Doc on a Diet!

Ok well now I'm officially hacked off. I know I've not been an angel all week but I've hardly been dreadful. I certainly don't think I deserved...

a 1.5lb gain!!

So ridiculous I am now weighing in ad heavier than when I started 2 weeks ago!! Could cry. Text me mum who is always supportive, she thinks on probably still adjusting to post Exante and it will work out in the long run.

But 2 weeks later, £20 to SW and a ridiculous amount of money on fruit n veg and healthy food and I'm EVEN HEAVIER!!!

Couldn't face staying at the meeting so whimpered home with my tail between my legs and some serious thinking to do...

:(

L x

Oh no :( That's really rough!! I do agree with your Mum that it might take a bit of time to adjust. But it's so frustrating and disheartening.x

Oh no. Yes your body may still be adjusting. I know it's disheartening, I would feel the same. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

I think it will start show soon. Keep going!

Well I will admit I am struggling today, "what's the point?!?" Is going round and round in my head. Why should I bother trying so hard when it doesn't actually amount to weight loss?!?

So shamefully I have had a binge. Not much bad food in house donors been laughing cow light cheese on toast, 4 hi fi bars and a 2 finger kitkat. I've always been a binger, that's how I got up to my highest ever weight of 17st 1lbs in Feb 2011. I don't want to go back there. In fairness looking at that binge in comparison to old habits its not that much but when I think about how good I've been and gained a net of 0.5lb in 2 weeks I am worried what effect that will have.

Stopped now, drawn a line under it and going to try my hardest to start afresh.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me :(

L x

Oh no, sorry you had a bad day. Glad you've drawn a line underneath it!

It is hard... And I think everyone questions it as it does seem sometimes that there is no point.

But there is point in it, it's just going to take longer to see the point lol if that makes sense.

Hope you've had a good weekend :)

Hey Laura hows it going?

The smash pizza sounds interesting, ive made the mushy pea curry to day it was really good, deffo worth a try you can make a batch of it a put it in the freezer to those times when you need something quick.

Take care and keep on, ive just come off the Dukan Diet and for the first few weeks i though it wasnt going to work, but i guess its just been a period of adjustment, i got slimmer of the week last week so i felt a bit better. Keep going with it and try to plan your days. Cx

Hey Laura hows it going?

The smash pizza sounds interesting, ive made the mushy pea curry to day it was really good, deffo worth a try you can make a batch of it a put it in the freezer to those times when you need something quick.

Take care and keep on, ive just come off the Dukan Diet and for the first few weeks i though it wasnt going to work, but i guess its just been a period of adjustment, i got slimmer of the week last week so i felt a bit better. Keep going with it and try to plan your days. Cx

I have come from dukan, had a sneaky peak at Scales and it says +2lb :( I was Abit naughty but not.gy 2lbs! Hoping it's also adjustment from dukan.

Hope Ur doing ok Laura. I do shift work and im not great at batch cooking or food planning so it's a struggle!

Xx

Hi all!

Well after my mortifying 1.5lbs GAIN a week and a half ago, I have to admit I've been off the rails a bit. I did a weekend of night shifts and just thought "I was so good and I still gained weight, s0d it I'm going to eat whatever the heck I want". So I had a week off plan. Woke up on Thursday back in the zone, so far I've stuck to it 100% with minimal Syns, about 5 yesterday and similar today so I'm feeling good. Made a SW Korma from a recipe I found on here last night, it was yum!!

Sooo hopefully I will have a loss at next WI on Weds. Haven't weighed myself since *that* night so probably put on a few more lbs (!) but I think another WI will just upset me.

Hope everybody's sticking to plan more successfully than me!!

L x

Ok so today I am back on the wagon 100% and its going well despite a long busy day at work!

SW Carbonara for tea, yum yum!

Might have a 2-finger kit Kat later.... Oooh!!!

Still, this healthy eating lark is blooming expensive... £75 at tesco ouch!!

L x

The cost of food shopping is going up all the time, i tend to shop in Aldi, Farmfoods and Asda i get the special offers and stock up the freezer. x

Hey Laura, here to follow!

Food shopping can be so expensive can't it? I hope you see a nice loss on the scales this week

I rejoined on Saturday... Got to target last year and feel off of the wagon and here I am starting all over again! x

Hi Laura,

I thought I'd drop by to say hello as you are new here. Funny this, isn't it, typing away, wondering if anyone sees it. I do hope your next weigh in is a bit more sucessful. It does make sense that if you've been LCDing, your body has some serious adjusting to do to a more normal intake. Long term I'd have thought SW to be more healthy.

It might be worth posting a thread to specifically ask about this as asking in your diary won't necessarily get such a good response.

Your story reflects mine, the binging for emotional reasons and going up and down the scales. Seriously up and down, the first time I did SW about 10 years ago I was 18st, and have been as low as 12.5st having lost batches of 4 and 3 stone a few times. Still, it does prove that weight loss can happen over and over again. I've just gone back to SW for the umpteenth time and have my second WI on Wednesday. I've lost my book, maybe it's a hundred miiles away at my mother's but she says she hasn't seen it, I just hope they can log me in and weigh me without the card.

Sleepis an important factor in weight loss too, I don't suppose your work allows for enough. Talking about food prices, can't comment on meat and dairy and stuff as I have a plant based lifestyle, but some places are a lot cheaper than others for veggies and don't forget that frozen is OK too and doesn't go off. I've fed myself today for a couple of quid on veggies, beans and lentil and almond milk, not including the McDonalds chips I had when I went there with my son, a small portion are 8.5 syns so I had them and a salad and kept to SW guidelines. I was amazed, but also it was a pretty small portion.

I'll leave you with a recipe I got from my group for a heinz tomato soup taste alike. Quick and easy and free on green, don't know about the other days.

Liquidise together a tin of baked beans, a tin of tomatoes, a tin of carrots, some stock and a couple of pickled onions. It's amazingly good, full of fibre and protein but I'd expect tinned carrots to have lost quite a bit of their original nutrients.

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Micci for the recipe, think ill make some tomorrow!!

Back to my regular weds WI group and after 2 weeks of being more off plan than on I've lost 1.5lbs!! Prob because I have really tried these last 5 days to make up for bad behaviour...

Officially back on the wagon now, looking forwards to onwards and downwards...

L x

Uhhh ooohhhh!!

Unbelievably busy on call + no lunch / tea / wee break + thornton's on ward =

21 syns!!!

Oops.

Will make up for it over the week....

Hope everybody else has had a good day!!!!

L x

Chocolates should be banned!! We are always having stuff given to us, biscuits, sweeties, chocolates cakes etc. but i am partial to a bit of chocolate. lol

Its really hard planning meals when your so busy, im on the community sometimes im eating lunch at 4pm after running around all day. I have been trying to plan my dinners even making them up the night before.

Deffo recommend the half syn roulade recipe if you have a sweet tooth.

I am back to Minimims and SW after getting to target and falling off the wagon but back on it now.:)

My life saver is Cadburys Chocolate Highlights drink at 2 syns a big mug. Buy it from £1 shop (make sure it is the one with 40 cals on the side of the jar) - a lot cheaper than supermarket.

I have a poem entitled "Only a pound of Fat" somewhere - will look it out and post it for you.

Soooo even though we went for after work curry yesterday I managed to stick to 12 syns... Need to save another 3 today to make up for Fridays naughtiness...

Was very surprised to find out chicken dhansak was only 6.5 syns, plus it was yummy!!

L x

Back