Do you stop dieting when you go on holiday?

Today is day 13 on cd and so far i have stayed focused. I am hoping to stick to the diet until the summer and just be happy with whatever weight i reach. My only concern is that i am going on a girly trip with my friends on the 1st week of April to hong kong so i want to experience everything including the food. What do you all do when you go on holiday? I am afraid if i eat i end up gaining all the weight that i would have lost by then.:cry:

Hey well done too u!! But u would personally say come off the diet!! N eat healthy!! I would n if u dont trust urself u an always take along some tetras!! For breki n lunch !! N I'm sure u will be fine !! Wowwwwwwwwww honk kong u lucky woman !!! But don't dwell on it too much! Who knows by April u mite be at target !! I always keep extra week supply at home incase somewhere along the line I have a gain I can always do a solid week!! Eat healthy n u will be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Shini my weakness is carbs but i am thinking of perhaps eating what i want but keeping away from deserts and friend food. I must be the only one that didn't like the tetras lol

Why not see it as a 'after diet challenge' and look forward to it. Stick to the diet until the last minute, then enjoy your holiday by making the best food choices / healthy choices. After cambridge is finished, we are going to have to go it alone and make choices that means we don't put weight on each week. We can maybe stay the same.
Why not use this week as a test week to see if you can.

Flowery, you are so right. I know I must handle this as a lifestyle change for the better but my problem is I love food, especially unhealthy ones.

How long are you going for? Surely not long enough to erase two months of hard work! I would relax and give yourself a break, try to eat healthily and still enjoy a range of foods so that you don't feel deprived.

Don't be surprised if you -do- gain weight, particularly in water weight, and don't take too long going back on the diet when you come back from holiday - the longer you're off, the less you're going to want to come back on.

You'll be fine - remember, it's a holiday, not a time to stress! Relax and have fun and just stay utterly focused before and after and you'll be grand. Good luck :)

Back