Do you treat yourself? (non food)

A couple of my friends suggested not long ago that we should get ourselves over to the colleges etc for cheaper massages - you have just reminded me. Thanks!

I like the idea of giving a stone for a stone too. At my slimming world club our representative has this 2lb silicone thingy, when my friend lost 6lb one week it was great to just spread it across her belly and be stunned at how much weight had gone. V funny.

I have a great reward system in place. The first was thought up by my hubby - for every lb I get to buy 1 iTunes song and I get to spend £2 at my favourite shop. Also, for every complete stone I get an additional £10 for my favourite shop (e.g I'm hoping to get my 1st stone award tonight, haven't spent any of my shop money yet but if I get it I will then have £38 to spend! yeeee!)

Also, when I get to goal he will give me £400 to buy a complete new wardrobe!

AND when I'm at goal for every month I stay at goal he'll give me more clothes money as well, i can't remember off the top of my head, i think £20 a month. This is really amazing as we rarely spend money on clothes. It's crazy to think I could have a new pair of jeans or shoes or a couple of t-shirts every month for the rest of my life! Wooooow!

The other scheme I have is from my Dad. Originally when he heard hubby's plan he said he'd give me £100 for getting to goal but then he changed his mind and said that wasn't good enough and he would give me £100 for the first stone and then 'more to follow after that' (whatever that means...!). So tonight I am also hoping to get that £100 :)

I'm very spoilt. It's helping though in the harder times and Dad's money is going towards some pictures we've had done of our baby, and future money will be great for buying new clothes.

I think treats are a really integral part of dieting because we are probably used to treating ourselves to food and that treat has to be replaced. I know I have used food as a reward or pick me up many times in my life. Like getting M&S vouchers as presents and spending some of it on food whereas other people would buy clothes with it....

Emerald
X

This will sound corny as anything but I'm so happy just losing weight at the moment that it's rewarding enough. I'll probably have to buy some new clothes when these start getting too baggy but I don't really enjoy that, I'd rather have a trolley dash in HMV :)

I totally agree. My weakness is dvds. Don't get me wrong... I like clothes its just at the moment I prefer to shop when I don't need anything - when I need something I just get depressed at how much stuff doesn't fit.

I am looking forward to being a size 16 again!!

Just today I spend about £80 pampering myself :) Mainly clothes and some jewellery (£1 per piece of jewerelly in the H&M sale I went crazy! Lol)
So yes I think it helps with motivation if you feel sexy.
The clothes I was wearing were the old inbetween size ones from the time I was trying to lose weight from my first baby (now 4!) so it had to be done).
Do feel great now though :)

I like the £7 for every half stone idea, I might do that :) Now what can I spend £7 on......

Back