Do you..

Sorry Katie! In response to your original question: I tend to plan about a week at a time so I know what I'm buying at the supermarket. I would definitely plan a day ahead just so I knew I had enough for dinner!

My old leader suggested tracking 6pm to 6pm (or thereabouts) so you can have your dinner and then whatever's left the next day is for breakfast and lunch which are a bit easier to have lower pp. It worked really well for me and it's especially good if you tend to snack in the evenings!

Sorry Katie! In response to your original question: I tend to plan about a week at a time so I know what I'm buying at the supermarket. I would definitely plan a day ahead just so I knew I had enough for dinner!

My old leader suggested tracking 6pm to 6pm (or thereabouts) so you can have your dinner and then whatever's left the next day is for breakfast and lunch which are a bit easier to have lower pp. It worked really well for me and it's especially good if you tend to snack in the evenings!

I was also told this, a couple ladies at my class do this and lose better this way :)

My consultant told me to try not to have more than my 5 fruit or veg, that's its zero points but not unlimited. Not sure if all consultants say that? But I found using the fruit as my breakfast and morning snacks and the last bit with my lunch gets it out the way and it fills me up better, where as I used to think I'll save my veg for tea to bulk it out as I never had many points left and I'd think oh well I'll snack on fruit after my tea but it never worked out like that, now that I eat it first my points last longer into the day xx

Fruit & veg is unlimited..it is built into the plan. The only things I would limit is peas, potatoes, sweet pots and parsnip as they do have a point value. Personally I wont eat more than 1 banana a day though because of the potassium content. I eat loads of fresh fruit and veg, and the weight has dropped off every week. What an odd thing for your leader to say.

The way I look at it is it is not fresh fruit and veg that contributed to me needing to loose weight, but rather the curry's, beer and chocolate :)

Thanks I've just text my consultant asking why she advised I not go over 5 fruit and veg when all other info etc indicates they are unlimited. I think though I'll treat it as unlimited for now. There's only so much fruit and veg I myself can physically eat in one day so I don't think it'd do any harm x

That sounds a really good idea! What never have thought of that!

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed. I went on a hen do so I haven't been that good but any loss would be nice!

Yeah I was a bit surprised, I assume its because although its zero points its still got a calorie value but I've been having 5/6 potions of fruit, plus salad most days.
On a Sunday I fill up with fruit for breakfast because we have Sunday dinner at mother in laws at 2.30 and there we have 5-6 veg on our plate, it'd be 8 but I don't like sprouts or peas. I think if I start to slow down on the weight loss I'll swap more fruit for veg x

I just saw this in the ww magazine and thought of you! Enjoy those 0pp fruit and veg!! (sorry, can't work out how to flip it round!)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130219_212423.png
    ForumRunner_20130219_212423.png
    652.8 KB · Views: 52
hi hun i no im a little late in joinin this, but i plan backwards :)
i will plan my dinner lunch and then breakfast every morning and then what ever is left i use for snacks (i mean im on loads more points that u) but i find it easier like that!
some days it doesnt always happen if i dint plan i wouldnt stick to it i find when i have written it down i follow it!
xxxxxx

My consultant told me to try not to have more than my 5 fruit or veg, that's its zero points but not unlimited. Not sure if all consultants say that? But I found using the fruit as my breakfast and morning snacks and the last bit with my lunch gets it out the way and it fills me up better, where as I used to think I'll save my veg for tea to bulk it out as I never had many points left and I'd think oh well I'll snack on fruit after my tea but it never worked out like that, now that I eat it first my points last longer into the day xx
Don,t know if its coincidence,but my consultant said more or less the same thing last week-I think its probably directed more at people that eat a punnet of grapes and several bananas in every day then wonder why their losses slow down.I think this is espacially true when you get within a stone or two of target.As someone on the Atkins website said 'fruit is just sugar with good PR!' I dont think you can eat too much veg though (unless its peas or sweetcorn) from a weightloss point of view anyway-not so sure about the-ahem-other side effects! Lol!
Sal x

My old class leader said if you have a few bits of fruit a day it's free, but if you ate a whole fruit bowl every day it wouldn't be free as then you'd be eating a lot of sugar x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Exactly hun! I think if you had 9 pieces of fruit as someone said is recommended in Europe it would be seriously fruit bowl status! Lol! I think half fruit half veg is the way to go!(Easier said than done though!)
Sal x
Sal x

Oh I see. Thanks for the last few comments too its great to get everyone's views and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been told that. I'm goin to see how I do this week don't seem to be doing great, think I'm heading for a sts but we'll see x

Oh I see. Thanks for the last few comments too its great to get everyone's views and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been told that. I'm goin to see how I do this week don't seem to be doing great, think I'm heading for a sts but we'll see x

Some weeks a sts is as good as a loss! Good luck hun!
Sal x

Back