Do you tell people your doing cambridge?

I have told everyone as well! Even told the mourners at a funeral I attended on Tuesday! I don't think they were that interested.

another 'tell everyone' person here. apart from one fairly thick woman who works in our reprographics dept, everyone's been lovely - at least to my face, which is all that matters... lots of questions, but i also did loads of research before i started, so i'm confident in being able to explain that the diet is healthy, how it works, what the long term successes are etc.

i was a size 24 before, so people were happy for me to be trying something... and once they saw it working, they can't argue with it, really.

Funnily enough, I've told quite a few people this time around. I figure it just piles on the motivation to stick with it! :D

I tell anyone who asks! MIL is 'concerned' but always used to moan about me whether large or small so I just ignore her! My mum did LL after putting on weight after having to take steroids and is very supportive, hubby and older kids are great too!

I told my boyfriend, best friend and everyone at work. If I was in a different job I probably wouldn't have told colleagues but im at work so much, and we always take residents out for dinner i couldnt get away with not doing. A few people expressed concerns but once they saw me losing and realised that I wasnt fainting they got over it! there is one lady at work though who is obsessed with my losses, she texts me every thursday asking how i did, trying to relate to me with every failed diet shes done, saying how much more willpower i have than her, etc etc, but going round behind my back saying to other staff how ill pile it all back on again, its not healthy, blah blah. By the way this woman is a size 36 and on the waiting list for a gastric bypass in may, and very much saw me as the "fat friend" at work, even though at my biggest I was a 22. Now Ive lost 4 stone she barely talks to me!

Couldn't you just do without those lovely people that only saw you as the 'fat friend'. This diet definitely shows the *****y people in life up!

X

I tell everyone because its easier than making up excuses. Also it spurs me on as they are all waiting for you to fall off the wagon! lol

Just take it that the people who don't like you doing it are the ones who have no willpower themselves (so couldn't stick to it), they are jealous (because you are making an effort to lose weight) or they have never been in the position that you are when you start the diet ( this is aimed at the skinny *****es who can eat anything and not put a lb on!)

I have to say, the jealous ones are usually the ones who always thought you would be the 'fat friend' and then they realise that they are fast on their way to being that person once you have lost all the weight, lol.

I also tell everyone because it makes it less awkward when cakes and sweets are offered round the office, they then know not to come to me with one ( Friday is always cakes and sweets day)

I tell everyone that i am on a diet and when they ask what kind i try to explain it to them. I have had a few who have said these fad diets never work and you will get what you lost back (i have lost 25 kilos 3 years ago and gained it back)

My kids know (age 7, 11 & 13) and they are very supportive. The only other person who knows is my mom who seems supportive but not sure she believes in me yet to complete my journey. I haven't told any friends but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I'm only on day 11 today. I'm a single mom so don't have a fella to worry about or possibly distract me xx

4/2/12 Starting Weight: 16st/12.5pounds

I will tell anyone that wants to know, I did LL before and hid it from everyone for ages I have just told the truth this time. It has helped a great deal as I an not trying to make up 'get out of eating' excuses when friends ask me out for meals etc,

Also I have found they have said they have more respect for me than doing a non vlcd diet as this is tougher which is nice to hear

Xxx

I find that the more people that know I'm doing this, the more determined it makes me to stick to it. I want to show both the supporters and the skeptics that I can do this.

X

Back