Dodgy stomach

vanda

plodding away
Went to the LL info session this morning so am feeling really positive about that.
Am going to start as soon as I can. :eek:

BUT yesterday lunch time I tried an Exante meal replacement bar, not sure if it is a coincidence but 2 hours after started to get stomach growls and wind. 4 hours after violent diarrhoea for most of the evening.:(

I got through the morning ok cos I didnt eat anything but this pm and evening growling stomach, the worse wind I have ever had (good job my partner is away, even the cats look alarmed) I havent eaten anything since 2pm and still have diarrhoea. Maybe its a coincidence that this started after I tried the bar and I have picked up a bug, but am not going to have anymore will wait until I can start on LL.
Have e mailed exante to see if this is usual (surely not or no one would buy them again).
Am afraid to go to bed yet cos my bathroom is downstairs and am worried I wont make it it time! On the positive side at least I will have lost some weight even if it has been an extreme way to do it. sorry for the gruesome details but am feeling very sorry for myself :sick0019:

Dodgy bowels and excess wind can happen to some people in the first instance of doing LL, it is just your body adjusting to the new intake it is recieving. Of course, as you say, you could have just gotten a bug, but either way I wouldn't let this put you off LL before you begin!

I've been using the exante bars for a few weeks now and I've never had any problems with them. Are you sure it wasn't something you ate earlier that day?

Exante are quite good at getting back to queries very quickly, so don't lose heart just yet, everyone's body can take a while to adjust.

Good Luck on day two!! :)

Hi Vakwi

Hope you are feeling better. You're not looking for an excuse not to start LLare you? Pete's right.
If you are not sure then it might not be the right way for you to lose your weight.

Thanks for the words of concern. No I have not been put off starting LL just from eating any more exante bars! Still not 100% back to normal, but at least the cats are prepared to sit by me now.

I know abstinence is the way forward for me and i know i need the extra help LL provides. Am going to contact my gp tomorrow to see about getting the form signed then will hopefully be starting ll int he next week or so.
Thanks for the support.

Good luck Vanda. I think LL is the best thing since sliced bread .................!

Back