does any one use the cd shakers??

supermummy

its such a hassle makin my shake in the smoothie maker and then washin up all the parts 3 times every day. was thinkin of tryin the shaker but wasnt sure if it would be as good and whether my shakes would turn out smooth or with bits? has anyone tried them?

I've just been on holiday and took a shaker. You do end up with lumps but only little ones. I like my toffee and walnut shakes so much I dont mind little lumps.

You also need to be SURE it is done up properly as I discovered when making a hot drink! Ouch!

It wasn't as bad as I'd thought but it wasn't perfect.

I bought a shaker and was left with lumps and it doesn't seal as well as it should, I ended up getting sprayed with a choc shake. Still make my shakes in it but always uses a hand blender now. xx

Hi if you use a shaker make sure that there is a plastic grid thing at the top, i bought mine for Holland and Barrett, the plastic grid knocks the lumps out and makes it smooth x

i used mine on LL and it was rubbish!! all lumpy and horrible!! i use my blender now and it smooths them out and froths them up lovely!!
xxx

HI,

I find putting crushed ice in my blender works a treat. It makes them really frothy and light. I buy the tetra packs ifor when I am at uni as the shaker didn't get all of the lumps out for me either. The choc tetra is gorg!!!!!

i always use my shaker and as long as the grid is in you will be fine - just really keep shaking it for a couple mins - I have never had lumps in mine xx

I used the shaker for the first week or so for every shake. I didn't find a problem with it, and I'm fussy! I hate the thought of having lumps in it, the only reason I changed to a blender thingy is that my arm was getting tired with the shaking lol :)

I use a hand blender and I find it's no hassle to clean at all. It was about a fiver from Tescos and after i'm done mixing the shake I just twist off the end with blades and rinse it under the tap. I'll chuck it in the dishwasher whenever there's a wash going on and hey presto!

I did try using my big blender and like you thought it was a pain dismantling it and getting it washed up ready for the next 'meal'

Try and get a look at the allaboutw8 shaker.
This has a screw top, is not suitable for hot drinks, but has a dinky metal framed ball inside that breaks up all the lumps and froths the shake up just nice.

Mike Goss

I use a hand blender less to wash up. Couldnt stand the lumps using the shaker.

Good luck anyway

I only use the shaker,it was my one from LL I find some shakes are fine some especially the strawberry come out lumpy no matter what.If I could be botherd I would use a blender,but its the washing up,with the shaker I fill it up with water and w up liquid and its clean straight away
xx

Back