Do you use all 15 syns?

krupskaya

Gold Member
Do you use all your 15 syns a day, or weekly the same equivalent? My consultant said we should use 10 in case we're unwittingly going over. I've had two bad days but if I take into account the allowance of 15 a day it all evens out. Usually I use 5-9 syns a day. Worried now I'm heading for a big gain on thursday. What do you do? X

i do use all of mine and sometimes probably some of yours lol

I use my 15 syns every day. I usually have a choc bar of some sort - flake, small milky way - and then have salad cream on my dinner or use a syned ingredient while cooking like pesto for a chicken pasta dish.

Today I have had a slice of white toast and butter for brekkie and will have a yorkshire pud with my Sunday roast.

15 syns isn't much and so I like to try and spend it wisely.

I pretty much stick to the 15 a day; I mainly work with weekly syns, so I don't mind so much if I use 10 one day, and 20 the next.. Works good for me! xxx

Many thanks all you lovely Laydeez - it has given me hope. I cling to the fact that a blow out on syns (within weekly allowance) is shaking things up a bit re the metabolism as the body is not sure what's hit it lol! Just hope I don't gain on thursday but have dusted off and put back on my halo :innocent0002: ...X

My consultant told me that it's better to aim for 10 syns a day when doing EE, and 15 when doing red or green - dunno why though because I never asked. I just presumed it was the same sort of scenario as it is with the one less HEXA and B.

So I allow myself 10 per day, but rarley go over 5 or 6.........unless a vodka bath in on the cards! :8855:

I tend to stick to 10 or under a day , but this is because I was on a total food replacement diet prior to SW and my metabolism has slowed , meaning I find it harder to loose and gain at the slightest little naughty ..... I would say you should still loose , as you are aloud 15 :)

As i'm a larger lady (not for long!) i'm allowed a lovely 20 syns a day, but rarely get above 10 as there are so many sny-free meals available

I allow myself a maximum of 10, but during the week I barely use 3-5, so if I hit 15 at the weekend it's ok! I think it's all about trial and error to see what works for each person. There's a lady in my group who starts the week with 70 and just ticks them off as she goes along, but I did that one week and even though I didn't use them all I STS! Hope you find what works best for you! xxx

I tend to not use many during the week so that i can have a glass of wine or two over the weekend.

I try to aim for 10 a day but find it really difficult sometimes. I need to get more 'treat' type things in so it's easier to include them.

Oh if only I found it hard to use up all my syns lol! TBH I was going swimmingly till this week after a month of 100%. I reasoned to myself that SW is an eating plan for life and I figured that I'm not gonna go the rest of my life without chocolate or crisps so had a small packet of chocolate wafers, a cup of mocha (with skimmed milk) and a bag of crisps. And then yesterday I went a bit mad. I've counted the syns and it's 24.5 and 25 respectively. Just gonna pull back now till WI on thursday. At this rate I'll be glad to have STS!

90% of the time I have 15 syns. I allow myself 15 for the day, as I am not the sort person who could manage allowing 105 in total for the week and using what I want when I want. As I would blow the whole 105 syns on the first day. I need to have restrictions and rules because ambigurity messes me up big time! My OH has come up with a good idea - synfree year and celebrate New Years Eve with 5,475 syns :D

I love what your OH said - it could work lol! :party0019:

I tend to count my syns each day so I don't go too crazy in any day but to avoid beating myself up over a bad day I also keep a running total for the week - 15 per day, 105 per week.

I always end the week well within my limit...only been back on it for three weeks so far this time but SW has always worked better than any other diet for me so fingers crossed x

90% of the time I have 15 syns. I allow myself 15 for the day, as I am not the sort person who could manage allowing 105 in total for the week and using what I want when I want. As I would blow the whole 105 syns on the first day. I need to have restrictions and rules because ambigurity messes me up big time! My OH has come up with a good idea - synfree year and celebrate New Years Eve with 5,475 syns :D

I love your OH's thinking! :D Although I think I might have had my 5,475 syns on Saturday night, hmmmm! :sigh:

I do tend to have 15 syns a day on average over the week. Sometimes I have less than the 105, sometimes (like this week) I have a few more :eek: I'm sure it must even out somewhere along the line! :8855: xxx

I know Im allowed 15 but I dont make it a mission to eat them just coz they're there, some days Im under and it doesnt bother me, but today I had 1 syn so for the first time in 2 weeks I bought a flake!

Ooo get me, IM MENTAL, lol. :D

Back