do you exercise?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by utternutta, 4 December 2010 Social URL.

1. utternutta

utternutta Full Member

I dont..... and really hope the plan enough will help me loose weight without having to exercise although i know i should at least try!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do an hour on the cross trainer Mon - Fri @ 6.30am it burns just over 700 cals

4. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually walk to work which is a mile each way but i cant always do that ..... the reason i try to walk is to help tone up the areas that need some help!! I dont know if it helps in loosing weight but i know that its toning my bum and legs x

5. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i've got back probs so can't do much excercise, have got a recumberant excercise bike that i keep saying i must go on ..................:eek:

6. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    yes I try and do half an hour most nights on a mini trampoline - whilst watching TV the half hour whizzes by..........at first I could only run on it for about 3 minutes before being totally and utterly puffed out - now I do the full half hour running on it - punching the air - weights in hands - twisting etc etc - we have to turn the TV up quite loud to be able to hear it - but I feel it's really toned my stomach and legs up this time.

7. lolmummy

lolmummy Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    if ya stick to plan ya will lose without exercise but when ya get close to target a bit of exercise will help get ya there when your losses slow down a bit!!

8. Rick82

Rick82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2.5lb(19.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find that exercise is crucial for me, whenever i feel the urge to cheat i think of all the hard work i'm putting in and that's always enough to stop me! I'm sure it's also the reason i'm enjoying great weekly losses aswell and like chocolatetrish mentioned it definitely helps to tone.

Rick

9. deg

deg Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(28.88%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    Need exercise to tone and shape - otherwise too many hangy bits

10. chocolate_bananas

chocolate_bananas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(15.69%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I really really try to get some exercise, usually a dvd at home or i go on the Wii. I didn't do any at all last week and had a smaller loss.

I sometimes can't be bothered but once i get into it i'm fine and i always feel fantastic afterwards :rolleyes:

11. chris_s

chris_s Less of a man each day

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.13%)
    Diet:
    sw
    I haven't been lately. It's too cold but a little now and again is always good to tone up a bit as you loose.

12. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I've found a love of walking! - I do 1.5 mile every day at work and then at least 6 mile on weekends.

Dieting alone will work - or at least it should do but I don't want to be dieting every week for small gains, STS, or .5 losses. I want to see my efforts rewarded with larger gains lol.

I also think the option of getting out and doing a few miles is immeasurably better than vegetating in front of TV or PC etc. - at least for me;)

I firmly believe a lot of SW members at group perhaps have poor/disappointing results because of their sedentary (sp?) lifestyles, though I can't really say it as I don't know for sure.

I feel much better for it and a look at my GPS app on the iphone shows I walked almost 45 mile in November!

As I lose weight and get even fitter and more motivated, I will become even more active and add further exercise:)

As you may have gathered, I wasn't always like this:eek:

13. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm trying but did it a bit wrong today - had weetabix with semi skimmed milk this morning, went and did 2 hours at the gym (4k on treadmill and bike plus some weights). But as I hadn't had anything with carbs before the gym my blood sugar dropped; after the gym I went to asda, came home had a bath then felt really sick as I hadn't eaten and my body only wanted sugar so I had a cadbury light dessert and a 2 finger kitkat as anything else made me feel sick.

Next time carbs before the gym :)

14. justjudith

justjudith *waves hello*

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green
    When I went to SW some years back the only real exercise I did was walking to group every week. I had an elderly dog so she didn't need much walkingn and I'd sit down at "Work" most of the time. I still lost 5 stone though - so diet alone can work.

This time I am more active to start with. I now have a young dog who keeps on at me to take her for an energetic walk, I go to Curves ( which is 30 mins a time) and to the odd class at la fitness. Its hard work getting to the gym but once I''m there I feel much better for it and I am sure it tones you up.

I want to enjoy myself ... now and forever - so I might as well do what makes me happy which is eating the SW way and exercising ~ even if it is a mad dash with Pickle.

Judith

15. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I didn't go to the gym for my first year on SW.....still lost 3.5 stone through healthy eating. I need to speed it up now so i have just joined a gym last month.

In the last 3 weeks i have lost 8lbs.....so it is making a difference to my losses.....

What i am trying to say is that you CAN lose weight without exercising, but if you start to go to the gym and reguarly exercise AS WELL as eating on the SW plan, you will lose at a faster pace. Its all a bit Hare and Tortoise......depends which one you want to be.

I have been a Tortoise and now i want to get my roller skates on.....so i have joined a gym!!!

xxx

16. tracejovi

tracejovi Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(4.08%)
    I go to Zumba once a week (about to start going twice a week) and go ballroom/latin dancing once a week. I also go jiving occasionally. Much more fun than the gym!!!

17. Batair

Batair Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do exercise because it keeps me sane but it also builds muscle and speeds up your metabolism which means you'll lose even more weight.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sarahlou25

sarahlou25 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world 'Extra Easy'
    I walk the doggies 3-5 times a day, they love it, i love it and im feeling much better now i've quit smoking! :) little and often as my adviser says to start with, and i'm a support worker so im on my feet most of the time anyway. :) maybe shopping? lol still walking, and its productive! :D x

20. lolmummy

lolmummy Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    wish i had a dog actually i think that wud keep me fit coz i love walking but the kids wont come with so a lil canine companion is a good idea x

21. sarahlou25

sarahlou25 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world 'Extra Easy'
    and the kids will love the a dog too haha. 2 birds with one stone! :) ive got quite energetic dogs too which helps! i'd recommend anyone got a pooch! x

22. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Fully agree - just how I would have liked to decribe it :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.