do u think its a good idea?

rach1987

hi there in search for your comments and views, ive been thinking about my portion size on slimming world and its massive , thinking of cutting it . correct me if im wrong or is a bad idea but im thinking to use the portion size from heb on both plans red and green, u see i follow extra easy. im thinking eg

at dinner

70g cooked chicken
200g raw potatoes (but will be cooked)
veg gravy ect

im thinking of using the measurements hoping for portion control. they say that u should only have a palm size portion of meat, then veg then carbs? is that right? ur stomach is only the size of a fist?

portion sizes im thinking for things i eat

cooked

70g chicken
75g turkey
60g beef
95g extra lean mince
50g bacon
90g ham
65g pork
(all fat removed)

150g cod
115 tuna tinned

375ml skimmed milk
30g cheese

150g beans
120 peas

100gcooked pasta
230g potato with skin
200g new potatoes

i do know sum of these are already my he, on ee, but im just wondering would it help portion control and maybe shift a few founds ?
your honest view please, bad or good xxx:)

SW advise that you eat more SS food to loose weight. Make sure your plate is fulled with atleast 1/3 SS food for every meal. Then that leaves less space for your meat, starch and other veg for every meal. Eat SS fruit for snacks when you crave something between meals. If you do portion control, you must remember to eat enough SS food to full you up if you are feeling hungry. You only start looking at portion control if you fail to loose weight on SW EE, Red and green. SW is a healthy eating plan and not a diet. You should never be hungry on SW. You also have 5-15 syns that you can work with. You could have 5 syns a day.

I never measure meat but I always measure carbs regardless of the plan I'm on. Quite simply, too many carbs bloat and constipate me! I'm not to stringent about it but I'll only have a carb heavy meal once or twice a week, if I can I'll substitute carbs for more superfree- like using cauliflower rice, bns mash instead of normal mash for cottage/fish pie topping, throwing white cabbage in with my pasta etc etc

I know it's not plan, but it wouldn't do us all to be the same and I just know my body can't take carbs! I suppose what you would be doing is sort of 2/3 superfree instead of 1/3? SW definitely advocates that :D

SW advise that you eat more SS food to loose weight. Make sure your plate is fulled with atleast 1/3 SS food for every meal. Then that leaves less space for your meat, starch and other veg for every meal. Eat SS fruit for snacks when you crave something between meals. If you do portion control, you must remember to eat enough SS food to full you up if you are feeling hungry. You only start looking at portion control if you fail to loose weight on SW EE, Red and green. SW is a healthy eating plan and not a diet. You should never be hungry on SW. You also have 5-15 syns that you can work with. You could have 5 syns a day.
hi there Muis thanx for ur comment , i do the 1/3 superfree if not more , and eat tons ss fruit and veg but still cant seem to shift the weight , i just thinking if i use these as a guide will it help? i will be following plan but if i use these eg measure ments to help control meat and carbs i would of thought it may help, please feel free to correct me if im wrong, i thought this was how super express days worked :confused: xx

hi there Muis thanx for ur comment , i do the 1/3 superfree if not more , and eat tons ss fruit and veg but still cant seem to shift the weight , i just thinking if i use these as a guide will it help? i will be following plan but if i use these eg measure ments to help control meat and carbs i would of thought it may help, please feel free to correct me if im wrong, i thought this was how super express days worked :confused: xx
Sounds like you have got to the point where portion control is the way forward. I think your portion sizes look about right(but then I am no expert)

Have you tried throwing in a few red or green days a week? I know some ladies in my group eat EE 4 days a week and red days 3 days a week and they are now shifting the weight again.

Good luck.

I never measure meat but I always measure carbs regardless of the plan I'm on. Quite simply, too many carbs bloat and constipate me! I'm not to stringent about it but I'll only have a carb heavy meal once or twice a week, if I can I'll substitute carbs for more superfree- like using cauliflower rice, bns mash instead of normal mash for cottage/fish pie topping, throwing white cabbage in with my pasta etc etc

I know it's not plan, but it wouldn't do us all to be the same and I just know my body can't take carbs! I suppose what you would be doing is sort of 2/3 superfree instead of 1/3? SW definitely advocates that :D
thanx JezVonSavage for ur post, yeah thought i could bump up my sf more to 2/3, i thought in a way this is what super express day was? i know i will prob get bored of the weighting but hay if it will help the weightloss and constipation ill give it a go. i did try the speedy soup thought that could help but made me very bloated , gas and constipated (please excuse:D)

Sounds like you have got to the point where portion control is the way forward. I think your portion sizes look about right(but then I am no expert)

Have you tried throwing in a few red or green days a week? I know some ladies in my group eat EE 4 days a week and red days 3 days a week and they are now shifting the weight again.

Good luck.
hi Muis no i havent but think ill give it a try thanx xx

As Muis said, have a go at red or green or maybe even a fish week? There is a thread about somewhere about doing a fish week, the lady who did it lost 8lb and at that point she had been STS for weeks and was pretty close to target.

I'm doing one this week. I've lost 11.5lb and I'd REALLY like to get my stone award before V-Day so when I eat a big bit of cake I don't feel guilty about it :)

Back