Do you stay on plan when your on Holidays

I have 11 lbs to get to target we are going on hols in 7 weeks id love to be at target by then but i know ill gain big time over there our friends own a cocktail bar and that 2 weeks is the only time in the year that we drink. I will gain a lot but ill get back on plan soon as i get back xxx

I have a holiday with friends in 10 weeks time, I hope to be somewhere in the low 9's by then (ambitious, I know) but imagine I will definitely gain whilst away....lot's of sangria :S and eating out everyday. I'll try to make sw friendly choices but I'm pretty sure there will be days when I cave and have a burger. At least with SW I know it's manageable and can have a fresh start once I'm back.

All_about_the_climb said:
I have a holiday with friends in 10 weeks time, I hope to be somewhere in the low 9's by then (ambitious, I know) but imagine I will definitely gain whilst away....lot's of sangria :S and eating out everyday. I'll try to make sw friendly choices but I'm pretty sure there will be days when I cave and have a burger. At least with SW I know it's manageable and can have a fresh start once I'm back.

Sangria is fab. Ah hols are for letting ur hair down. Id like to say yea ill food optimise out there but i know in my heart and soul i wont. We go to this wonderful little restaurant over there with amazing deserts they have Ferreo Rocher Ice Cream its divine. We dont have that in Ireland only the sweets. Its a real treat over there.

I go on holiday in just under 3 weeks and this has been on my mind too.

We're actually going to France, to stay with my boyfriends parents for a week. His mum is an amazing cook and she cooks everything from scratch, and I know from past experience she uses a lot of butter/cheese/olive oil etc (think she likes to try and fatten her son up since she doesn't get the chance that much) Although there's always salad or veg on the side. His dad is terrible for trying to ply us with wine as well! And I know there'll be a couple of 3 course meals out, and usually a dinner party (or barbecue depending on the weather) with a load of their friends

My plan is to use my judgement but I'm not going to syn my meals up. Things that I know are bad I'll ask for smaller portions and have extra veg or salad, and I'm definitely going to take my trainers and try to get out for plenty of walks

i think a good point has been made about accepting the fact that I probably will put some weight on while I'm there. I don't mind gaining a little bit of weight that will come off within a week or two

I normally try my best when we go away as we go to 10 to 15 music festivals a year, in our camper Friday to Monday breaks, if I went off plan every time I would never have got this far.

However this year we are not doing as many festivals and we are going on a big holiday of a lifetime to NYC, I am on plan 100% (ish!) until then.

As soon as I board the plane I am going to be off plan and then as soon as we board it to come home back on again, I know I can do it with SW and I know that whatever I gain I will get rid off, it sort of helps that home will still be a sw safe zone.

I know that some habits will have ingrained and I will probably make better choices than I would have a year ago automatically, however I am going to try everything on offer! Bagels, pastrami, pizza to Cheesecake and Rugelach, its on the list and I can't wait.

Slimming World is for life for me and I am going to live it!

Hi All

Just as an update on this one. I've just come back from holiday. A week in France to visit my boyfriend's parents (who don't understand the concept of a diet!!!) I went, knowing that I wouldn't stick to it 100% but trying to make good choices where I could. Being a guest in their house I didnt' want to be a pain in the bum, and also, I know that my boyfriends mum loves to cook for her boy when he visits as she doesn't get the opportunity very often.

The highlights(and lowlights) food wise were as follows:

first night we got there was a really heavy steak pie with loads of pastry!!! Delish but terrible for me. I had a small portion and filled up on veggies. She had been to a patisserie that morning and bought some massive eclairs and stuff, which looked gorgeous but I couldn't allow myself to have one after that pie!

One day for lunch she made us cheese salad sandwiches! I asked for no butter on my sandwich, and his mum protested and said it would be awful with no butter so we agreed that I'd just have butter on one slice of bread, and have the other dry. When the sandwich came she'd buttered both sides! Although she had bought me a fat free salad dressing to have in my sandwich instead of mayo which was good.

My boyfriend who has been really supportive with my effort to lose weight was really good, I think after the first couple of days he noticed that there wasn't much SW friendly food. His mum had planned chilli for the next night but he persuaded her to do a barbecue, which was great for me. I had one sausage and some steak and loads of salad.

Other than that the meals were a mixed bag of things which were good, and not so good. I'll admit that every day I had a couple of beers and a couple of glasses of red wine. One day they took us for a meal to a pizzaria! One night I got a bit carried away with the cheese board, after a couple of glasses of wine! I didnt succumb to the lure of the patisserie until the last day, but even then i didnt' have a whole eclair to myself I just shared Tobys.

When I came back I found it really difficult to get back on track. We'd bought plenty of wine back which I've been getting stuck into, and some more cheese. Also, my mum had a party for the jubilee and I was getting stuck into the hot dogs and pasta salads that day (and more wine)

I was pretty much dreading WI last night, but I had a gain of 2.5lbs which considering I didn't think was too bad at all!

Last edited:
2.5 gain is brill hun after holidays ill probably gain a stone in Mallorca im already dreading the weigh in after i get back and im not even gone yet xx

Interesting thread, we're off to France in August with my parents and I'm so sick of my mum already telling me that I HAVE to eat French bread and I HAVE to eat cream cakes and croissants and stuff.....I'll bloody well eat what I want to eat, not what everyone else thinks I should eat!!! It's self catering so it's my choice what I buy from the supermarkets and what I decide to cook!! Rant over lol.

I will of course have some French bread and croissants but not every day...I'll take my little book (food diary) with me and write down what I eat and make sure I've had my healthy extras, a couple of boxes of alpen light bars will probably make their way into my suitcase lol.

Im going to bring a few boxs of hifi bars on hols just to have them handy when i feel like chocolate but soon as they run out ill be eating all the wrong stuff. We are going for 2 weeks i know im going to gain a lot of weight over there but ill get straight back to it we get home on the 8th July and weigh in is the next day agggghhh it wont be good

Well I just got back from 2 weeks all inclusive in Cyprus last week and I think I have put on best part of a stone! Dreading weigh in on Thursday lol

audfen said:
I bet you had a wonderful time are the beaches nice in Cyprus xx

Fabulous in fig tree bay :)

Never been to Cyprus would love to someday. We are heading to Cala Dor in 2 weeks cant wait xx

I have just got back from a 2 week holiday with the boyfriend, as he was working- he is a truck driver we were travelling through the uk and also Europe. Eating regular sw friendly foods was not easy. I managed to put on 8 pounds, I know I was eating a lot of bread and white bread at that. I have to get it off as the jeans don't fit as well as they did! Lol

Back