Doctor signature

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dax, 18 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Dax

Dax Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.13%)
    Hi

I just wondered if someone could help me. Am I right in understanding that if you have a bmi over 40 you have to get a form signed by the doctor?

If your bmi is under 40 do you have to get signed by the doctor?

Is this only the case for SS? Do you still have to get a form signed for SS+?

Thanks hopefully (sorry, my doctor doesnt "approve" of CD so just wanting to get my facts straight before I go and see him if needed)

PS -should add did this diet a few years back but think things have changed since then. thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. maro11

maro11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    CD
    My starting BMI was over 40 so the CDC said she would need to send my GP a letter saying I had started a VLCD. I did not need his permission as such.
    The next time I went to my GP I saw that it was on his notes that I had started
    CD but he did not say anything.
    Maro

4. X_Tasha_X

X_Tasha_X Silver Member

My BMI is over 40 and i need to get a form signed by my doctor. I have my appointment 2morrow night :D My Doctor is really good and helped me lots when i was in LL. My friends doctor when she did LL was really funny about signing her form and charged her £50 and made her have all kinds of test done which is silly! Thank goodness my doctor is lovely :D

5. fed-up-and-fat

fed-up-and-fat hoping for a good loss

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(26.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    You have every right to see another gp, you don't have to see your own.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.