Do you use protein powders?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I've been finding some great recipes that include protein powders (I try to keep my protein up so they help) like banana bread, muffins etc. which are low calorie but a great way to bump up protein.

The problem I have is that I currently have a 1kg bag of strawberry whey protein powder that I've only just got and that already lasts me a long time. I want some other flavours like banana, vanilla, chocolate for those recipes but I can't afford to buy another 1kg of each and to be honest, it's pointless as it lasts me quite a while.

So I had an idea but I don't know if anyone would be interested. I was wondering if maybe anyone else might be interested in getting a bag each (different flavour), keeping half (can get a plastic container to keep it in for just £1) and then posting the other half to each other? That way, you're paying the same amount (I pay £12.49 a kg) plus a little for postage and then getting half and half of two different flavours.

Just a thought! If you are interested, let me know.

Hello! Only just saw this. Have you seen myprotein.com? They do small sachets of powder in loads of different flavours. If you're just experimenting with recipes maybe a few of those might help?

I have lots of sachets with different flavours, but for baking I still prefer things like chocolate, vanilla, natural (not flavoured).
Looking for nice recipes myself that are compatible with weight watchers.
I'm thinking of experimenting with whey, making a low calorie fudge with stevia, evaporated milk (diet/light) and unsweetened chocolate and maybe a wee bit of peanutbutter.

Hi, I use protein powders for a quick meal (like brekkie on a work morning if I am running late) or to add to porridge but I havent dabbled cooking with it yet.

Just a small suggestion, next time you buy from myprotein why not buy a pouch of unflavoured powder and add flavouring like these...

Flavdrops Liquid Flavouring from Myprotein

or these...

Preema Concentrated Food Flavouring from Swedish Connections

I think I may do this next time to have more variety, like you say the powder lasts so long. I think you may find postage costs quite high for sending protein, unless you could find someone local to you to share.Maybe ask around at the gym or work?

BK

go for a whey isolate (high protein low fat, low carb) ignore the amount they tell you to take and work it out for your bodyweight instead using online calc for protein. prob spend £15 per kg. that should last 3 weeks ish.

drink more water tho - kidney works bit harder

plan b - make your own.
200g fat free cottage cheese
1 fat free yoghurt
200ml skimmed milk
A few strawberries, banana or berries or something for extra flavour

thats poss 40g protein, little fat as well.

Back