Do you eat your exercise calories?

fatgirlslims

is going all the way...
Or save them up to increase your weight loss?

I don't really eat mine and I was wondering whether the "eat a minimum of 1200kcal" rule applied after you deduct exercise calories.

Here's my example: Over the last three days (I'm ignoring the start of the week as my first two days were abnormally low), I have eaten an average of 1497 calories - almost bang on my plan of 1500 (big pat on the back!).

But, if I take off calories burned by exercise, that average declines to 935.

If my BMR is 1200 (or more as some websites claim), then I'm not meeting those needs.

So, am I completely overcomplicating this and should just carry on, as I've clearly got enough energy to exercise?

Or should I rev up my metabolism by eating to match my exercise levels? What do you do?

All comments appreciated!

erm.... hard one, i have not been eating my exercise cals, well actually i dont even know how many cals i burnt with my trainer yesterday...

would be good to hear what other ppl think.

i would think eat some of the cals ... but dont treat urself with those cal. so maybe more fruit veg protein rather then carbs or fats...

I don't eat my exercise calories. I don't know whether that is the right thing to do or not but I have not had any problems in the last nine months!
Also if I had been eating my exercise calories I would probably not even manage to lose a pound a week.

hey I have gone down to 1100 calories and I only do walking as exercise. I walk at least 20 miles a week and this equates to about 2500 calories in a week.

Back