Doctors visit!

MorbidBubblewrap

Is thinking positive!
I have had a crap week with my emotions about sagging skin And I have just got back from the doctors and told her about the diet and also how I felt, (even cried :cry:) She said keep at it and when I have lost the weight she will refer me, But said that most people always get a refusal to begin with and then she said what will happen then is we will try again and get letters from themselves and also my psychologist and psychiatrist to try and help me get surgery! But she said don't be to over excited about it as there is a good chance I may not get it :( But all I can do is try I guess..I just hope to God I do get it! :confused:

hey hun - you may be surprised about your skin the more weight you lose. and if you really do need it then the chances are u will get it, your dr can't just say you will get it for definate because they don't have the authority. at least she is willing to fight your corner for you so you have already got over the first hurdle. you will be fine xxx

Thanks Vickie...I was a bit more reassured when coming out, But all I can do is wait till I get down to 10 st...maybe a bit heavier so they can get the ball rolling so to speak, And yes she said if I get first refusal they will try and again and include more of my history of depression and involve past therapy and psychologists, It may also help that I have a Psychiatrist also..As there will be loads written on me in the past few years so they will know my struggles with self esteem and anxiety also..So we will wait and see :):)

Anyone would think that I have already lost the damn weight the way I am carrying on lol! I am still 22 stones (Rolls eyes) I worry to much lol XX

Thanks Vickie...I was a bit more reassured when coming out, But all I can do is wait till I get down to 10 st...maybe a bit heavier so they can get the ball rolling so to speak, And yes she said if I get first refusal they will try and again and include more of my history of depression and involve past therapy and psychologists, It may also help that I have a Psychiatrist also..As there will be loads written on me in the past few years so they will know my struggles with self esteem and anxiety also..So we will wait and see :):)

Anyone would think that I have already lost the damn weight the way I am carrying on lol! I am still 22 stones (Rolls eyes) I worry to much lol XX

it's always better to know what the score is now so as you have something to work towards hun - alls it means is that you are planning for the future and there is nothing wrong with that!! xx

You are right Vickie..That is a positive way of looking at it, And also shows that I must be so damn determined to stick to it as I am already thinking about when I lose the weight, So suppose it is a good thing :):)

Hi hun, it is good news that your doc is behind you, perhaps it will help you put the worries about that part of the journey on the back burner for now.

When the time comes for you to fight for it you will get loads of support from on here as well x

Thanks Tara that means a lot to me, I even said about the support on here and she said that is amazing, So I love you all :D:D

OMG :eek: I was looking at this website last night, Sounds fantastic that place..I even rung up the woman based in the UK to talk to her about it, She said that there has been hundreds of Brits who have gone over there for surgery and if people do decide to have it done with them they put you in touch with other Brits who have been there and had theres done..The pictures look great, If I don't get it on the NHS I may have to save every penny I can and have surgery with these guys in a few years time..:) Money is tight though :(

Laura try and stay positive at least you know you didn't get a no up front..youshow how determined you are and keep going and that will count loads towards them deciding I am sure xxx

chin up Laura
I dont think you will get a straight no, will have to keep working on it, but from what i've been told, if you can prove that you lost the weight they would most definatly get rid of the excess skin :)

also I've heard a lot of stories about going overseas to have operations so if you do go down that road by very careful :) x

You have your doctor behind you, thats a good thing hun...so you never know, keep at it, and keep your fingers crossed..:)

chin up Laura
I dont think you will get a straight no, will have to keep working on it, but from what i've been told, if you can prove that you lost the weight they would most definatly get rid of the excess skin :)

also I've heard a lot of stories about going overseas to have operations so if you do go down that road by very careful :) x

Thanks Mikey, I am keeping my fingers and everything else crossed :p that I will get it on the NHS...But if not in the future I will do my home work and probably think of getting it done abroad, But I won't rush into things, I will be careful..Thanks for the concern sweetie! :):)

its all a step in the right direction hun and do lots of exercise to tone it up. good luck hun and keeping our fingers crossed that the referal says yes. xx

Laura
you have achieved so much already and the doctor is fighting your corner.
you're doing great hun!!

Sandie x

its all a step in the right direction hun and do lots of exercise to tone it up. good luck hun and keeping our fingers crossed that the referal says yes. xx

Thanks MadHouse...When I have lost it all I will go back and get the ball rolling..Will keep you updated, But will be a short while yet :p I CAN'T WAIT TO LOSE THIS FLUBBER :D

yeah please keep us updated hun xxx

Back