Do you plan your meals?

redmel

Dreamer
I was just wondering how you guys go about splitting your calories between meals/snacks, and do you plan exactly what you are going to eat at each for the day or week?

Also do you find sticking to 3-4 main meals a day is better than continuous snack type meals, or do you find it doesnt make any difference as long as you stick to you daily calorie allowance?

Hey mel, currently im eating special k for 2 weeks for brek and dinner then a good tea at night, but when i finish that ill be planning my meals, by week so i know wot 2 buy when i go shopping, and personally i would rather have meals than snacks, only because even if im snacking in my calories, it makes me want to binge (as snacking is my biggest problem) so i'd rather stay away from it and be full off a meal :) xx

hi, i work out my brekkie and lunch and dinner, but, i also know the i'm a bit of a grazer when it comes to eating, so do count exercise points and eat some back,:D

Thanks guys, I am just trying to think ahead really lol.... I suppose I do find it hard to plan too much as I have to eat 'what I feel like' iygwim?

Although I know if I don't plan ahead to a certain extent then I will end up just scoffing any rubbish, if I get a hungry head on me! I think I will try and loosely plan, so maybe make sure i have plenty of ingrediants in for a few varied meals and I can pick easily from those.

Hee hee - I dont really plan - although tonight I planned around .... If I have 1 glass of wine and some ww garlic bread what else can I eat - I love cc for being able to work calories around what you fancy!!

Lovehatecarbs said:
Hee hee - I dont really plan - although tonight I planned around .... If I have 1 glass of wine and some ww garlic bread what else can I eat - I love cc for being able to work calories around what you fancy!!

Exactly what I've done for tonight! Don't know wat I'm eating but have already popped a cheeky glass of vino down x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes, I plan what I'm having that day in the morning, I eat breakfast and a large lunch then cereal with a few cups of milky tea at night, the brek & cereal are always the same (things I love anyway) so all I need to do is work out how to "spend" the calories at lunch, sometimes I use them to make something I can have several plates or bowls of like a veg stew with beans and cheddar, sometimes I'll hold some so I can have some crackers with cheese later on.

Not a fan of snacking at all, I think it's counterproductive to feel your stomach must always be full, so I'll only eat something outside mealtimes when it's really called for due to exercise or whatever. The generation who had 3 square meals a day, never "grazed" and actively demonised eating in between meals, and who never used novel low-fat artificial sweetener stuff were the ones who never had the problems we had with obesity, so I try to model my eating on that a bit, though I do use low-fat cheddar: once I get to maintenance I'll switch to full-fat.

This is just my personal theory and personal plan so it may not be for everyone, I did try the "6 small meals" thing on one occasion, but it just made me obsess about food in a really bad and completely unexpected way! :eek:

Nothing tastes as good as a meal I'm actually hungry for... :cool:

YMMV. ;)

Back