• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

does any one use the cd shakers??

coley144

Creating my life
S: 21st9lb C: 14st7lb G: 12st7lb Loss: 7st2lb(33%)
I've just been on holiday and took a shaker. You do end up with lumps but only little ones. I like my toffee and walnut shakes so much I dont mind little lumps.

You also need to be SURE it is done up properly as I discovered when making a hot drink! Ouch!

It wasn't as bad as I'd thought but it wasn't perfect.

S: 16st1lb C: 10st7lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 21.1 Loss: 5st8lb(34.67%)
I bought a shaker and was left with lumps and it doesn't seal as well as it should, I ended up getting sprayed with a choc shake. Still make my shakes in it but always uses a hand blender now. xx

S: 14st6lb C: 11st11lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st9lb(18.32%)
Hi if you use a shaker make sure that there is a plastic grid thing at the top, i bought mine for Holland and Barrett, the plastic grid knocks the lumps out and makes it smooth x

emmie83

I will get into that wedding dress!
G: 8st10lb
i used mine on LL and it was rubbish!! all lumpy and horrible!! i use my blender now and it smooths them out and froths them up lovely!!
xxx

S: 29st1lb C: 18st3lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st12lb(37.35%)
HI,

I find putting crushed ice in my blender works a treat. It makes them really frothy and light. I buy the tetra packs ifor when I am at uni as the shaker didn't get all of the lumps out for me either. The choc tetra is gorg!!!!!

S: 15st12lb C: 14st12lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 36.8 Loss: 1st0lb(6.31%)
i always use my shaker and as long as the grid is in you will be fine - just really keep shaking it for a couple mins - I have never had lumps in mine xx

Gloria19

I know I can do it..
S: 23st10lb C: 23st10lb G: 19st13lb BMI: 53.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I used the shaker for the first week or so for every shake. I didn't find a problem with it, and I'm fussy! I hate the thought of having lumps in it, the only reason I changed to a blender thingy is that my arm was getting tired with the shaking lol :)

S: 12st2lb C: 12st2lb G: 8st8lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I use a hand blender and I find it's no hassle to clean at all. It was about a fiver from Tescos and after i'm done mixing the shake I just twist off the end with blades and rinse it under the tap. I'll chuck it in the dishwasher whenever there's a wash going on and hey presto!

I did try using my big blender and like you thought it was a pain dismantling it and getting it washed up ready for the next 'meal'

EmGee

S: 23st0lb C: 16st3lb G: 13st8lb BMI: 31.7 Loss: 6st11lb(29.5%)
Try and get a look at the allaboutw8 shaker.
This has a screw top, is not suitable for hot drinks, but has a dinky metal framed ball inside that breaks up all the lumps and froths the shake up just nice.

Mike Goss

S: 15st7lb C: 13st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34.9 Loss: 1st12lb(11.98%)
I use a hand blender less to wash up. Couldnt stand the lumps using the shaker.

Good luck anyway

andju

I lurve lurve lurve bars
I only use the shaker,it was my one from LL I find some shakes are fine some especially the strawberry come out lumpy no matter what.If I could be botherd I would use a blender,but its the washing up,with the shaker I fill it up with water and w up liquid and its clean straight away
xx