Does anybody combine the 2 plans? (PP and Discover)

BBBNH

hi,

i'm currently on PP, enjoy the plan and feel better since starting it, but it's a bit discouraging when 7 weeks in, i don't really look any different, my face is still as round and my jeans are still too tight... i know it's a lifestyle change and it will take time, but i think 7 weeks in a small difference should be seen.

i was thinking if i followed discovery plan some weeks, then PP some weeks, i would see a difference a little bit quicker.

does anybody else combine the plans or is it better just to stick to the one plan?

any thoughts or advice appreciated. x

I personally wouldn't advise this. I think it would be very complicated to switch between as you would get mixed up between points and propoints. Really you should lose well on either plan. Maybe you need to look at your consumption of zero point foods and make sure you aren't eating them excessively if you aren't losing on average 2lbs a week?

It maybe that you just can't see the change for yourself, but others can. It can be better to compare photos, I was a size 24 a coupl eof years ago, and am currently a 12, but I can't see the difference in the mirror at all - just in photos!

Have you tried measuring yourself sometimes you will see that you've lost inches . I have similar weight loss as you for 6 weeks I have lost 5 1/2 pounds wish it was more!! But think I am a bit tight and just don't want to let go lol

Purple_Star - i don't eat any 0pp food! :eek: nobody has noticed a difference in me yet, but i'm sticking with it and they certainly will a couple of months down the line ;)

supergran - lost a couple of inches, nothing major. i'm hoping for a 2lb loss this week.

Purple_Star said:
I personally wouldn't advise this. I think it would be very complicated to switch between as you would get mixed up between points and propoints. Really you should lose well on either plan. Maybe you need to look at your consumption of zero point foods and make sure you aren't eating them excessively if you aren't losing on average 2lbs a week?

It maybe that you just can't see the change for yourself, but others can. It can be better to compare photos, I was a size 24 a coupl eof years ago, and am currently a 12, but I can't see the difference in the mirror at all - just in photos!

Agree with this. Stick with it & you WILL start to notice the difference.

You don't eat ANY zero point food? What about veg? Sorry, i just can't get my head around that cos although i don't eat much fruit I have vegetables every day & can't imagine not.
As to your original question, personally i wouldn't switch between the two plans as i hated the old plan but i know a friend of mine alternates between ww & sw as she feels switching confuses her body & gives her weight loss a boost. I don't know if that's true or not, just her reasonfor doing it.

If you are not eating good fuel food like vegetables your fibre intake will be way too low which could have a detremental affect on your weight loss x

i could see the logic in switching between sw and ww, but not really between the two ww plans. It's way to easy to forget and point something wrong, which results in either not eating enough or overeating. I would suggest that if you want to do discover do it by itself.

apologies, i do eat veg! completely forgot it was 0pp, i don't really eat fruit though.

thanks for the replies, just sticking with PP and hopefully, a month down the line (i'm already 7 weeks in) i'll be able to feel/see the difference.

oh persevere BBNH, PP does work, so it will kick in, maybe your metabolism takes a little longer to rev up hun:) maybe try to fill up more on 0 propoint foods, the more fibre you eat the more the weight will come off:)

thanks tribecamegan - i really hope it works for me, can't see why it won't if i keep up with it.

just had a chicken foo yung for tea, i had the points for it but still feel guilty!

Make sure your drinking plenty of water as well :)

Back