Do you have one of the cheapy Lloyd's HRMs?

iwillsoonbeslim

....if so, do you find it very thirsty on batteries? I've had mine since mid May, and the batteries went dead around the end of July (I think). I'd put a note in my diary to change them again on 1st October. I'd been leaving the heart rate on display all the time, so thought that was the reason it'd drained so quick. I changed the battery in the watch and the chest piece.
Last week the watch started beeping intermittently. This didn't happen last time, so I just put it down to a function being turned on/off accidentally. But today I burned a whole 39 calories on a 3.5 mile walk lol I'm changing the batteries tonight.....!
I'm hoping it IS just the batteries, as, as much as I would like a new gadget to play with, this wee thing does me just fine.

Anyone? no? oh :-/

I'll let you off then ;-) I know a couple of folk in here do, but I can't remember who!

are the batts definitely ok? Sounds like the chest thing isn't fully communicating with the watch. make sure you've put the battery in nice and tight, and that the batt is okay... failing that its probably broken.

I have a really nice Polar ft4, its on the budget side of the polar spectrum, a very fancy piece of kit, not sure whether £50 is in your budget or not if you need a replacement x

After changing the batteries, my hour lunchtime walk burned 525 calories. Rather high, as I'd been seeing roughly 400/425 for an hour's walking.
TODAY I went the same route, took 3 minutes longer....and supposedly burned over 600! Except, once I came to put it into MFP, I checked for the exact numbers, and even though the stopclock was stopped, the calories were now saying 1200 odd! aarrggghhhhhhh
Went into Llyod's to buy another, but they're at £20 and I only paid £12.99. I couldn't bring myself to pay more for the same item, especially as it's gone wonky after jut 4 months use :-S
Really need it for tomorrow, as I'm going a day's mountain climbing, so will pop in and maybe grab Tesco's £20 jobby on my way home. Not a happy bunny :.(

Squeezyweezy has a Lloyd's one. I've got the Tesco one and had it since April, had no problems with it at all. Seems fairly accurate too. The Lloyd's one is just the watch and not the chest strap isn't it? Think those are more temperamental and likely to be inaccurate, I think!

No, no, this one has the strap too :) Good to know you've found the tesco one OK, as with such short notice (at work til 5.30, and will be walking at 6.30am) it's the only one I can grab. Hope I can set the darned thing up OK, I've got soooo much to do tonight.

Sorry only just found your post..

No probs with my Lloyds one and I'm sure Squeezy gets on O.K. with hers to.. Maybe you got a duff one???

....got the tesco one, and seems to be working just fine :)
Thought it was on the blink cos it recorded 64 calories for a tough 9+ hour hike over three Munroes. Have since realised it actually went over ten THOUSAND calories, and had gone back to zero!

iwillsoonbeslim said:
....got the tesco one, and seems to be working just fine :)
Thought it was on the blink cos it recorded 64 calories for a tough 9+ hour hike over three Munroes. Have since realised it actually went over ten THOUSAND calories, and had gone back to zero!

Omg!! Over 10000 calories!!! Fantastic!! Well done.

If you got 10000 calories don't forget you have to take off 8 hours worth of your "normal allowance" as the 10k will be the extra activity AS WELL as the calories you normally burn. I don't know if you actually intend to eat 10k of calories :p but it is worth noting if you do any exercise that lasts longer than an hour or so.

lol - I actually had ZERO appetite over the next couple of days, and was feeling sick at the thought of food (even after buying tons of yummy goodies that would normally make me drool). It was VERY strange.
Hey ho. That was over a week ago, and I can't see me ever walking that route again, so I doubt I have to worry too much lol

Back