "madam" in every sense of the word ... and is only affectionate if she wants to be - otherwise she's a right moo! My term of endearment for her is "Cowbags"!!!! She absolutely adores our hamster Babs .... who is her playmate!!!

Reply ---
Hi i just got my kitten tiggs and i want him to get use to my hamster Sandy - How did u do it?
He been looking at the cage but have not touch it!

I had him now for only two days and was thinking of letting them see each other soon! - Was going to put hamster in the ball to run around first! - (but it would be great to see them like your photo them so close to each other)

Well any ideas guys let me know !

Thanks

My 2 boys are brothers and very affectionate .... especially big Craig - who thinks he's a dog! Carla is a "madam" in every sense of the word ... and is only affectionate if she wants to be - otherwise she's a right moo! My term of endearment for her is "Cowbags"!!!! She absolutely adores our hamster Babs .... who is her playmate!!!

Reply ---
Hi i just got my kitten tiggs and i want him to get use to my hamster Sandy - How did u do it?
He been looking at the cage but have not touch it!

I had him now for only two days and was thinking of letting them see each other soon! - Was going to put hamster in the ball to run around first! - (but it would be great to see them like your photo them so close to each other)

Well any ideas guys let me know !

Thanks

Babs the hamster, is very confident and not frightened of any of the cats. Because we have her out a lot, we firstly let the cats smell her scent on us - then held the hamster so they could sniff her - whilst stroking them and making a fuss. Next was to hold the cat/kitten and let the hamster free - and finally we've let them both go free. We always supervise though! Just in case!!!

Well the hamster sandy come out this afternoon and i held the cat up to sandy and they both smelt each other and the cat lick her - so i think it a good sign !

I going to try again tomorrow and keep trying to let them see each other!

Thanks for reply x

Well, the boys came home from the vets somewhat sad and subdued... minus balls.

They didn't liven up until after 9 at night and I was very relieved. It was great to watch them careering all over the house, wrestling, yowling and carrying on again.

Jumper has taken to standing on the toilet seat peering in just as I want to sit on it. We share. He likes to drink the water in the toilet too. After I've flushed that is.

Despite op they are still humping each other (just after 5 this morning). Perhaps it is a juvenile thing.

Can't wait to see them after work today.

I would love to see how they react to a hamster, but I'm afraid they'd try and eat it!

AJ

Well, the boys came home from the vets somewhat sad and subdued... minus balls.

They didn't liven up until after 9 at night and I was very relieved. It was great to watch them careering all over the house, wrestling, yowling and carrying on again.

Jumper has taken to standing on the toilet seat peering in just as I want to sit on it. We share. He likes to drink the water in the toilet too. After I've flushed that is.

Despite op they are still humping each other (just after 5 this morning). Perhaps it is a juvenile thing.

Can't wait to see them after work today.

I would love to see how they react to a hamster, but I'm afraid they'd try and eat it!

AJ

Ah bless! Carla is always nosey about the toilet too and wants to come in if we are in the bathroom!

Hounslow Animal Welfare Society will have lots of abandoned kittens available in the next couple of weeks or so. Or maybe consider an older cat ?

Have a look at their website :-
haws-animals.org.uk

They are also in Pets at Home ( Brentford ) each weekend from 11am - 4pm to give advice and information

I'm a volunteer for the charity in case you wondered :)

Hi Ladies, glad to hear you are enjoying your new "babies" I've got two older ones and wouldn't be without them. I remember all the things we had to do to the house and the garden to make sure they couldn't escape or get stuck anywhere! Just in case you hadn't thought about it (cos I hadn't and ended up with a vet's bill!) please make sure you don't leave windows open to far...both of mine fell out of our bedroom windows when they were small (actually one hearly did a little while ago when I forgot to close the door to the bedroom!)...one won't even go on the window sill now it's frightened him that much the other is so fearless I still can't open any windows upstairs to far in case of injury! Thankfully both were ok but you never know! With this lovely summer (we hope) nearly upon us I thought it best to give you a heads up! Vxx

No worries, it'll mean you'll bake in the summer tho! LOL I've invested in some ceiling fans now..these puddies cost a fortune don't they!

"Let the kittens out for 15mins and Keto ran around like a wild thing. Didge more sedately explored. Keto stalked Didge but kept getting distracted by the flowers and insects."

I can just imagine them, Dancing. Their senses are assaulted by sounds, smells, textures underfoot, sights, and feeling the wind ruffling their fur. Its sensory overload!

Mine go out in their harnesses, but even so, they are cautious for quite a while before gaining confidence to walk around and explore. They do not like the sounds of cars or other loud noises, so I don't take them round the front of the house.

I take mine back to the vet for a checkup next week, after which they can go out on their own. I am so looking forward to seeing their reaction when they no longer feel the pull of the harness stopping them exploring next door's garden!

Will they come back? Oh, I definitely think so. They'd miss their 'mummy':D.

AJ

Last edited:
Updates please! How are our babies doing?

My boys are continuing to enrich our lives, particularly at dawn, when I now get up to let them out and give them their first breakfast.

There is a cat in our street called Simba. He is a beautiful, sleek, spotty cat, rather like a cheetah. He is giving my two a hard time and trying (and succeeding) in intimidating them. I have thrown lots of jugs of water a him, to no avail.

His owner is related to my next door neighbour (whose little cat he also intimidates), and she lives in perpetual embarrassment at Simba's local reputation among cat owners. They all hate him!

Apart from keeping a lookout for Simba and chasing him away, there seems to be little I can do. Nothing fazes him. He has even faced down a local fox.

Apart from that, Jumper and Oscar are a constant source of entertainment and fun. Since being spayed they no longer mount and hump each other, which is probably a good thing. They love chasing flies, and bees, and they do that funny 'chatter miaow' - do any of your cats do that?

