Do you remember?

I love this thread!!! Im from Rastrick, in Brighouse and the band is still live and kicking today!!!!!!!!!!

Do you remember Pacers???
Pacers
Started off with a spearmint leaf motif on the wrappers as a purely white minty alternative to Opal Fruits (with lots of ice-oriented TV advertising). Then along came a name change and then the green spearmint stripe.​
The adverts for the new look Pacer featured the old trusty people in white on ice skates suddenly being hit by green, at which point their t-shirts became green and white striped.​
Tasted like a tube of Colgate toothpaste dissolved in a swimming pool.

And stripers!
Striper
Rowntree-made chewy, striped thing with a different pseudo-fruity flavour in each stripe. "Four times the flavour, four times the chew!" ran the multi-coloured wedding advert.

And do you remember the spectrum zx thingies, with jet set willy and ace games like that!!!

OMG Im so excited!!!!!!!!!

Then there was the fizzy pop bottles that you could get 10p back for a returned bottle.

Oh yes. I used to climb over the wall...nick the bottles, take them around the front for a refund...climb over the wall, nick the bottles...repeat daily:eek:

How about Sunday TV at it's best

Wake up to Disney Club, with Cartoons including Chip n Dale and also the Gummi Bears,

That passed on to Worzel Gummidge which was nearly always followed by Black Beauty.

Then would come, Starfleet, before Lost In Space or Land of The Giants........ and then your parents would insist on watching Weekend World with Brian Walden..... Then after lunch it would be a few cartoons, before the evening bought The Two Ronnies, Tenko, Thats Life and if you were really lucky you got to stay up to watch Spitting Image........

How about Sunday TV at it's best

Wake up to Disney Club, with Cartoons including Chip n Dale and also the Gummi Bears,

That passed on to Worzel Gummidge which was nearly always followed by Black Beauty.

Then would come, Starfleet, before Lost In Space or Land of The Giants........ and then your parents would insist on watching Weekend World with Brian Walden..... Then after lunch it would be a few cartoons, before the evening bought The Two Ronnies, Tenko, Thats Life and if you were really lucky you got to stay up to watch Spitting Image........

Yes, those were the days...:sigh:

I loved this ad:rolleyes:

smash3.jpg

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]A still from the Smash TV campaign of 1974 featuring laughing Martian robots. Photograph: Public domain
[/FONT]

Oh yes. I used to watch lost in space at my clarinet teachers house instead of having a lesson (cos she was a fan) :D

And the smash advert. that was cooool Don't make them like that any more :(

Ahh Miss Piggy,
glad you posted a picture of Pob coz he wasnt who I thought he was lol I was thinking of POD, do you remember him, was on at lunchtime.. think had lots of trips to the seaside if I remember rightly and there was a policeman too :D

How about Banjo Bars oh my word, delicious, they were like blue riband but on the top layer underneath the layer of choclate was chopped nuts, and later they bought out a coconut one... Came in a twin pack like twix? Oooh yum

Oh and texan bars, yep Isobel, lovely tho they bought them back out a while ago, didnt taste quite the same and much smaller too!!

Only just found this thread as well!:p

Pink panther (cartoon version), Mr Magoo....! whats the dude who went into the fancy dress shop and had a different adventure .....cant remember his name. wore a bowler hat.

Pink panther (cartoon version), Mr Magoo....! whats the dude who went into the fancy dress shop and had a different adventure .....cant remember his name. wore a bowler hat.

mr ben?

WHAT ABOUT THE JELLY SHOES AND THE PLASTIC BAGS THAT MATCHED oooops caps lock.

i used to have these but guess what when i was out yest saw the bags back in the shops OMG HOW OLD DO I FEEL

Thats him thanks Fiona...!

What about the spiders itsy and bitsy I think...!
Used to love bagpus too.

Metal Mickey tea time on a sat

Back