Extra Easy Does anybody else

Nic_x

Struggle on what to eat? It's my second week on SW and I still don't really know what to buy... Will this get easier the longer I have been on it?

I've got to go shopping later and don't have a clue what to get.. I'm worried I'm gunna be eating the same things all the time..x

If you look around this forum, you will find soooo many ideas for every meal of the day. No need to eat the same all the time on SW, so many options. What sorts of dinners did you eat before you started? Maybe you can modify them to be SW friendly.

My favourite SW friendly dinners are lasagne, home made burgers, omelette and SW chips, gammon egg and chips,, curry and rice, all-day breakfast, KFC-style chicken and wedges... I could go on :)

Hi Nic
Yes it does gets easier. & you can cook normal family meals too on extra easy. I did a chilli con carne using extra lean mince the other day. I have SW egg & chips & beans. I do spaghetti bolognese, roast dinners, stews & casseroles using lean cuts of meat. Even have full english too. The list is endless. If your stuck for ideas, then either look on here for some good recipes, or the slimming world site. Honest it gets easier. Good luck Nic :)

Struggle on what to eat? It's my second week on SW and I still don't really know what to buy... Will this get easier the longer I have been on it?

I've got to go shopping later and don't have a clue what to get.. I'm worried I'm gunna be eating the same things all the time..x

There are thousands of thread that will help you-the best place To start would be the 'what's for...threads-breakfast, lunch and dinner :) hth and good luck x

Thanks for the replies :) I'll have a look around the forum for ideas... I used to eat stuff that I could just grab that was quick n easy so I'm not used to all this cooking proper meals for myself haha... It's always around 9pm as well that I actually get to sit down and eat every night I come in from work.. I have an 8 month old so I see to her then once she's bathed and in bed and tea is cooked it's always really late.. so I'm looking for quick meals too :) Thanks again x

There's also loads of recipes in the recipe section and one of the members(BritMumInCanada) has create an awesome site called slimmingeats dot com which is great :)

I do EE. A typical day's menu for me looks like this...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (no milk or butter), mushrooms, tomatoes, lean bacon. Banana
Lunch: Salad with mugshot or jacket potato and tuna. Fruit salad and muller light
Dinner: Spag bol (made with lots of veg and extra lean mince)

I find it difficult to use my healthy extra a but normally have a HiFi bar for my healthy extra b. Syns are used on yummy chocolate ;)

I'm just in the process of going through the recepie's on here and making a 7 day menu so I know exactly what to buy when shopping :) Saves me buying things I don't need too x

I do EE. A typical day's menu for me looks like this...

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs (no milk or butter), mushrooms, tomatoes, lean bacon. Banana
Lunch: Salad with mugshot or jacket potato and tuna. Fruit salad and muller light
Dinner: Spag bol (made with lots of veg and extra lean mince)

I find it difficult to use my healthy extra a but normally have a HiFi bar for my healthy extra b. Syns are used on yummy chocolate ;)

Just a thought but if you struggle with your hexA why not put milk/butter in your scrambled egg?

Thanks for the replies :) I'll have a look around the forum for ideas... I used to eat stuff that I could just grab that was quick n easy so I'm not used to all this cooking proper meals for myself haha... It's always around 9pm as well that I actually get to sit down and eat every night I come in from work.. I have an 8 month old so I see to her then once she's bathed and in bed and tea is cooked it's always really late.. so I'm looking for quick meals too :) Thanks again x
Hi Nic, why not invest in a slow cooker? Can be start cooking slow from morning, & by the time you sit down to eat in the evening, is ready for you. With no stress of cooking on the evening. :)

Typical day for me is as follows:
Breakfast: Two slices 100% wholemeal bread with l/f Laughing Cow Cheese, Apple & Banana
Lunch: Massive salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and smoked ham (plus kiwi and melon)
Dinner: Jacket potato & chilli con carne/smoked haddock wrapped in parma with lots of veg, cottage pie, Syn-free chicken biryani, lean steak with Syn-free wedges and salad
Snacks: Big bowl of fruit lathered in Syn-free vanilla yogurt
Syns: dressings/grated cheese/chocolate

I do a mixture of the plans but sometimes struggle to think of things off the top of my head. I would second the idea of getting the magasine - I went thorugh the latest one last night and wrote down an ingredients list for a few recipes. The recipe sections on here are good too - subscribe to a couple and then you can head straight there for inspiration (pebbles+thegang) have a good one. Also a lot of people have a link in their signatures (mine is below) to theie recipes and diaries.

The slow cooker idea would be good for you as well - you literally just chop up some meat and veg and stick it in with some stock then switch it on in the morning. It will make you lovely stews/casseroles which will make dinners for a couple of days (you could freeze a portion and then take it out one morning to defrost when you dont want to have to cook when you get in.)

Omelettes are quick - I have mine with onion, mushroom, tomato, peppers and a hexa of cheese
Fish - you can literally wrap a fillet of fish in some tin foil with salt, pepper and some dried herbs/spices (eg paprika, garlic and thyme, lemon juice and dill, fresh chilli) and stick it in the oven for 10-12 mins and it will be cooked with the flavours infused into the fish. I sometimes put some prawns in as well. Then just add your superfree as salad.
SW Ragu - you can make a batch of this pretty easily and then freeze or keep in the fridge. All you need is pasta and voila! You could even add some hexa cheese on top and pop it in the oven for the cheese to melt - and you have a quick pasta bake!

Try to prepare in advance if you are short on time - I try to make up batches of things at the weekends so freeze or pop in the fridge for minimal fuss when I get home from work.

Keep going - thats the most important thing. And planning is key!

Back