Do you have PCOS?

I used to have hair there too, as well as face, neck, tummy and around my nipples. After changing my diet, loosing 2 stone, exercising and taking Dianette now I only have hair on my jawline, chin and upper neck, but much much less and totally manageable. I read somewhere back when I was diagnosed that the percentage of total body weight loss is directly connected to the amount of reduction in symptoms, and I now believe it to be true. So don't despair, once you loose the weight the amount of hair left over to zap will be minimal and most of all affordable! Good luck!

So with weight loss the excess hair will just ... go? god i hope so lol! :) I'm not able to take dianette until i've lost a few stone. :(

It certainly did for me, as well as weight loss, its all about healthy lifestyle as well, eating the right things, as fresh as possible (organic if you can afford it) I try and buy at least some things organic, especially dairy because apparently its full of hormones they inject cows with, plus low fat dairy only, not eating anything that has a number in the ingredients, like most preservatives, E numbers etc, anything else that has a long life, again for the same reason its full of preservatives and other food chemicals that might be ok for "normal" :) people but for us PCOS chicks its a big no no.

I really recommend buying a book on eBay called "The Ultimate PCOS Handbook" it is a must for understanding how to turn it all around.

It really is possible, I know I managed it, and another good friend of mine did too, in fact she was the one that suggested I get tested as she had it and recognized the symptoms. She is now size 10 and a mummy, all naturally, she started with no periods at all, and seriously overweight.

Anything else I can do, just ask xx

Heyyy ladies,

I've been a previous paster here but I've not been about for a while, I also have the hair around my thighs and about my bum etc, the hair had got less when I lost some weight, but eventually the PCOS got worse again even though I am at the same weight. I've never been at a 'normal' weight so wouldn't know if this makes any difference. But good luck to all and hopefully we shall reach that goal and find out for ourselves one day :) !!!

Does anyone else here find they go to the toilet more since they've been on metformin lol? i'm hoping thats helping with my weight loss LOL. :D

hi im new here. iv had pcos since i was in my teens. my symtoms were pretty much the usual, exessive facial hair, acne, irregular periods and my weight wouldnt budge. my doc startrd me on dienette was on them for couple yrs they helped with the cycle and small amounts of weight started to come off. my facial hair and acne got me very low so my dad decided enough is enough so he paid for my 1st session of laser treatment. which of course has been amazing no words can describe the feeling. to date iv had 17 treatments which can be expensive but iv always waited for there special offers. for those of of you considering laser treatment, skin have a 30% off deal till 14th feb so take advantage of that :)

i would definately reccomend sk:n there brilliant. i also used there glycolic range for my acne it took about 4 months to clear. my only real stuggle now is losing weight. am seeing the doc on monday and hope he will prescribe me xenical.

i wish u all the best of luck xxx

I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months ago. And although it was frustrating I was also relieved to finally hear I have a name for my problem.

hi I have PCOS too since I was 19/20. My periods are weird, sometimes I go through a patch where I have them every month and then times when I don't have any for months. I have all the classic symptoms xtra facial/tummy hair, quick wight gain. I don't have a problem with following a high carb diet to loose weight, although they say to do low carb diets for people whom have pcos. I have done slimming world green days and weight watchers in the past and lost 5 stones ( but gained back 4 ) My question was, do you think I can benefit from Metformin tablets to help me loose weight quicker? I keep hearing metformin all the time and wondered if this could help me loose weight quicker??

Does anyone else here find they go to the toilet more since they've been on metformin lol? i'm hoping thats helping with my weight loss LOL. :D

I came off Metformin (and onto Dianette) because of that! Was awful. :(

I have

I have PCOS, I was diagnosed last year after 3 years of TTC. I am having regular periods now but have to take medication, the hair on the face is a pain but ive just got used to it now, I constantly have to carry tweezers around for when I discover a new hair.

I have PCOS, was diagnosed a few months ago but spironolactone didn't work for me and have been "removed" from the hospital's list because I didn't have any recent followups, so I need another referral from my GP to get back on it (ridiculous).

I find that with weightloss, some of my hair is slower to regrow (upper lip), but not all - my chin hair is actually darker and thicker. I usually wax about every 2-3 weeks and pluck my chin like every day for strays, but I'm starting IPL in a month or so for my face - can't wait! Hope it works!

Also going back to my GP soon so I can get on some other medication or at least a re-referral. Yasmin made me poorly, so maybe Dianette especially as I take the pill anyway, or Metformin.

I don't really suffer with period issues at all, just the hirsutism, relatively thin head hair, and overweightness.

Hiya everyone. I also have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. Good to see a threat about pcos on here... have noticed also that i have been getting dark hair on my lip etc and am wondring whats the best way to remove it?

Yasmin made me poorly, so maybe Dianette especially as I take the pill anyway, or Metformin.

I'd recommend Dianette personally - I've had no problems with it :)

have noticed also that i have been getting dark hair on my lip etc and am wondring whats the best way to remove it?

There's a few ideas here - http://www.minimins.com/pcos/199805-how-do-you-remove-your-unwanted-hair.html :) Personally, I use a combination of bleaching and removal cream (for my upper lip) and shaving (for my chin etc.) I wouldn't recommend shaving though! :rolleyes:

I was diagnosed with PCOS last month. I'm only 22 but glad to have found out about it well before I'd like a family, so I've got time to get it under control. I've been prescribed Metformin, to help with my weight loss. Has anyone had any success with dramatic weight loss from taking Metformin? I'm not sure if it's working for me =/

Hey,

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 (now 27)

I have been over weight my whole life and am hairy!

I am on Metformin just now to try and see if it makes a difference to my hairy face. We shall see but fingers crossed :D

Hiya everyone. I also have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. Good to see a threat about pcos on here... have noticed also that i have been getting dark hair on my lip etc and am wondring whats the best way to remove it?

I personally Wax my tip lip
Pluck my eyebrows
Shave under my chin and anywhere else on the body it pops up! :(

ladies, i've noticed a lot of you are shaving your chin area, isn't this making the hair come in really thick?
i forced my gp to refer me for laser treatment, and got it. it was successful and has changed my life, however since then (last treatment was around a year ago) since then i've had a few very fine baby type hairs and a few dark courser ones, though i wax that area and it stays very smooth.
i'd recommend waxing over shaving, i think it makes the whole area look better xx

Back