Doctors consent

daisy2002

Hi Ladies & Gents :D

I've doing CD & LT before & lost a lot of weight on them.... but unfortunately put lots back on too.

Ive decided to give CD one last go & have contacted a CD consellor. She lives near me which is ideal.

However she has said i have to get a written consent from my doctor to start as im on thyroid medication :confused:
I had my levels checked a week ago & my medication is correct & my levels are ok.

Now ive never need my doctors consent when i went on LT or when i went on CD before, why do i need it now?

I am pretty certain my doctor will not give me written consent. When speaking to her before about my weight she said i need to eat properly & exercise........... if only it was that simple.
She doesn't agree with VLCDs at all as i mentioned them to her.

Why do i need my doctors consent if i've never needed it before?

Thanks

From what I can gather rather then being concent you just need a letter from you doctor to say she knows you are on Cambridge...i.e. not asking permission.

Sorry i dont know the answer to this one but hope you get it sorted soon. Good luck

Yes, you do need a signature if you are on medication, but it's not 'consent' as such. They have to sign to say that the diet wouldn't contraindicate you medication and also that they are aware you are on the diet in case medication needs reducing.

Explain that he/she needs to sign to say they are aware you are doing the diet, rather than asking permission. Your CDC will have a booklet you can give him. That often helps.

Best of luck with your doctor.

Ok thank you :(

Does anyone know if it has to be your doctor or can the practice nurse sign what ever needs signing?

The nurse is a lot nicer than my doctor & to be honest i really don't want to be moaned & made to feel like a naughty child by my doctor.

could you go to the nurse.. if the dr needs to sign it she could ask him/her? just an idea then you wouldn't have to face the gp ;)

Really hope you manage to work around it. I know from my own dr and her 'diet and exercise' thoughts how hard it is.. spent the last year failing to lose weight this way.

good luck ((hugs))

Ok thank you :(

Does anyone know if it has to be your doctor or can the practice nurse sign what ever needs signing?

The nurse is a lot nicer than my doctor & to be honest i really don't want to be moaned & made to feel like a naughty child by my doctor.

the Medical Record Form (MRF) which needs signed says 'Healthcare Professional' - so that could be the Practice Nurse :)

Debz x

Hi Ladies & Gents :D

I've doing CD & LT before & lost a lot of weight on them.... but unfortunately put lots back on too.

Ive decided to give CD one last go & have contacted a CD consellor. She lives near me which is ideal.

However she has said i have to get a written consent from my doctor to start as im on thyroid medication :confused:
I had my levels checked a week ago & my medication is correct & my levels are ok.

Now ive never need my doctors consent when i went on LT or when i went on CD before, why do i need it now?

I am pretty certain my doctor will not give me written consent. When speaking to her before about my weight she said i need to eat properly & exercise........... if only it was that simple.
She doesn't agree with VLCDs at all as i mentioned them to her.

Why do i need my doctors consent if i've never needed it before?

Thanks

I don't know why you have never had to get consent before. Ive done CD twice, and it was insisted I got my GP's consent first.

Yep, I also had to get consent and I'm not on any medication - I think if you plan to do SS you need doctors consent/ signature. Just go for it, I am sure he will sign - he may not approve, but CD DOES work and you need to lose weight, so surely he won't hinder that? Good luck.
xx

It does need to be your GP, the practice nurse cannot sign.

The practice nurse is a good place to start though she could then speak to the GP and get the form signed for you. It must also bear the surgery rubber stamp otherwise it is invalid.

Ok thank you.

I emailed & asked the CD counsellor if it was ok to get the nurse to sign but but 3 days later i've still had no reply from her :confused: :(

I went on the CD twice before with the same counsellor & he never even mentioned anything about my doctor at all, that was last year.

I really want to start asap so might go on LT maybe to start with. I was hoping that the counsellor would post me the form as i can't get out of the house for a few days to collect them but no reply from her on that one either :(

Thanks for the replies :D

Your CDC should fill out a medical record form for you highlighting you have an under active thyroid and also listing the medication you are on.

She should then prepare a letter for the doctor and attach this to the MRF and an information for doctors booklet, plus a copy of the Sole Source booklet.

The GP needs to sign and rubber stamp the MRF confirming all the information is correct. Once this is done you can get started.

If for any reason your GP says no you can only follow the 1200 cal programme without a signature that is the lowest you can go.

I would contact your CDC by phone if she has not responded to your email.

Back