Do you blow it on WI day?

I love this post! I see too often on here people criticising others for the choices they make on their slimming journey but as you say every person is different and we all have our own ways of interpreting the plan to fit us. And if it works, who is anyone else to say we are doing it wrong!

I love this post as well emsie! I really admire the attitude you have to this, and the fact that you're trying to get a normal attitude. It sounds really healthy and really quite admirable.

Thank you x I'm just doing what I feels best for me and it may not suit everyone same as other peoples ways might not suit me. Things change along the way too and as I've been doing it a while this is my current stage but I probably have said different at other times x

I haven't been to my first meeting yet as it is on Wednesday and I have just joined but I think I will be going down the buying myself non food related as a treat instead of binging on food. I will either buy something make up related or toiletries as I love anything to do with them but only if I have lost as an incentive no idea if this will work or not.

Lola xx

I love to here the different ways everyone gets thru weigh in day too, iv seen on ********* the 1 empty kilner jar and one full of shells or pebbles of how many pounds you have left to lose then transferring each one into empty jar n leaving them somewhere in kitchen so u see them every time u go to the fridge or goodies drawers. Soon builds up x

I try to have as "normal" life as possible. For me that means enjoying a few drinks at the weekend. I definitely have more syns than usual as the weekend but then rein back in during the week. I don't feel I need to have "treats" during the week and most of my syns are used for a bit of butter on toast, sauces with meals etc. Most evenings during the summer I have an ice lolly for 3 or 3.5 syns. Over the course of the week I usually end up having around 100 syns.

It works for me so I'll continue to do it my way - I suppose it's a sort of tweak of the plan but I know lots of people work on weekly syns and find it works for them.

Denise

I see too often on here people criticising others for the choices they make on their slimming journey but as you say every person is different and we all have our own ways of interpreting the plan to fit us. And if it works, who is anyone else to say we are doing it wrong!

Exactly everyone is different and its what works for me. Some weeks I don't use many syns, some weeks I may have a day where I overindulge and not worry about the syns. It keeps my sanity. After a hard week of doing everything for everyone l treat myself. Some may judge for using food as a reward but at present but keeps me going. I'm early in my weight loss journey so may differently in the future.

I think the most important thing is to just deal with whatever it is you do and be able to get back on plan - as long as you dont feel guilty for going off track then it shouldnt stop you starting a new on plan day in the morning! :)

I have a blow out on WI day sometimes but not purpously! Its because I feel I need to eat very little on WI day which i weigh at 5pm and im so hungry by the time i get home i stuff my face!! This is why im thinkin bout changing to a morning class :)

WI days are the total opposite for me. I think that is only because WI is at 10am and I always stay to group so am very freshly motivated to stay on plan, even more so when I have a good loss. But it does go to pot on a Saturday. That is when I always seem to unintentionally sabotage myself but back on track the next day.

This is something I find crazy about the group WI's... People starve themselves in the day for a good result then binge after?! NOT healthy!
People always put on a few pounds through the day, can only get accuracy over time if you WI in evenings...
I WI at home before breakfast with the same pj's on and then I have a normal sw day after. I avoid take aways a couple of days before WI as chinese stays heavy in my stomach for a while, but if I want one on WI day it stays within my syns.

Back