Do you ever find that sometimes its all just too much?

indiebabe

Hi all

Just need a bit of an offload really as feeling very sorry for myself. I'd maintained my weight pretty well, I never hit goal but settled at 10st and was in a comfortable size 10 - 12, I really felt fine.

Then in June I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and I was devastated. Although I know that by changing my diet I will feel much better and be healthier I was devastated about the idea of a 'forever' change and never being able to just enjoy the foods I love again or eat out without it being complicated. I've put about a stone and a bit on and been feeling really fed up...

Then last week my boyfriend of four years told me he doesn't want to marry me or start a family with me, & we've split up. we have just moved into our dream home (rented thankfully) but my world has just crumbled. I had a few days of not eating but now am constantly hungry and yet I look in the mirror & am genuinely disgusted by what I see.

I feel so sad and fed up, so scared about my future (I think I'll have to move back to my parents an hour away from where my work and friends are and commute) and I feel so fat and unattractive that I just don't know what to do with myself really!

I'm not expecting any particular answers...I guess I just needed an offload and have always found this forum such a great source of support that it felt right to utilise it now.

Claire x

I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.

But think of how far you've come! Losing a stone in weight is hard work and I bet when you started your weight loss you had moments where you thought you couldn't do it - but you did! I don't understand how you can be disgusted after all you have achieved and you are really pretty! You are not unattractive in the slightest :)

Although right now you may doubt you'll find anyone else, you will when you're ready :) There are 3.5 billion other men in this world, there's bound to be one just for you, one who will love you for who you are and want the same things as you.

I got a tattoo near my heart saying "always have hope". My cousin was killed in a car crash 2 years ago at only 19 years old and I fell into horrible depression. Yet here I am, better and ready to take on the world! I got the tattoo to remind me even in the darkest situations where you feel like you can't get out, you can. Always have hope that you can. Things do get better.

I just read a book by Katie Piper called Things Get Better and thouroughly reccommend it :) One thing I took from it was every day write down things you are grateful for in life and good things that have happened, it helps me a lot to see the good things in life and be positive.

I'm just rambling on but I hope maybe a little of this will help x

Im so sorry hun, cant imagine how you must feel - but you are doing really well - look what you have achieved so far xxx

Hunny, you have taken steps in the right direction. You have come on here for support and encouragement, we we will give you in pounds of!

Be thankful that you have seen your ex boyfriends true colours now, rather than however many more years down the line. His loss is your gain. There is a big world out there and it's got your name written all over it.

It must be horrible when you think your future is mapped out, but take the bull by the horns and venture out into the big world and go get them.

You know you can loose the weight as you have done it before and you WILL do it again.

I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason.
I went out WIth a boyfriend for. Almost 10 years and worshipped the ground he walked on. He didn't want to settle down etc and we split. 2 years later I met my, now husband, got married and have 2 beautiful daughters, ( and an extra 4 stone of what I call happy fat) !!

Although you may not see the reasons clear now, believe me you will one day.

Be strong and take care

Xxx

Sorry you are having such a tough time. My sister is doing ww gluten free for similar health reasons. I've seen her battling with her weight and depression for so many years and suddenly having to completely change the way she cooks and eats. She went through an funny phase and still gets annoyed watching cooking shows!! But she is incredible and I'm so proud of her for not using the gluten thing as an excuse to give up and go backwards. I'm sure you will get through this. If you struggle with ww gluten free let me know and I'll see if my sister can give you some tips. Good luck xx

I have certain foods that I don't eat. Not because I am celiac, but because I have an addiction and certain foods trigger it and make me binge.

We have a saying in my recovery programme: one day at a time.

So I don't think about the fact that I will never eat certain foods again. For today I won't eat those foods. Sometimes it is even a case of, for this MEAL I won't eat those foods.

Perhaps this would help you?

indiebabe said:
Hi all

Just need a bit of an offload really as feeling very sorry for myself. I'd maintained my weight pretty well, I never hit goal but settled at 10st and was in a comfortable size 10 - 12, I really felt fine.

Then in June I was diagnosed with coeliac disease and I was devastated. Although I know that by changing my diet I will feel much better and be healthier I was devastated about the idea of a 'forever' change and never being able to just enjoy the foods I love again or eat out without it being complicated. I've put about a stone and a bit on and been feeling really fed up...

Then last week my boyfriend of four years told me he doesn't want to marry me or start a family with me, & we've split up. we have just moved into our dream home (rented thankfully) but my world has just crumbled. I had a few days of not eating but now am constantly hungry and yet I look in the mirror & am genuinely disgusted by what I see.

I feel so sad and fed up, so scared about my future (I think I'll have to move back to my parents an hour away from where my work and friends are and commute) and I feel so fat and unattractive that I just don't know what to do with myself really!

I'm not expecting any particular answers...I guess I just needed an offload and have always found this forum such a great source of support that it felt right to utilise it now.

Claire x

You can get that stone off again no problem hon. You just need to believe you can do it... Even though being diagnosed with coeliac disease will make things harder for you - it's definitely going to be worth it in the end!

I was with a guy for 4 years and he said the exact same thing to me after I mentioned moving in together to save the long commute we do (we work in the same office). Said he didn't want to marry me or stay committed to me and he told me I was holding him back from what he wanted to do. So we split 2 yrs ago. It's probably the hardest thing I've ever gone through but I'm over it now. I have seen someone else since but I'm single again as it didn't work out. Our Mr.Right's are still out there somewhere ;)
You are not disgusting or unattractive, you look very pretty to me in your picture. You're just feeling down and everything probably seems bleak and horrible. You will start to feel better, it doesn't stay like this forever. Keep your chin up hon xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Back