Do you eat your exercise calories?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by fatgirlslims, 28 May 2009 Social URL.

1. fatgirlslims

fatgirlslims is going all the way...

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Diet:
    Go Lower
    Or save them up to increase your weight loss?

I don't really eat mine and I was wondering whether the "eat a minimum of 1200kcal" rule applied after you deduct exercise calories.

Here's my example: Over the last three days (I'm ignoring the start of the week as my first two days were abnormally low), I have eaten an average of 1497 calories - almost bang on my plan of 1500 (big pat on the back!).

But, if I take off calories burned by exercise, that average declines to 935.

If my BMR is 1200 (or more as some websites claim), then I'm not meeting those needs.

So, am I completely overcomplicating this and should just carry on, as I've clearly got enough energy to exercise?

Or should I rev up my metabolism by eating to match my exercise levels? What do you do?

All comments appreciated!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    erm.... hard one, i have not been eating my exercise cals, well actually i dont even know how many cals i burnt with my trainer yesterday...

would be good to hear what other ppl think.

i would think eat some of the cals ... but dont treat urself with those cal. so maybe more fruit veg protein rather then carbs or fats...

4. Debzi

Debzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(35.29%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I don't eat my exercise calories. I don't know whether that is the right thing to do or not but I have not had any problems in the last nine months!
    Also if I had been eating my exercise calories I would probably not even manage to lose a pound a week.

5. fatgirlslims

fatgirlslims is going all the way...

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.45%)
    Diet:
    Go Lower
    How many calories are you on and how much exercise do you do, Debzi?

6. Debzi

Debzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(35.29%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    hey I have gone down to 1100 calories and I only do walking as exercise. I walk at least 20 miles a week and this equates to about 2500 calories in a week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.