Do you treat yourself weigh in night?

I stay to image therapy and then go home and have a treat. This week I had a dominos - it was lovely.

I'm trying to lose weight, yes, but I'm not depriving myself and my husband of things that we like. If I keep saying no it's more like a diet which will make it more difficult.

Yes I might only be losing 1lb per week and if I ditched my treat I could lose 2lb but who cares? I'm happy, I'm losing and I'm certainly not going to feel guilty about it.

I stay to image therapy and then go home and have a treat. This week I had a dominos - it was lovely.

I'm trying to lose weight, yes, but I'm not depriving myself and my husband of things that we like. If I keep saying no it's more like a diet which will make it more difficult.

Yes I might only be losing 1lb per week and if I ditched my treat I could lose 2lb but who cares? I'm happy, I'm losing and I'm certainly not going to feel guilty about it.

If you are happy doing it that way and still losing thats great!

I have been having treat meals after weigh-in evening and then eating lower syns for the 3 days following, however I am finding it harder to stick to plan after a treat now that the initial novelty has worn off, so I think I'm going to have to stop doing "treats"! I don't think it's workable for me as a long-term eating plan anyway :(

At the minute we are planning date nights/cheeky Saturday diner breakfasts in advance, and an average of two per month at the most. This is helping me stay on track much more effectively as I have something to look forward to as a planned deviation from food optimising (flexisynnning I guess, although I only heard that term for the first time today).

Whatever works though, hey! Everyone is different, and I definitely need more self-discipline where my eating and weight is concerned.

I'm doing it at home this time but when I used to go to group I'd either come away feeling really motivated (a loss week) and so didn't do it or really guilty (a gain week) so didn't do it then either. However I do tend to have one day a week where I go off plan because of social occassions.

CraigA said:
I probably eat less on weigh in day then any other. Im not going to rant about this to much but i have overheard people saying that they have a treat night after weigh in and then the next week they have put weight on, then get more p$%&ed off and do the same thing again next week. To me its makes no sense you pay £4.95 a week, weigh in, buy a take away or some other crap which has cost you more money then do the same again the week after. So lets say its takes you a year to get to target which is 52 weigh ins and you put weight on for 15 of those weigh ins which in turn will each take another week to pull back around so thats 30 weeks you have payed your £4.95 which is £148.50 plus the amount of a take away etc which lets say could be another £75-£125 dependant on what you have. Surely people would be better off sticking to plan or having a treat thats on plan and using that £250+ to treat your self to something alot better (new clothes, weekend away,etc)

I would have a guess that it would probably be more than 52 weeks to get to target for alot of people to.

Rant over haha.

So true!! I have a treat in my syns of a curly wurly or similar so not a treat still on plan .. Any home cooked food is better than take away inc curry .. I do a very similar chicken dish with sw BBQ sauce

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If u want a treat keep ur syns till after Wi have them nothing extra

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
I save syns during the week for a night out but it isn't often we go :) I never treat myself after weigh in and never eat chocolate treats as part of my syns. If I did I would end up eating more than I should

I did SW 2 years ago and lost 1.5st, the first 6 weeks i didn't have any sort of treat after WI, it wasn't until they had a discussion about it in group that the idea even entered my head! I thought it was a marvellous idea so started to get a 7" pizza and chips each Weds night, i did notice my losses slow down and i stopped going a few weeks later (i can't remember if this was part of the reason!)

Anyway, i'm not against it, i loved it and looked forward to it so much but whilst my motivation is so high at the minute i'm staying well away...it may be something i think about once at target.

I know this is an old post but I was interested to know if other people did the same. I am tring to get out of the habit of 'treat night', i used to get pizza, wine and ice cream after weigh in :eek:, but i'd still had losses provided I got back on track with the plan form the Friday. Now I still have the wine, but make healthier tea choices (although still probably very high in syns) and use it as my flexi day for the week.

I know when trying to lose weight you shouldn't reward yourself with food as it defeats the object, but hey, i joined a sliming club, i clearly have issues!:silly:

Anyway, i am currently aiming to wean myself off it and have on-plan food, I feel it will be a struggle so if you never hear from me again it's because i've probably gone mad and eaten my own hands out of frustration!! :8855:

Lol i can't imagine hands tasting too good! I dont currently treat myself after wi- I think if id had a good loss, id want to keep it that way, or if id had a gain id be too annoyed at myself to contemplate it!
At the moment I I dont feel deprived and am still managing the odd treat- curly wurlys this week!- and the weight is coming off steadily.
Have you tried any of the "fakeaway" recipes? Might feel a bit more indulgent but you'd still be on plan? I hear the KFC is delicious but not tried it yet!
Rosie x

After my WI on a Monday morning I always go shopping for the week's food and I make a point of buying myself one small thing (i.e. a chocolate bar or a biscuit (not a pack) or some other small treat). This keeps me sane and stops me from wanting to deviate during the week as I look forward to it. Recently, I've been shopping at Sainsburys as their low fat stuff is generally more widely available than at my local Asda and I've been going to their bakery and buying one pink pig lolly (a thin shortbread type biscuit covered in a thin layer of icing like a pig's face). That's my WI reward/treat and I look forward to Mondays so much!

I'll be trying not to treat myself to food on weight in days, I've already lost 7lbs, I can't keep losing weight and putting it back on I'm sick of it! I'll treat myself to non food treats otherwise once I start, I can't stop and the treat goes on for days!

My problem is it's not a little treat, more a full on binge! So I have a plan already in place for after my WI on Thursday, I already feel good just for planning for it. Just have to wait and see if I pass the test o_O

I used to and it got out of hand lol not that it had any effect on my losses. But this time my WI day is on a Friday so I'm allowing myself a takeaway on a Friday (up to 20 syns) so it's a treat but only 100 calories over my daily syns :)

We always have treat tea after weigh-in or a naughty little snack, like crisps or Ben and Jerry's. But the rule is I have to have had a loss at the scales or no treat. I know one of the other women in group does this with a bar of chocolate but only if she has a loss. I find it helps to keep me motivated

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Maybe i'm strange but i do the opposite. I don't eat tea until after i have gone to SW and when i come home i'm extra motivated so i either rustle up something new and heavily superfree or just snack on fruit.

Weigh-in day tends to be the lowest synned day of the week for me.

Some of the people in my group think that WI night is a carte-blanche for a blowout and not counting the Syns however I think that if you save your Syns for a post-WI treat, that is fine so long as you stick close to the plan.
My group leader states that if you predict that you may have a syn-heavy night and do, you can eat SS foods and help your body to metabolise it as best you can.

I never really have a treat on my WI day, I'm usually so happy if I've lost something that it doesn't cross my mind lol

Last edited:
I used to have a bit of a blow out after my WI when I first started SW, but over the months my appetite and tastes have changed, and I no longer do, not through effort but because I simply don't feel like it. My WI day is as good (or bad ;)) as all the rest of my week.

Back