One day last week they tried to follow my daughter to school. She had to return back home because they would not leave her. I ended up giving her a lift!

One night, Jumper got left outside overnight. He was fine until about 2.30 when he tried to get in. Undaunted, he jumped onto the conservatory roof and then onto my daughter's bedroom window sill. He woke her up (eventually) yowling to be let in. She lifted the blinds and opened the window. He sat outside and stared at her for a while before sauntering inside. Just as she'd settled down to sleep again, Jumper decided he wanted to look out of the window. Despite the blinds being down, he attempted to step through them, entangling himself hopelessly in the process. The noise of the metal blinds being mangled woke me, but I turned back over, deciding to leave Jayne to deal with it! She was somewhat grumpy in the morning. She had to spend some time untangling Jumper from the blinds, and he thanked her by then sitting on her, purring loudly when she tried to get to sleep again.:D That's my boy.

I am looking forward to hearing about your cats adventures.
AJ

Well my baby is doing fine, He a wierd one he sucks his tail before going to sleep.Tiggs is at the stage of biting -playfully but it still hurts! He quite a bully really! I have just brought two new kittens and collect them tomorrow so they can all play together As i am hoping this will calm him down and have someone to play with!
i will post pictures to you all soon!
hope all your babys are fine too!

Attacked by rogue cat!

Popped home at lunchtime to let cats in and give them cat biscuits. Opened the conservatory window to let the boys in and went into lounge for a moment. Suddenly heard a yowl and ran back to conservatory, where I found my two cats and Simba, the rogue cat who won't leave them alone.

He was not afraid of me and attacked Jumper, who fought back as best he could. It was awful and scary, they battered each other viciously. I then made the mistake of trying to grab at Simba. He swung round and sank his teeth into my left hand and bit down with all his might. Jumper managed to get away from him and I chased Simba out of the house.

The pain was awful and I ran the cold tap over my hand for a few minutes. There were three main punctures which looked deep, and a couple of superficial ones.

I ended up at A&E where the cuts were cleaned and bandaged and I have a course of antibiotics to take. Cat bites are potentially serious, so I'll have to keep and eye on my hand for a few days.

My neighbour was kind enough to take me and pick me up from hospital, and later take myself and Jumper to the vets for a check up. His temperature was a bit raised so he got a antibiotic jag as a precaution. He seems ok, but quiet.

Phew, what a day.

It is difficult to know how best to protect my young cats. I don't want to keep them inside because they obviously get a lot of pleasure from being outside. I may for the time being only let them out when I can personally supervise them - which is a shame really.

I understand the owner of Simba is expecting her first baby. If I was her I would be worried about Simba's reaction to a baby in the house. Hopefully, she'll give him away (to someone a long, long way away).

AJ

AJ - how are you doing? No infection I hope.

The back of my hand is hot, swollen and the skin is tight. Despite that, I can drive, type and write (after a fashion). I am back at work today and managed fine. Tonight I went to see Joseph! at our local High School and discovered I could not clap!

So an update on my two (did you see their photos on the other thread?). Well, where to start? They don't have as many adventures as others I read about - or is it that I don't have the writing skills to share them?

Keto's nickname is now shitface because EVERY time he uses the litter tray he comes out covered in the litter from head to toe.

I have discovered a wonderful cat litter which is a type of crystal. It is marketed at owners to indoor cats and really does effectively mask odours completely.

Keto also somehow managed to get out of the garden this morning. But he is SOOO good that as soon as I call his name, no matter where he is, he comes running. I'd read that cats aren't like dogs and don't know their names - rubbish!

I don't know that my two know their names, but they do come when I call. I've trained them to come when I rattle their cat biscuit box too.

Keto also likes to lie down to eat his food every now and then - so he is now Shitface Ceaser Keto.

Didge - all I can say is he is adorable, loving, less neurotic than Keto (who, did I mention, has a plastic bag fetish!).

Does he sit in them? Oscar licks plastic bags...

I need to look up how long I've had them because very soon they will be able to be castrated - I hate to do it to them but it is for the best.

Yes, they are less likely to spray all over the house - a habit definitely to be avoided.

I have no funny stories. I just gush over them completely and they gush over me so they fill a gap in my life and in the absence of a man or a child, they give me the cuddles I love :).

And what's wrong with that?

They are starting to irritate me with their pickiness with food though. Only wiskas oh so meaty (or whatever it is called) will do - or fresh baked trout (I thought I'd left it a bit long for me to eat so gave it to them). Sometimes I have to grab what is available and they turn their noses up at it. Waste of money. And I can't believe how much cat food they get through - didn't think it would cost so much.

Yes, I sympathise. It took me a while to find a brand they liked. At one point we had a huge selection of different types which we tried in turn. Eventually they chose Tesco sachets in gravy. I had to give away several packets of cat biscuits which they turned their noses up to.

So, that is me.

I've just brought Jumper inside, he was growling with Simba again. It is good that he still stands up to Simba, I guess he's have to get used to it.

Earlier this evening, Simba's owners came up with a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of wine as a 'sorry' for what happened. It was a nice gesture, and we spent some time talking 'cat talk'. She adores Simba but knows his reputation is not good in the street. Apparently he often comes home soaked by neighbours throwing water all over him to scare him off.

Oscar and Jumper were sleeping together in their bed under the telly, looking particularly cute, I might say. I do love it when they cuddle up together. I must have taken a million photos of them, my phone is full of pictures!

Jumper is trying to sit on my laptop again, it is no good, I just can't type when he sits on the keyboard. I am going now to give him some cuddles...

Take care now and keep in touch...

AJ

Back