Extra Easy Advice for upping calories on SW whilst maintaining balance?

Hi everyone. I have a dilemma at the moment; should I continue trying with slimming world or move to exercise and calories in order to rid myself of these 4 stones? 🙁

My main issue with slimming world is I can never reach a high enough calorie count in a day and this goes on for days so that by the end of the week, I’m out of energy and quite miserable, actually. I could eat free food such as chips/rice/ham/eggs but deep inside, I think what my body needs is a bit of fat. Can anyone advise me here on what I should do or how I can up the calories healthily?

I also find my skin is dry and looks dead whereas when I come off it to have s chippy or something else fatty, my fave changes and I look brighter. It’s a really strange phenomenon that I do not understand. Can anybody enlighten me with this too?!

Well, I would ideally like to eat salmon but I really don’t like it. I suppose I could take supplements; I took some a few months ago to improve my acne and they actually did so I may do that. I’m not a fan of any other fish unfortunately :( Avacado is definitely an option because I guess it is good fat and straight fat also. I would also love to do more exercise but doing this would mean me being under on calories.

I usually have all my syns but calorie wise I’m usually on around 1200 at best. I do have a variety of foods although lunch is what I struggle the most with. I find when I’m on slimming world I go towards mug shots and pasta for lunch but I would never normally have this aka if I was doing it calorie counting.

I tend to have cheese and ham toastie with spinach in the morning and a mugshot or pasta with pesto, chicken and veg for lunch. Dinner would be chicken with some kind of sauce, such as Philadelphia/Cajun spices/ tikka masala/ satay sauce etc and rice or maybe spaghetti bolugnese with mince. Often have plain chicken breast with veg gravy and potatoes. I always have mayo and ketchup with dinner and breakfast.I love apples grapes and tangerines so I’ll eat this and maybe a fun size chocolate bar at the end of the night. I normally have 80-90g rice or spaghetti. I would probably rather have less for the sake of balance but if I have any less, I’m losing calories which I feel is what I’m needing, judging by my low energy levels.

On the face of it it looks like you are doing everything right. I'm assuming the cheese in the toastie is your HexA and is the bread your HexB?

I know on another thread you explained why you like to cc as well as SW, but why not try doing SW for a few days without the cc? Clearly it's not working for you at the moment so you need to try doing something different.

I don't know what you eat when you are not doing SW but for me starting the day with a cheese and ham toastie woukd make me feel sluggish due to the bread. Why not swap it out for a cheese, ham and spinach omelette for a few days and see if that helps? Then maybe use your HexB for some nuts which are a nice healthy fat. You can have 35 pistachios or 23 hazelnuts or 5 brazils for example.

On the face of it it looks like you are doing everything right. I'm assuming the cheese in the toastie is your HexA and is the bread your HexB?

I know on another thread you explained why you like to cc as well as SW, but why not try doing SW for a few days without the cc? Clearly it's not working for you at the moment so you need to try doing something different.

I don't know what you eat when you are not doing SW but for me starting the day with a cheese and ham toastie woukd make me feel sluggish due to the bread. Why not swap it out for a cheese, ham and spinach omelette for a few days and see if that helps? Then maybe use your HexB for some nuts which are a nice healthy fat. You can have 35 pistachios or 23 hazelnuts or 5 brazils for example.

Yes cheese is part of my hex A and bread is all my hexb. It’s very satisfying in the morning but this is probably more of a recent trend for me. Other times I’d have a bacon and egg sandwich, egg and soldiers with fruit or bran flakes. I’m not a great fan of omelette or egg in that sort of form.

I calorie count just for interest but I know it doesn’t apply as such with SW as it’s based on syns. But I do find my calorie count very low and struggle to get the count up on SW and I think it’s leaving me tired. Either that or it’s something else but I suspect it’s the calories. I’m almost considering ditching sw and just counting calories. It’s hard to up calories without eating a lot of rice or carbs

I don't know your height and weight etc but 1200 calories sounds about right for if you are trying to lose weight.

My point about calories is that because you are counting them, you have got it into your head that you aren't having enough, when possibly the lack of energy is something else entirely such as what you're eating. I'm just following SW and I have no idea how many calories I have on a daily basis but I'm losing weight at a decent rate and feeling full of beans with enough energy for exercise.

Anyway, to be honest I'm just going to leave you to it. Even though you have asked for help and advice, reading your responses on this thread and your other one, it just does seem that you want to carry on doing things your way. As my SW consultant says "if you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results. I'm not saying this to be rude by the way, just that you might not realise you're doing it.

Good luck with your weight loss whatever you decide.

It is rude of you actually and maybe processing my responses (as opposed to viewing them as contradictory to advice), would make you realise that your input is not additional. Instead, you accuse me of not listening but the reason I came to the forum is not because I haven’t tried or have the sense to figure this out myself, but to look for an ‘additional’ response, which clearly, no one has.

However, thank you for trying to help and thanks for the luck. I wish you the same!

Back