Does anybody weigh in monthly??

Abigail23

Hi everyone.

Rather than a weekly weigh in, does any body choose to leave it longer than that, like maybe a month?

I've made a conscious decision NOT to keep any scales in my home because I'm worried I'll be jumping on it endlessy and put myself through that horrible rollercoaster of emotions depending on the results. Initially my thought was to go to my GP/Practice Nurse every 4 weeks to get my weight recorded and even though I'm still going to do that I've now decided to NOT look at the scales and NOT be told my weight, just ask for it to be recorded in my patient file. I've given myself a goal, that when I've gone past the 14st benchmark then she can tell me, but until then I don't want to know. If I've got the determination to go through with it I'll then ask not to be told until I reach my goal weight of about 9st7lbs.

I know it sounds a bit drastic, but my emotions play havoc on my eating habits and I want to try to do everything to keep myself balanced emotionally. So I'll stay away from the scales for as long as I can manage it. In the meantime I'll be able to tell I'm doing well by trying on all the clothes I've bought over the years 'for when I lose weight' and believe me, I've got a wardrobe of gorgeous clothes ranging from size 14 to 22. So, my first goal is to get into a brown pair of trousers I bought over a year ago, which are a size 18. My next goal will be a stunning black beaded dress (size 16), and so on .....

Wish me luck, and from me, good luck to all of you out there on the same journey, regardless of how often you weigh yourself!

Oh I do with I could stay away from the wretched scales, I've sts for three weeks although I've lost inches and exercising lots I just keep beating myself up about the scales.

Well done on your plan sounds goo to me x

Back