Do you think I'll make it in time?!

exiguous

Silver Member
Good morning all,
Hope your having a nice day, its a little rainy here but it sorta suits cause they have the heating on in work and I find it hard to stay warm when I'm dieting. Anyway there are a lot of very successful people writing on this forum its really very uplifting. I have a wedding at the end of July, and I would like to be well on my way by then. The website says that you could loose about a stone a month for women, but it seems to be faster than that?! Does anyone know? Thanks for reading this! :)

I think it really varies on your starting point hun - how big you are to begin with. Larger people can lose significant amounts really quickly - slimmer people less so - but it's all personal. I think a stone a month is underestimating - I'd say a stone and a half - maybe a little more - on average for most people. Others - feel free to correct me! x

You see I dont know, I havent done this before (just started today!) but from knowing people who have done it and from being on minimins for years I would agree with ohtobeslinky - I am definately expecting to loose 1.5 stone in my first month anyway - but do expect losses to slow down then. Im BIG though...

I understand your apprehension too, Im worrying about the same - but the wedding Im going to is on the 19th of JUNE (wish it was July or August - feel I could really be a "nice" size then) so I can only do LT for 3 weeks and then refeed for 1....

Meant to say.. the worst thing about expecting 1.5 stone per month is risking disappointment if you dont, so maybe expecting a stone would avoid this and anything else is a huge bonus - would just be afraid, if like myself, you'd loose a stone and be disappointed - which, in reality is ridiculous cos a stone loss in a month is fab... is important not to loose persepective.

With that, I have to admit that if I were to loose less than 9lbs in the first week, Ill be fed up which I KNOW is silly cos on any other diet it'd be way less (for instance, Im usually on ww and am always happy with 2lbs a week...)

I have averaged out at 1.5 stones a month. but like they said before it depends on the individual. good luck with it :) and let us know how you get on. Helen xx

If you don't reach your goal, you will definately be well on your way. There is no way to guess how long it will take you as everyones losses are different.

Good Luck
Clair x

Thanks guys thats really helpful I'm hoping to loose 3 stone on LT and then loose my last stone by healthy eating so that I have good habits. I really am a food addict and my habits are strongly ingrained! So removing the food will be a big help to me. I'll be on this all the time! Best of luck to everyone

Love and Hugs and thanks for your time

Siobh x

I agree with Clair, everybody's losses are different.

Last time on LT I lost on average 3-4lbs a week, averaging out to around a stone a month, which I was really pleased with. The first month will always be more but it does seem to even out a little with me. Some really do have big losses all the way through so we're all a little different!!

Good morning everyone! I hope your all feeling joyful today we're expecting a veritable heat wave in Ireland this weekend - that entails 20 minutes of mild sunshine and less than usual amount of cloud cover hehehehe. But in light of this (excuse the pun) I was thus inspired to hit the gym this morning. Which lead me to another question, I did something similar to LT previously and I found I got a bit of cramping in my legs especially calves. Do people find exercising on LT ok? I find in general that it really helps my moods and I know my relationship with my bf suffers a lot when I don't get enough exercise. I take it you've guessed I'm a little hyper active this morning - I'm just so excited I can't wait for my pharmacy appointment this evening to get started! Have a lovely day darlings, be thinkin' of ye!

This is the problem i had, i was expecting to lose so much more in my first week after all the success stories on here, and was very disappointed with my 5lb. But like people say everyone is different and if i lose 5lb each week thats nearly a stone and half anyway.

Back