dodgy tummy, is it due to change in diet??

littlelegs170411

Im on my second week of sw and have noticed some side effects which could be down to a change in diet but im not sure?
I get really bad trapped wind in my abdomen its so painful (almost like labour pains) which ive never had before but now its on a daily basis? Also im emptying my bowels about 3 times a day compared to 3 times a week before! (sorry for too much info) My old diet was pretty much biscuits, loads of bread, crisps etc but now ive cut all that out and filling up with more fruit and veg. Has this happened to anyone else? Should i tell my consultant?

Just your insides getting used to fibre from the fruit and veg. Make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. It will settle.

I also got like this and it is down to the veg and fruit you eat. I also go the other way as i can be naughty and forget to drink. I could survive on one can of pepsi a day. (just wish it was the opposite and i would forget to eat lol)

I also got like this and it is down to the veg and fruit you eat. I also go the other way as i can be naughty and forget to drink. I could survive on one can of pepsi a day. (just wish it was the opposite and i would forget to eat lol)

Come to think of it I don't drink much really maybe two cups of tea! Ill try drinking more. Thanks ladies x

Will just be a change of diet but make sure u drink plenty. A cup of hot water with slice of lemon is supposed to be great 1st thing in the morning. I 'go' at least 3 times a day to the toilet most days!!!

Everyones *ahem* 'schedules' are different but they do say that it should take 24 hours for food to go through your system so if you have 3 meals then if it's all moving along nicely then you should also be visiting the bathroom a similar amount of times. Theoretically. As for the bloating, that's just your body getting used to the fruit and veg and more fibre from your healthy extras so it will get used to it and settle down. If you like herbal teas then try peppermint tea to help with this. :)

definitely more water to cope with the extra fibre in your diet now!! could also try eating any fruit you are going to before your meals and not after, seems strange to eat what is normally pudding first but fruit digests much quicker than most other foods so if its eaten last or very soon after a meal its digesting quickest and gets trapped behind the main meal food still trying to work its way through, this can upset a few too!!?

It definitely takes our bodies a little while to adjust to a higher fibre diet but rest assured it is so much better for you! As well as helping weightloss and digestion it even helps lower cholesterol.

I had the belly problem for the first week and then it settled down. This week I have just started eating Scan Bran (after finding them in Holland & Barrett) and have had it recur but I know it won't last.

Drinking more helps a lot as others have said and give your body a few days to get used to the change.

yes your bodies just getting used to being healthier keep it up it will settle

Glad its not just me ..... god, everyday im soooo bloated and in pain:( !!!! ive started to drink more water ..... hoping it settles soon coz im gettin fed up of feelin even fatter than i do :eek:

Back