Doctors Signature Requirements Cambridge Diet

I eventually got an appointment at my doctors to be toald I was being very radical and sensible diet and excersise would give me suficient weight loss, and as I pointed out if I was able to manage that I eoul not be a bloater...... Then she asked me to attent an obesity clinc at the local hospital. All i WANTED WAS FOR HER TO SIGN THE FORM..... Evebtually she agreed to read the pact and eventually she did sign but told me, when I fell off and did indeed put all the weight back on to let her now as she would refer me to the clinic. The biggest shock wwas still to come as she charged me £20 for the privilage of having her signature......Nice......and to top it off she must have been a size 6 so reall yhad no clue to how I was feeling......tut, but here I am now doing well and leaving it all on the wave behind......

I was lucky with my Doctor. She made me sit thru a lecture on how VLCD don't work and how she doesn't approve of them. And to quote her 'You will feel crap' But when I mentioned the joint pain I've been having, she said 'Loose weight!'. So I passed the form for her to sign.;)
Reluctantly she did, without charging me. But she did nothing, no BP check, no weight check, nothing. Nice to know how supportive she is.:mad:

Gosh reading some of these stories I feel so lucky. I have to lose weight in order to be eligible for IVF treatment. I recently moved house and went to my new GP for the first time. Well, what a revelation - I have never had a nice GP before! He said that he cannot refer me for gastric band surgery because apart from my weight I have no other issues (other than the infertility, which doesn't count apparently!) I asked him, with a fair bit of apprehension, if he would be willing to support me if I went on the Cambridge Diet and his face lit up and said it was a brilliant idea and ANY attempt to lose weight is better than none. I dropped the form off at the surgery and he signed it and attached a note wishing me good luck and asking me to go back in 3 months to check I was still healthy and see how I am getting on. And didn't charge me either.

I am actually looking forward to going back to see him!

Hi, i have been doing lighter life for 4 weeks but its too expensive and i ont think i need the counselling sessions plus i'm too busy fro them. anyway i need some info on this diet.and would be so grateful if u could help me..........

1. my doc wouldnt sign my LL form so had to pay £50 for a private GP to sign it,am hoping i dont have to get anyone to sign it again? i have no health issues am taking no meds, andam generally healthy, just fat!!

2. what shakes and bars are there?

3. what is the cost?

4. what happens at the meetings? is it a short gropu session or individual drop-ins?

Thanks so much!! xXx

1. my doc wouldnt sign my LL form so had to pay £50 for a private GP to sign it,am hoping i dont have to get anyone to sign it again? i have no health issues am taking no meds, andam generally healthy, just fat!!

If you aren't on medication, and your BMI is under 40, then you don't need a doctors signature :)

2. what shakes and bars are there?

Loads :D Product list

Milkshakes 10 flavours

Chocolate (also in lactose free)
Chocolate Orange (lactose free)
Chocolate Mint
Butterscotch
Toffee and Walnut
Cappuccino
Vanilla (also in lactose free)
Strawberry
Banana
Fruits of the Forest
Soups 6 flavours
Chicken and Mushroom
Mushroom (lactose free)
Vegetable
Spicy Tomato
Oriental Chilli
Broccoli and Cheese
Leek and Potato (lactose free)
Bars 6 flavours
Malt Toffee - covered in milk choc
Caramel - covered in milk choc
Chocolate - covered in milk choc
Orange - covered in plain choc
Peanut Crunch – milk chocolate
Cranberry Crunch – milk chocolate
Ready made cartons come in three flavours
Chocolate Velvet
Banana Bliss
Strawberry Silk (New)
Porridge (Original)
Porridge (Apple and Cinnamon)
Water flavours 3 flavours
Summer Berries
Sunshine Orange
Savoury Vegetable
Mousse mix
Fibre 89

3. what is the cost?

That depends as CDCs are free to charge whatever they like according to some bill of human whatsit rights, or something:D It usually works out a fair amount cheaper than LL.
4. what happens at the meetings? is it a short gropu session or individual drop-ins?

some CDCs run groups, but most work on a one to one basis. There is no official counselling as such, as in LL, unless the CDC has another qualification to work with, but the CDC should be able to guide you with the diet, and give hints and tips along the way.

also my weight chart is wrong, need to update it, i have so far lost 13lbs on ll in three weeks. do uhave to bea certain weight to start the vlcd on cambridge? x

Well...you cannot VLCD under BMI25 as that is against the N.I.C.E. Guidelines, but you can VLCD up to there and then do the 810 plan down to goal. The 810 plan does include some 'normal' food, but it's a brill plan with good weightlosses.

This can seem scary for someone who is used to shakes only, but it really is very precise so easy to follow and do.

There are a number of plans on CD which make it very flexible if needed :)

I am having so much problems getting my doc to sign have waited a week already and it now wont be ready till at least monday aghhh hate my doc's 1 good thing there not charging and after reading this i should be grateful.
Magz x

Hi I went to docs last night, excited about startin and he refused to sign and he told me it was a blanket decision across the practice not to sign for vcld :-( am gutted as i had got my head around starting asap.

Have a talk with your cdc if it is not a medical reason there may still be a plan for you or if you could consider changing doctors if you think you really what to do the vlcd. I was so worried but luck i dont think my doctor really looked at the form.
Magz x

I had the same problem when I tried to join LL. none of the gp's at the surgery would sanction me doing the diet because they said it was "too dangerous and extreme".
I wasted nearly four weeks trying to get it sorted out but to no avail.
I joined CD SS 27th January and my gp signed the form with no problem atall.

This is how I got around it, which is probably a bit naughty, but saved me arguing it out with my GP. My starting BMI was 45 so needed a signature to do SS, but my CDC started me on SS+ which is over 600kcals so doesn't need GP's permission. Then a couple of weeks into it, I will be moving down a step to SS. Which, from what I can gather means my CDC will only need to write to my GP to inform him I'm following a VLCD, not to get permission. Plus doing SS+ for a couple of weeks first means it's not such a shock to the brain!

I thought it was a little bit naughty doing it that way, but I wasn't complaining. It mean I could start right away, grabbing the bull by it's horns as it were.

This is how I got around it, which is probably a bit naughty, but saved me arguing it out with my GP. My starting BMI was 45 so needed a signature to do SS, but my CDC started me on SS+ which is over 600kcals so doesn't need GP's permission. Then a couple of weeks into it, I will be moving down a step to SS. Which, from what I can gather means my CDC will only need to write to my GP to inform him I'm following a VLCD, not to get permission. Plus doing SS+ for a couple of weeks first means it's not such a shock to the brain!

I thought it was a little bit naughty doing it that way, but I wasn't complaining. It mean I could start right away, grabbing the bull by it's horns as it were.

SS+ is still a vlcd you would still have needed docs permission. My cdc wouldnt start me on any plan until the doctor had been given the form and would only start me on one of the higher plans 1200 cal one

Back