Do you use sweetener or drink diet drinks regularly? READ THIS

Generally I have a can of pepsi max everyday and I have Mullers once in a while. Never had any side effects and doubt i'll change it as I don't have excessive amounts. I don't like tea or coffee etc so no sweetener there for me!

theres so much your not meant to eat where always been scared about one thing white bread red meat etc etc etc ive always drank diet fizzy pop and still will if i listened to every thing thats bad for you id be a nervous wreck

Our consultant was talking about this today, she said its more unhealthy to be overweight from masses of sugar than ingesting a small amount of asparatame of which we are only having a tiny bit, put my mind at ease

Our consultant was talking about this today, she said its more unhealthy to be overweight from masses of sugar than ingesting a small amount of asparatame of which we are only having a tiny bit, put my mind at ease

This does assume that someone is only having aspartame in moderation, which bluntly, a lot of people aren't who follow SW.

There are people who put canderel in their tea or coffee, have no added sugar squash, or diet coke all day. Plus a few mullerlights to keep them going. Then an options in the evening.

Surely it would be better to use a smaller amount of sugar & syn it than eat & drink all this?

This does assume that someone is only having aspartame in moderation, which bluntly, a lot of people aren't who follow SW.

There are people who put canderel in their tea or coffee, have no added sugar squash, or diet coke all day. Plus a few mullerlights to keep them going. Then an options in the evening.

Surely it would be better to use a smaller amount of sugar & syn it than eat & drink all this?

Personally i think so! I dont drink tea coffee apart from green tea, i very rarely drink fizzy stuff! The only thing i have regularly is mullerlight. But in the morning i prefer to have sugar and syn it then use sweetener and keep it free and tbh the main reason is cos i hate the taste of sweetener! But in all fairness i have sweetener that has lucrose and not aspartame.

Personally i think so! I dont drink tea coffee apart from green tea, i very rarely drink fizzy stuff! The only thing i have regularly is mullerlight. But in the morning i prefer to have sugar and syn it then use sweetener and keep it free and tbh the main reason is cos i hate the taste of sweetener! But in all fairness i have sweetener that has lucrose and not aspartame.

Yeah I try to avoid it as much as I can as well. I would prefer to sweeten with fruit or honey or just go without.

But it's all down to choice I guess. I'd rather not have any spread on toast than have the low fat stuff, but equally I wouldn't dream of using syns on actual oil & will use fry light for everything.

Fair point. I was worrying a bit as I have sweetener on my cereal and eat muller yogurts and have sweeteners in my tea. But then I think if it was that bad it would be off the market because so many people use it as an alternative now a days. Personal choice I suppose. I have to be in dire pain before ill turn to medication where as other will pop em like sweets...

Back