Do you enjoy meetings?

Bubbs honestly, no-one will be thinking about anyone else's reasons for staying or not staying - everyone is too busy panicking about getting on the scales themselves!

I enjoy meetings and I can't wait to be able to join up and go again. I can't commit at the moment as I don't know whether I'll be well enough each week, so it would be a waste of money if I can't make it. My consultant is amazing, I used to attend her Saturday class which was massive but now she's taken over a smaller evening class, I go to that one instead as the atmosphere is better with it being a smaller group.

Blaze - I think it's some of the posts on here that have made me think that rather than my own class IYSWIM, there's always people who get offended by others staying / not staying or whatever - less so IRL I guess. I need to be less sensitive innit ;)

I don't give a **** what people think of me any more, it's very liberating! I'm going to take my wig off to be weighed when I go back to class and I'm looking forward to getting some odd looks, hehe. I am perverse though. :D

I left my meetings as they didn't inspire me. I dont like listening why 30 odd people have loss/gained as find it boring and pointless. I love sw plan but much prefer my old ww meetings, where you all got weighed had a 20min or so talk about topic of the week eg low point foods etc. I found sw could last an age and become so tedious.

Mine is a bit like that, only reason I say is because my mum wants to, also seeing as I paid my fee I might as well get my moneys worth. Sometimes there are handy things I learn but its very rare, I'm glad I joined this site as I have learnt more here than my class.

Though having her call out how much you lose, does help me as it makes me sick to the diet as I'd be embrassed if I put on. Not looking forward to the day it happens.

looooooooves my group it is a huge group however not a lot of people stay. I am like a child or a puppy I NEED to have someone pat me on the head and tell me I'm a good girl and give me a treat hahaha (plus 2 hrs away from mad house of hubby n 5 kids is a wee bonus :p)

I dont know as ive never been i use this site as my meeting place

I stay most of the time - i figured its working so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm genuinely interested in other peoples weight gains/losses keeps me grounded and that every one has good/ bad weeks and not to get disheartened if my own weeks been a bit dodgy.. When you have 8 stone to loose its a long journey and its nice to have company while you do it - also whilst i'm obsessed with syns and healthy extras i can understand why my friends might get fed up listening to me go on and on! That said it can take a while to get round every one and it can drag a bit! And i have occasionally thought i just want to go home, have a bath and an early night! And once or twice i've done just that!

I used to like my group but since January, it's tripled in size and now lasts ages. The chief topic of conversation there seems to be alcohol related, and we now have the same booze jokes flogged to death every week. As a teetollar, I find this very boring! I haven't stayed to class for the last 2 weeks and as I've still got 5 weeks of a countdown left, I'll continue to go.

lardylady said:
I used to like my group but since January, it's tripled in size and now lasts ages. The chief topic of conversation there seems to be alcohol related, and we now have the same booze jokes flogged to death every week. As a teetollar, I find this very boring! I haven't stayed to class for the last 2 weeks and as I've still got 5 weeks of a countdown left, I'll continue to go.

That is a real shame. I can understand what you mean. Our consultant does tend to move things along if it's veering off topic. Generally our group is focused and our c guides the group by size as to what the activity will be... It's all about striking that balance. But I'm really sad for you that you dont want to stay to class :-( I hope it improves for you.

I was a lot more committed to staying to group when I was still losing, but now I'm at target, if I need to go, for example, when I have a lot of uni work on, it's not such a big deal.

I agree with some of the above comments, my group's ended up huge, and it's often a lot of the same conversation topics. That said, I will still stay on occasion, partly for support, and partly to catch up with other members.

I stayed to group last night for as long as I could, and due to interruptions and someone talking about some renovation stuff they're doing at home next week we had got through speaking to 4 people in 45 minutes. I was sat at the back of the room due to getting in late / needing to leave early, next to a bunch of 6 new joiners from end of Jan who all know each other and *constantly* talked between themselves - it was driving me mad.

I do want to go to group and stay... I just hope it's not this bad next time!

I really enjoy some aspects of group, the consultant is one of my closest friends, I travel with her & I'm on the social team so I enjoy the best part of 4 hours out of the house. I love chatting to members when they pass through pay. Lately though the group has really grown (so much so that it is going double session) & I barely get time to speak to anyone.

I do get a bit bored with image therapy at times though, so many people just seem to be there playing at loosing weight & they trot out the same old excuses every week. Taster evenings are always fun, we have some good/adventurous cooks in our group so the food can be very nice.

Image therapy was great last week, it was mega busy so we did it speed dating style & it wasn't half as boring.

I always stay to group and I personally think this is really important. I never understood why it was in the past when following another clubs 'diet'.

Paying to simply be weighed every week then just leaving is really not what it's all about. Why not just weigh at a friends house for free if you're going to do that?

The most important part of going to group is staying. This is where you get and can offer support, inspiration, advice and excellent 'tips' which can make all the difference. My C and my group (the ones that stay) are all fantastic and I wouldn't be without them, EVER. They are my lifeline and the secret to my success. :) xxx

Paying to simply be weighed every week then just leaving is really not what it's all about. Why not just weigh at a friends house for free if you're going to do that?
Because at a friend's house, there wouldn't be the same expectation and it wouldn't be a public commitment. Some people choose to weigh and go, as they know that if they didn't, they wouldn't stick at it. We pay our £4.95, we get the right to decide whether it's worth that much to stand on a pair of scales. For alot of people, it obviously is.

The most important part of going to group is staying. This is where you get and can offer support, inspiration, advice and excellent 'tips' which can make all the difference.

But I don't find the group inspirational. It's boring. The whole talk is geared towards the EE plan, and as I only do Green days, I don't pick up many tips at all.

I do stay for the meeting and find it beneficial. I really enjoy getting claps and stickers in recognition of my hard work (such a child I know) :D. The one time I couldn't stay and I had put on, I just went away feeling miserable which resulted in me not making the best food choices that evening, I know if I had been able to stay then I would have gone away feeling more positive.

Yep. I love the meeting.

I like to hear how each member has got on that week, if they've done a new recipe, tried something different or just had a fab week. I love to see people get their awards too.

I get so much from meetings, my full fiver's worth!!

Each to their own, but I have never missed a group unless I've been on hols and I've stayed every week unless it's been parents evening or I've had an appointment. It's part of my life and I love it!

In the past I have lost weight on my own, it can be done. This time i decided, admittedly on the spur of the moment, that I would join SW. I am so glad that I did, it has made a difference. I enjoy the chat, the hints, and yes the competition, but also I find the people i see each week, who have made such amazing journeys and lost such huge amounts of weight, and yet still come to group. Those people are so inspirational. This time I know I can succeed.
So yes I do enjoy meetings.

I have always stayed since joining in July last year I've never missed a week . I love my group I class my consultant as a friend and theyre a fantastic bunch of people .
Now I'm at target I'm planning to keep attending I'm worried if I stop I'll lose my motivation

I really enjoy staying to class and hearing different hints and tips but after a long day at work sometimes I just want to get home!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back