Do you tell people about Exante?

The last time I did this I grew my nails long and had lots of long baths instead lol!

oh yes.. i agree, one of the best side affects are the growth and strength of my nails.. thanks to the added vitamins i think.. hehe

you are so right though, while on this diet you do realise how much of our social life revolves around eating.
in a way it is a cop out, it is nice now being invited out just for the company, to do something a little different than turning up for wine and food, then leaving. easier to talk without having to eat too hehe.
things like bowling, trips to the beach with the little ones. meeting up to chat over coffee in the day time, is so much more relaxed.

I just got slated for switching to Atkins by the same person who slated me for doing Exante. I was asked why I had given up when I was doing so well. I haven't given up, I've moved forward!

I had decided I wasnt going to tell anyone at work, apart from a friend who I have my breaks with but it didnt take long for people to notice. I had a few 'thats not good for you' comments but on the whole its been fine. Everyone is geniunely interested and amazed by my results. My Sgt took me aside last week, hed heard I wasnt eating and just having shakes/soup and was concerned but as soon as I explained to him hes been lovely too.

Yeah, it's very easy for people to stick their oar in. Why they feel the need to announce their opinions when it comes to other people's diets, I don't know. If people were so forthright when it came to other personal topics, I'd slap them.

"Ooh, I don't think that hairstyle looks very nice on you..." *SLAP*

Just keep strong and if people have something to moan about then they are either a) jealous because they want to do something about their own weight and aren't doing something about it, b) uneducated and don't really understand the programme's health benefits etc or c) simply (whether maliciously or not) don't want you to lose weight. Quite often because it will change things for *them*, not for you. You will fulfill a different role - no longer the 'fat friend/colleague' etc...

Doing something like Exante shows a strength of character that people can find intimidating. Just be true to yourself and don't let other people's opinions get in the way of doing this 'for YOU'.

I have had a few people giving me their twopence worth - although have told less people this time around because they probably find it something a little too extreme for someone my size (when I was almost 17 stone I could preach on and on about the health risks being so big, but those that didn't know me back then just see a normal 14/16 curvy girl - rather than someone on a 'journey' from morbid obesity to "normality").

So, I've kept it quieter this time around and so far it's going ok.

If people start to notice, I will probably just tell them I have been dieting - the only area it's hard to avoid going into detail is now I'm started to "date" again. All these men trying to drag me to restaurants, or buy me wine etc.... it's ever so unattractive to tell a guy you don't eat!! I think I am going to avoid men until I hit my goal! :)

Have a good Tuesday night one and all x x

Haha, exactly! It's like the devil on your shoulder "Are you suuuurrre you don't want just one ickle wickle cake?" *bats eyelashes*.

NAFF. OFF.

:D

A x

Anna Im avoiding men until I get to goal as well. Every time Ive given up on a diet its been down to a new man in my life and the result is that I weighed almost 21 stone a few months ago. This time I am determined that all of the weight is going to come off this time before I have any distractions from the opposite sex.

Jo

i know what you mean
"what your not having anything? just one bit wont hurt"
grrrrrrrrrr! The same thing happened when i lost weight last time. The same people said i shouldn't lose any more weight when I got down to 13 stone and then crowed when I fell pregnant

i like to call them 'jeerleaders' cos they go "boo hiss cha cha cha" whilst peeing on your fireworks

I started this thread partly because I didn't know whether to tell people at work what I was doing. Well, I went back to work yesterday after six weeks holiday (deep depression) and have sat at the table in our staffroom, bar in hand, two days running and no b****r has even noticed!

However, haven't told my elderly mother because my weight loss attempts are usually dissected by my mum and my aunt and compared in minute detail with my cousin's!

My problem is that my mum always gives me a "food parcel" every time I visit her, which is usually weekly. This week it was a huge home-made steak and kidney pie, a bowl of home-made pate and a carrier bag of things (all edible) she very thoughtfully bought for me, my husband and sons in Sainsburys just because she thought we would enjoy them.

She sort of freaks me out because one minute she tells me how concerned she is about my weight and the next she's shoving tasty treats in my sweaty little paws. Mothers!:)

Mothers! Mine always comments when I'm gaining 'oh what a shame, why are you gaining it' etc but having lost 3 stone and not seen her for months she never said a word! I noticed she'd lost some too so I didn't mention it either haha

Mothers! Mine always comments when I'm gaining 'oh what a shame, why are you gaining it' etc but having lost 3 stone and not seen her for months she never said a word! I noticed she'd lost some too so I didn't mention it either haha

I got as far as "and she never said a word" and I thought, that's outrageous. Then I read your last sentence and fell about!

Thanks Dietkitty that has been the highlight of my day :)

It's nice to know I'm not the only one wondering about this, so far have only told one person and I'm on day 4, so not sure how long I can go without telling another... The person I told doesn't think it's a good idea, and another friend I told said I should just cut down on food - so am going to keep it quiet as long as poss' as really can't be bothered to defend myself!!! I've never done a VLCD before have always pretty much eaten what I want whenever I want - hence my problem!!!

I've told anyone who asks or notices my weight loss! I'm such a blabber mouth! LOL! :eek:

Some people are really interested and want the name of the product etc, others say thats not good for you etc. Most know someone who lost 200 stones and put it all back on once they ate proper food again blah, blah, blah.:blahblah:

I just say it's well balanced, I am not living off 600 calories I am also living off all my fat supplies! No I'm not starving, yes they can eat around me. Yes it can get a bit boring and it's a bit miserable sometimes to not be able to go out for a meal.

BUT I like the packs and getting the weight off quickly will be worth it to me :)

I've told anyone who asks or notices my weight loss! I'm such a blabber mouth! LOL! :eek:

Some people are really interested and want the name of the product etc, others say thats not good for you etc. Most know someone who lost 200 stones and put it all back on once they ate proper food again blah, blah, blah.:blahblah:

I just say it's well balanced, I am not living off 600 calories I am also living off all my fat supplies! No I'm not starving, yes they can eat around me. Yes it can get a bit boring and it's a bit miserable sometimes to not be able to go out for a meal.

BUT I like the packs and getting the weight off quickly will be worth it to me :)

You've summed up exactly how i feel about Exante, although i'm still keeping it quiet incase i don't stick to it lol Give it another couple of weeks and i'll be telling anyone who'll listen lol

Ahh, Orlaie - not all people are mean! Some people would be supportive - I was the biggest cynic out there before I started this and did not see how it could possibly be good for you - but I am a total convert! Its not healthy being overweight & odds on if we are overweight we haven't exactly been sticking to a purely healthy diet anyway. Try to bear in mind you have chosen to follow this plan for yourself & for your own health, so what others say or think is irrelevant really as long as you are ok on the plan and it suits you. Once people see it working the ones who care for you will be happy for you - & those who don't are not worth the worry really.
Mind you - I haven't gone into all the details to my elderly parents - they would think i was going to "catch" anorexia - lol! - but they can see that I am looking healthier and a bit thinner already and are being really supportive in their own way.

Oh owup here we go I'll still stay quiet on day fifteen now & no one knows. Maybe cos all my friends are super slim gym junkies I'll stay quiet. I think I can see a difference but no one else has, well they've said nothing.
Nice to know my mother is just like all the others & does not hold back on the comments.

Back