Do you follow 100% ALL the time?

How can you not be 100% all the time.

theres a difference between being 100% good.. and 100% on plan. You are ALWAYS ON plan, if you try to syn as much as possible and continue to have your healthy extras each day, as well as eating aswell as possible outside of the extra syns.. so if you'v had a few extra syns or youv had a few 'slip ups' your still on the plan, because your acnowledging them no? ...

your only off the plan when your not keeping an eye on it, or making a concious effort where possible.

x

Well said Fern.
I call myself 100% on plan though there are days when I have a few more syns but I also have some days when I am under so I think they even out. Some days I don't have my Hexs, and occasionally I have more but I don't worry about it. It all evens out eventually. For me anyway. As long as there is a loss most weeks the odd STS or tiny weight gain are ok. I don't fret about it any more. I used to but I am fine now!
The funny thing is that I am not as strict with myself as I was when I first started and my weight loss seems to to be greater in the last few weeks. Strange that!

Thanks for that Fern, I was just about to ask what people considered to be 100% because I would say I stick to it 100% with my 105 syns a week! If you go to the chippy or chinese once a week but syn it then surely that's different to eating take out every night and would mean that you're still sticking to the pla 100% x

I don't think I could ever follow it 100%. What do you do when you go out for meals etc, what do you do when you go out at the weekend? I struggle with that.

I tend to follow the plan 100% during the week and maybe 75% at the weekend? However I do use flexi syns so may not actually be doing too badly on weekends.

ummm - do we count flexi-synning as on or off plan?

I flexied yesterday as I figure there are some days we diet, and other days we diet for. Burleque night is one I diet FOR. When I'm there I need to just go with the flow. I stick to whisky and diet coke, but the amount just is the amount. I've never come back from one and know how many I've had, as I'm too busy having fun to take count. But have also danced most of the syns off I reckon. Anyway - it's one of the rare occasions that I think is worth maintaining (or even 1lb gain) for. And woundn't say that about Xmas!!

Yeah course flexi synning is being on plan! - you flexi - SYNNED, meaning your planned ahead and made the choice to flexi syn, u enjoyed your night, and synned what you could.. and then continued with plan as normal ? thats on the plan..

-clairedebear, your either very lucky, or you are subconciously, eating the 'sw way' around the bad stuff.. and you cant be major going over syns. and if thats not the case, then technically, your not really doing sw are you? LOL .. you are deffinatly right, it is a lifestyle choice, but.. i think theres confusion on what is 100% on plan.

if you eat the healthy extras each day,
use your syns, and count any extras.
if you conciously make healthy eating choices where possible
plan ahead and recognise when you need to flexi syn
you are still on plan?
being off plan is not having healthy extras, counting syns, not conciously assessing what the best healthy option is etc. then that to me, is off plan.

I eat out in a resteraunt about 2-3 times a week with my bf. and i always ahve a takeaway + the occasional box of choccies with my best friend once a week after wi.

I am still on plan. i count the syns, i cram asmuch healthy free food into the surrounding meals as possible, and i eat my healthy extras.

and for eating out, of course you can!

jackets, chicken, salads, pasta in tomatoe sauces, steaks, salmon, roast dinners, etc.

i love chicken on skewers with rice and mederteranian veg, or chicken with a bit of bacon and bbq sauce with cheese melted, a good phat jacket with beans and/ cheese, a nice steak with a jacket side, or pasta in a tom sauce.. and if your going out for a roast dinner, somewhere u can serve yourself is best, because you can opt for loads of veg, and the new pots with maybo one or two roastys, and put your own amount of gravey on.. i honestly dont find eating out a problem, when u panic, then your likley to go off track! xx

Good clarification Saint Fern!
I am 100% on plan then!

:D

I think I manage to stay on plan pretty much all of the time - of course I have my little treats (some of which are 'accidental'!), but provided they're couted as Syns then I'm still on plan, exactly as Fern says!

I accidentally added some butter to my mashed potato yesterday - but I counted the Syns, so it's all good! :D

I think I manage to stay on plan pretty much all of the time - of course I have my little treats (some of which are 'accidental'!), but provided they're couted as Syns then I'm still on plan, exactly as Fern says!

I accidentally added some butter to my mashed potato yesterday - but I counted the Syns, so it's all good! :D

Haha. how did you manage that accidently!! LOL xxx

well i have been going for ayear now and have 2st off if i stuck to it100% all the time i would probably be at target but the way i see it is longer to come off the easier for me to maintain as i have had a lot of sts weeks when i have not stuck to it.

As our Fern has already said, if you accknowledge what you have eaten you are doing it 100% end of matter. Try and slip the odd bit in here and there and pretend its not been eaten and then I'm sorry but I feel the slippery slope approaching if you aren't very carefull.

JUST BE HONEST ABOUT YOUR FOOD AND ACCKNOWLEDGE EVERYTHING YOU EAT. 100% SLIMMING WORLD.

dont all throw scan bran at me but.. im 100% on the plan have been since 15th june 09 and i hope my stats speak for themselves :)
i have green days as i dont eat meat, and fill up on free foods i have 6 syns a day i feel i dont need any more..oh and im week 5 into my gold body magic awards..
i know that if i fall of the wagon even once it will run me over and i will never get back onto it...
ok all scream at me now :eek:

Haha.. no need to scream. Youv done ever so well. be proud.. but i hope one day you feel comfortable within yourself to trust yourself to relax for a night every now and then. x

Back