Do you struggle with takeaway temptation ? This may help

chips with everything

Silver Member
If Takeaways are your weakness, :p I came across this healthier options advice which might help minimise the damage ! I used to ask my local takeaways to try not to make it too greasy and they were very obliging.
PIZZA – Choose thin base with healthier toppings. Swap deep pan pepperoni for thin and crispy chicken pizza and salad. Swap spicy sausage and extra cheese for tomato, mushrooms, sweetcorn or tuna.
CHINESE – Pick steamed and stir-fried dishes over crispy and fried ones. Swap fried rice for steamed rice. Swap lemon chicken or crispy duck for chicken chop suey. Swap battered sweet and sour pork for Szechuan prawns.
INDIAN – Avoid creamy, greasy dishes. Go for tomato-based sauces or grilled or tandoori dishes. Swap chicken korma and fried rice for tandoori chicken or chicken bhuna and steamed rice. Swap lamb for chicken prawn or veg and naan for chapati.
THAI – Avoid coconut creamy based curries and go for stir fried options. Swap green curry and sticky rice for chicken stir-fry and steamed rice.

and if you're making your own, don't forget my old tip (only if you like Cauliflower!) cook cauli until still quite firm then break up with the back of a fork and use as a base instead of rice. The texture is actually quite nutty and similar.

Back