Do you weigh yourself everyday?

Nina41

Should we?

I did on attack but not since on cruise!!! Tomorrow I am going to though which will be my 5th day on cruise!!

I do and have done for years. During the diet I found it really important to step on the scales to see things happening (or not). The only time I have not weighed myself daily I found I gave myself permission to not be responsible for my weight! Bad plan. However, other people find that weighing themselves every day to be a bad thing so you have to do what is right for you.

So I weigh every day but I have Thursday as my official weigh in day for that week. So far I have sts for a few weeks now and feel stable.

I can't weigh myself everyday as no scales in this house ;) have to wait until I'm back home at weekends

i weigh myself every morning, but have mondays as my official weigh-in day.

I find it easier to rectify if the scales are heading in the wrong direction for a couple of days.
If i left it for a week I'd be so depressed!

Yes - its part of my commitment to staying this weight for the rest of my life. As soon as the scales rise above a certain point, I know I will have to cut back on the carbs again. So far it's working.

I weigh myself twice a week now - before the diet i weighed myself obsessively every day. Twice a week is good as I see the changes more than if I weigh myself every day - i get too obsessive if i keep seeing the scales! X

I do.. I tried not to but really can't resist:)
I have a chart and record every day.. The mornings I see no loss or increase is still hard though.. I wish I could do it once a week..

I do except after gala meals :)

I look forward to Sunday mornings - 10 weeks and its been a loss each time :) I know I wouldnt want to see gains or sts

Yes, I weigh myself every morning without fail, though Tuesday is my official weigh in. I'm trying to get myself over my scale phobia!

I didn't weigh for a few days after the blow out at Friday's wedding but that was because I knew I had done badly and would have gained. But mostly I weigh every morning because if I have put on even a tiny bit of a pound I can work on getting it off that day instead of letting myself gain a few pounds and have to struggle to get it off again! *if that makes sense*

I am going to be the lone voice that says that weighing every day can be counter productive if you allow that day's weight to impact on your mood. So many things can impact on daily weight. If you're dispassionate and rational and can recognise that it's just THAT day; all good - but if you tend to be a bit of a dramaqueen and focus on the negative, then I'd stick to once a week.

I do and have done for years. During the diet I found it really important to step on the scales to see things happening (or not). The only time I have not weighed myself daily I found I gave myself permission to not be responsible for my weight! Bad plan.

That's exactly how I feel! Weigh myself every single morning and plan to always do that. Also, I find that if I stick to a diet all week and weigh at the end of it only to find I haven't lost (or even gained :eek:) the shock causes me to blow the diet.

Weighing every day means I can see whether I am going to lose that week, and although I still feel disappointed if I sts it doesn't come as a complete shock. I can deal with it and am more determined than ever to lose the following week.

once a week for me - I sometimes weigh myself midweek if I've been naughty but it doesn't bother me if I've stalled or put a pound on because each week it has been an overall loss apart from when I went away

I would not do it if I had transit issues or if I felt gassy. Other than that I did do it every morning.

Back