Dobbie's new leaf

Dobbie

I will get to goal .....
Morning Guys,

Right, I'm afraid I have a mahoooooooosive confession :wave_cry:. Been struggling for the last week and a bit since my 3lb gain :mad::mad::mad:. Been having the odd nibble here and there and didn't think it was hurting :break_diet:.

Anyways, had my weigh in last night and only lost officially 1.4lbs of my 3lb gain . I'm really cross with myself and I know the 3lb gain was water retention from my TOTM and should easily have been off (and maybe some more to boot) and to make matters worse Saturday morning I hopped on the scales and saw 9st 11lb and now I am back to 10st :confused:. IT'S SOOOO FRUSTRATING AND I'M STUCK IN A VICIOUS CIRCLE - I NIBBLE BECAUSE THE SCALES DON'T MOVE THEN I GAIN/STS BECAUSE I HAVE NIBBLED :cry:.

So, in order to redeem myself :innocent0002: and in the hope that I have some kind of chance of fitting into that flippin dress suit I want to wear for Wentworth on 10th November I am today back to day 1. Will SS for as long as I can before moving up the plans and I WILL be in my size 8 skinny jeans for Crimbo.

Ticker reset as 10st start weight and losses/gains to date deleted from my signature. Seeing them all the time is just not helping.

Thanks for listening. I feel much better for 'fessing up and very positive for the day ahead. Here's to 10 pints of water today :D

Join Mochaj and me hun!
Woooo, you sound serious this time (tis even a little scary!).
Good luck little miss, you can do it!!!

Love Leah xxx

Thanks babes!! I am soooo serious - like even starting to poop my pants a bit :eek:!!

I guess I just took it for granted that the weight would come off - but it doesn't if you cheat (even if it's only a little cheat). So from now on it's all or nothing - by the book or not at all :eek::eek::eek:.

On a better note I am still 9lbs down so it's not all bad ;), just not where I wanted to be by now :mad:. Can't blame anyone other than myself thou.

I was thinking the same! I can't really afford to waste the money on the sachets if i'm not going to stick to it.
I keep telling myself that it isnt fair on Oli (my OH) if i continue cheating cos it's his money too. A good guilt trip always works on me!

You'll do it, i have EVERY faith in you xxx

Oh yes .... we can do it!!!

And .... I will be updating my ticker as the weight comes off - going by my scales. If I see it moving a little bit each day i will be far more motivated than waiting a full week for my CDC WI results.

You CAN do this Hun. We'll do this together - no cheating cos it's not worth it. This blip has taught us that much!! Off to glug some water Vxx

You can do this!

We're all cheering you on!

Dobbie--put those scales away! They lie!

Put them in a lockable cupboard and give the key to someone who'll only let you have it once a week!

Blooming marvy advice! I'm determined not to weigh this week. It makes me think "hey, ive lost 7lbs, this chicken is a treat"
Where as i should be thinking "noooo chicken, you are evil!"

y'know, i think after i finish maintenece i may go back to being a veggie. Was a veggie for years when i was young, and still only eat free range chicken/fish. Hmmm, worth some thought me thinks :)

Hi Dobbie,

You still have 9lbs off which is very good and you have stopped the land slide which so easily can happen and have taken control.

As for the scales moving every day...they don't!

I find they can stay exactly the same for two days in a row, I find it almost unbelievable. For I could of drank more water or walked less or more...yet the scales measure me out like an ingredient for a cake mix.:p

One thing is for sure they do move down eventually when on the diet.:)

Good luck with your fresh start.

Love Mini xxx

Aww thanks you guys!!

Maybe I'll only check progress every couple of days then :rolleyes: don;t want to start each day on a downer if they haven't moved do i! Just not sure I can make a whole week to see a result. You guys are great, thank you for the advice :D

Hi Dobbie....come on Hun...don't beat yourself up over it, otherwise it will result in eating again.
You sound really positive which is fantastic and if you stick to SS'ing properly, you will reach that goal before you know it and be a size 10 skinny jeans for Christmas!!!
Get that day 1 target over and done with and before you know it you will have reached Day 7 and so on!!!

Everyone seems to have a blip now and then (myself included) and the most important thing is to get back on the wagon and keep going - so, you had a few days of weakness, but it won't happen again!
Come on here if things get really stressful, we are all here for you!

Kerry-Ann

xxxx

well done dobbie!! I wish i had been half as strong as you and stopped my landslide before it started and i fell off the bl**dy mountain all together!!
I got weighed yesterday and today is day 1 on SS for me too. I love your mini targets, just getting through day 1 is an achievment and i'm with you all the way! You should be so chuffed you were strong enough to stop and get a grip! I had a 2 weeks holiday that turned into 6 weeks and am paying for it now! Good luck today hun, we're all with you! xxx

well done for climbing back on the wagon Dobbie. :D You CAN do this - just stop hopping on the scales and getting fed up because they fluctuate so much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I stopped scale hopping because my brain couldn't cope with it, I would just use it as yet another excuse to stuff my face, either as reward because they went down, or for comfort because they went up!

I'm now a rigid once a week weigher and it works for me. I know I'm going to be lighter at the end of the week and that motivates me far more than leaping on every day. Everyone is different though and I hope you can find something that works for you. How about hanging those skinny jeans in your room and looking at them every time you want to eat. Just remember - a moment on the lips means no skinny jeans on your hips ;)

xxx

You'll do fine Dobbie, you've stopped the picking and restarted before it got too out of hand. We all have blips but at least you've got your mind back in the right place again.

I also removed my losses yesterday from sig as I realised when I came on and noticed what Id lost I would almost try and convince myself that eating something wouldnt hurt, Argh! lol ... so mines gone too and Im just keeping my ticker which I will update once a month after I get weighed.

You will be in those skinny jeans!!

You guys are soo right .... I just need to get a grip and take it as baby steps. Hour by hour!! See, I've already made it lunchtime without messing up - just the afternoon to contend with and it'll be end of day 1 and I can tick off my first goal!!

I am sooo gonna do this! My ass will be in them jeans - very soon ;). Thank you soo much for all your kind replies! You guys rock XX

i worked out its only 15 hrs to get through ( a bit desperate i know but needs must!) 7am to 10pm and I'm a third of the day through already! we can do this! Roll on 5pm, we're be two thirds through by then!! LOL :)

C'mon Maz - we will make it through today no problem!! And once we have tomorrow will be easy because we did the hard bit today! Then once we have done 2 days the K fairy won't be far away and we'll be well on our way!

Day 1 and 2 are the hardest for me :( I've also got laringytis so feel really pants! I've been sick again this morning becasue i'm taking tablets on an empty stomach but i really don't want to eat! i really fancy some toast but i can't have any :( need to get through today.

Sometimes hun it's a case of mind over matter! You will get through today and tomorrow - you just need to believe that you will ;) and tell yourself you want this more than you want to eat!

Back