Do u or dont u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to everyone anyone remember we are all in this together and no matter how much people have to lose you are all inspirational for getting so far. Well done!!

Awww this made me warm and fuzzy inside. It's so true and sweet :)

I think if that happened to me i would stop it as then that wud prove that its havin an affect on my losses but while it isn’t il still do it but as i say i dont go crazy.. good luck for 2nte :D

But Christie, you've been back on plan for one week!!!! How do you know what effect it's having :sigh:

The original posts asked for people's VIEWS, not do we or don't we.

You've got views, the thing is, people start answering for each other and justifying other people's posts. I personally think this should not be the case.

If you don't want differing and often opinionated answers then it's best not to ask!

I have a treat night but I'm super good and syn free in the day and do make good choices ie a kebab but have a wholemeal pitta instead of a White one as a heb etc! But sometimes just like this week I have a real treat ie fish and chips or ice-cream!

It keeps me on track and stops me feeling deprived ...

But I only have it if I've lost at wi! Otherwise it's another sw day! X

Interesting debate!

I get weighed on a wednesday morning and after class my mum and I head straight to subway and get an italian bmt. I really look forward to it and it usually helps me stay on track for the rest of the week although recently i've been rubbish as i've been majorly stressed out and depressed, but hey ho. Onwards and upwards.

But Christie, you've been back on plan for one week!!!! How do you know what effect it's having :sigh:

You've got views, the thing is, people start answering for each other and justifying other people's posts. I personally think this should not be the case.

If you don't want differing and often opinionated answers then it's best not to ask!
excuse me jaylou i mean in the past so dont get snarky wit me.. did i say i didnt want people opinions?no! all i said was that people were sayin things that didnt need to be said and ermintrude was gettin attacked over voicin her opinion.. yet others werent, you are the one bein rude out of everyone and iv seen it before in other posts.. so i suggest U shudnt have commented on this page considering u are gettin into arguments with people over nothin!

well not in a very nice manner as other people have said!

i asked a simple question to see who did it and who didnt and it escalted into this crap! people were sayin how i dont c y u shud reward urself with food etc etc if people want to then thats up to them but yet when others voice their opinion that do reward themselves with food and they get snarky comments, so no offence if people can dish it out they should be able to take it..

I don't think I've made any snide comments.
I simply think you can't take anything with which you don't agree.

Your posts and comments were quite similar last time you were on here and I recall you taking the same tone with me.

Nothing's changed.

no that is not the case at all so dont even go there! do u think im goin to let u make comments and not comment back? u get on like i dont know wat im takin about iv lost over 2st on SW previously yet u say "oh how do u no uv only been back a week!" the way i do things now i used to do as well..

anyway end of i am not arguin wit u again and by the way u seem to have debates wit a few people so its u who cant take things.. do u c me arguin wit anyone besides u? no, end of discussion!

I used to do this. I don't any more.

This was my thoughts on it - yes I still lost weight, no I wasn't detrimental to my losses, yes it kept me on track

This is now my thoughts on it - without it I can lose more weight, how can it not be detrimental to my losses, it makes me want even more "off plan" things each week and I don't know where to stop.

It takes a reduction of 3500 calories to lose a pound. If I have a pizza (2000 calories) tesco luxury coleslaw (around 500 calories) plus a big bag of chocolate (1000 calories) there's a pound I haven't lost.

It really is each to their own but I'm not a fan of this any longer, it's a recipe for disaster in my book. I now have a bar of chocolate and count it as my 15 syns for the day (I normally have 10 syns).

As for flexible syns - I thought this was for "special occassions" when you want some more flexibility? Each to their own though.

I didn't say it was a takeaway pizza - this is a normal Tesco pizza, so not even loaded with cheese like a takeaway one. I don't actually like pizza from a takeaway. It's not a lot of food in my opinion, I can easily eat a whole pizza. The Tesco luxury coleslaw is so creamy, but full of fat, hence the calories.

I was just making a point that if people added up the amount of calories in their "treats" then they may be surprised. I was.

You are quite correct though in the fact that you can get away with a bit more when you have more to lose. I could get away with it but I like to know I've done all I can to get a loss, so the treat had to go.

Not getting up my nose at all - these threads prompt good discussions, just didn't want people to think I was a piggy with a huge pizza dripping with cheese and all that jazz!

There'll always be those who do, those who don't, and those who do a little bit ;-)

Thanks Christie - we're all voicing our opinions are we not? As I just said, these threads always prompt a discussion. It's not a case of "no need to say anything", it's a case of people not quite liking what's been said.

You asked who does and who doesn't - people explain that they don't, and why they don't.

Debate is good.:D

Nope, not for me hun. Each to their own and all that :)

I don't think I've made any snide comments.
I simply think you can't take anything with which you don't agree.

Your posts and comments were quite similar last time you were on here and I recall you taking the same tone with me.

Nothing's changed.

All my posts above.

Until the last one, I see nothing contentious, nor argumentative, nor snide.

I posted a post about this the other day! when I first joined slimming world (december 2010) after weigh in i Would have a chocolate bar and then every week this increases even more and I have had a take away the past two weeks but they are now stopping and going back to a chocolate bar! Theres people in my group who have a takeaway after every weigh in and they admit this and they loose every week!
But I do loooove a crisp sarny when i get in yum yum!

I don't do it on WI day but I do have an 'off plan' day on Saturdays - to make up for this I generally have no syns any other day of the week. Not exactly fitting in with the SW ethos but it works OK for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back