Doctors Signature Requirements Cambridge Diet

I can't belive so many of you had trouble with your doctors! it is sad as after we are all slim we will save the NHS millions together by not needing medicines and treatment for many weight related ilnesses.
I started CD SS 7 weeks ago and i didn't have to go to get a form signed by my doctor even though my BMI was 49 when i started! my councellor just asked for the details to send them a letter and inform but nothing else. having said that i don't think she would have had a problem signing it because a week ago i went to see her because i have had 4 periods since i started! and she said it was the weight loss turning my hormones upside down but she said her brother in law was on CD and had lost so far 9 stone! and she thought it was a really good thing to be doing :)

I've had one client being charged £75 by their GP, for one signature and he told her she would fail anyway as she has little will power to stick to diets! So far she's lost just over 2 stone.

Thats terrible hopefully my gp wont give me too much gip over when i take my form for her to sign.

When i'd lost 6 stone my dr was so impressed he slapped me on the arse when i left his room, a little inappropriate i felt but as he's quite fit in a 'Karl Kennedy' kind of way I let it go!!!

My doctor ummed and ahhed, read the literature I took in and seemed a little reluctant at first. But I told her, I didn't need her permission to do it, I just needed her to say that she was aware I was going on Cambridge. That changed her mind and she signed with no problem. Every time I go in now, she gets me on the scales, takes my blood pressure and says how well I'm doing.

caress -- well done on the losses

im under the 17stone mark now myself --- so chuffed with myself
i can get into an 18 in Sasha now as well
lol :D:D:D:D:D

I've had one client being charged £75 by their GP, for one signature and he told her she would fail anyway as she has little will power to stick to diets! So far she's lost just over 2 stone.

id report him / her for there attitude --- not right

How bloody rude! I wish every doc was as supportive as mine! x

I saw a very supportive nurse this morning and he was all for me going on cambridge, but wants to moniter me to see im getting on - nice to have the support and signed me up no problem

Moon1976 & Bunnyg - I did get Cambridge HQ to send a info pack but as its my own GP I didn't want to rock the boat too much, but she is a law unto herself in that practice as the other 2 GP's there now sign the forms no problem, with the other female GP praising the effectiveness of Cambridge to some clients when they mention my name!

When i'd lost 6 stone my dr was so impressed he slapped me on the arse when i left his room, a little inappropriate i felt but as he's quite fit in a 'Karl Kennedy' kind of way I let it go!!!

I guess that's one way of showing his approval!! ;)

Thats a bit worrying, I am on Citalopram for anxiety and even though I told my CDC that, she said there was no need to let my doctor know before I started and gave me my SS packs straight away! Although she said she would write to my GP to let her know I was going on it.

Hey!! Hey!! I am new, my doctor wanted to charge me £120 to sign a form for lighter life. Wow!! Hence i have gone onto the cambridge diet sole sorce with a bmi of 47, screw the doctors i cant afford it, but i feel cheated by the nhs as i would have prefered to go on a vlc diet with the assistance of my doctor especially after failing the lighter life medical in the summer. Anyway the cambridge diet is great i lost 15lbs in the first 5 days:) whoopie

Me again! Yes you did read that right i did say one hundred and twenty buckeroonies!! How can this be fair when most of your doctors dont charge anything?? I was thinking of becoming a hypercondreact i really wasting his time just to piss him off..:)

I hate my doctor, I am sure others think he is great (it's just my opinion). He is really tight - when I was a young teenager (so I was obviously in full time education) so prescriptions were free. I had bad eczema - he would never give me a prescription he used to tell me what creams to BUY in boots and some were really expensive and because i was embarassed about the eczema, I didn't really tell my parents - they could only see very minor eczema at the back of my neck, so I just used to have to buy the cheap stuff as I was too young to have a part-time job. The scratching got really bad & I got really bad sores so I had to go to the hospital in the end - after that he used to give me prescriptions!!!!!!

Another time, I broke my leg (I was 15) and I had to have a note to say I had broken my leg (even though it was obvious) I was due to go on a ATC (RAF Cadets) - army training week, so it was very physical. I needed the note to cancel my place, my parents paid but he charged alot for that, for a few seconds. Which I didn't think was very fair, as I was 15 (so still a child).

I am so nervous about this as a while a go I went to see the GP regarding going on LL. He point blank refused to sign the forms simply stating that he thinks VLCDs are a waste of time and as soon as you come off them the weight goes back on. When I rang the practice manager to complain, he had already mentioned it to the other GPs at a meeting and they had decided to close ranks and refuse to sign these forms as a practice policy. My BMI is 39, would he have to know if I go on it?

I am so nervous about this as a while a go I went to see the GP regarding going on LL. He point blank refused to sign the forms simply stating that he thinks VLCDs are a waste of time and as soon as you come off them the weight goes back on. When I rang the practice manager to complain, he had already mentioned it to the other GPs at a meeting and they had decided to close ranks and refuse to sign these forms as a practice policy. My BMI is 39, would he have to know if I go on it?

Your CDC will have to inform your GP that you are SSing. They will not be asking for his/her permission just informing them that you are following a VLCD.

If you do not want the CDC to contact your GP the lowest you can do is SS+ which is 615 calories.

My GP was very supportive and even asked if the cost was a problem as they run a weight loss clinic at the surgery that he'd refer me to if it was :eek: I told him the cost was fine and he reduced my meds to every other day and asked that I have bloods done 2wks in just to make sure everything was ok then to book a telephone consult after the bloods to get results and check everything is ok which it is :D He signed the forms during the initial appointment free of charge, shame all gp's aren't as supportive :sigh:

My doctor was apprehensive about signing the form too but i just told them that if they didn't sign the form then would they rather I purchase one of the supposedly similar items off the internet that could contain literally anything and that wouldn't be monitored by anyone. They then signed the problem without hesitation and didn't charge me for the privilage.

Back