Does anyone do "No Spend Days" (NSD)??

Does buying stock for my little business count !!!

I have started doing this and I have started to note down every single thing I'm spending my money on.. 2 week after being paid and I have loads of money still yipee.. Still being very cautious though and only spending what it on my planned budget

I'll try this. I've started writing down everything I spend so each week I can work out where I can be wasting money. Today would have been a NSD but my mum asked if I wanted to go to a exercise class (we're running tomorrow and I can't run 2 days in a row) which is £2.50 and I also brought a completely unnecessary song off iTunes. Bah.

Having sat and read through this thread, I decided to go to the cupboards write down everything thats in there and the freezer.

I have reaslised I have enough meat for 10 days worth of dinners, would have usually just written a weekly list and shoved more in the freezer rather than used whats in there.
Also the cupboardsa re full of other things to go with the meat, lots of spice mixes and other stuff to make delishious meals out of.

So planning for this weeks shopping will include all the things I can use fromthe cupboard to have a good clear out over this month.

Been following this thread tout not managed to have a non spend day until yesterday but then when I got home I realised I'd lost a tenner from
My coat pocket lol so close as well! Try again tomorrow :)

Texty_F said:
Awww no gutted for you - could it be in the lining? or another pocket? or maybe you put it in a bag ?

To be honest I think I might have thrown it in the bin by accident I did check but no good! I'm a silly thing some times :)

Hi guys,

Just to let you know there is a superscrimpers winter survival ep on tonight.
C4 @ 8pm

X

I used to do similar Cavegirl, do a big shop at weekend and then top up during the week but the last few weeks I have been trying really hard not too. I have bought frozen fruit and veg so theres stuff there when the fresh stuff runs out and apart from milk haven't really bought anything mid week and it has cut my spend down quite a bit as popping in to get a bit of fruit/veg often used to end up being another 40 quid or so on top of the money i had already spent. Also think its good for my kids to realise that if they eat all the biscuits all the biscuits have gone as I would often get them a top up too. Just need to see if can get the amount I spend at the weekend down a bit now as virtually all my months wages go on the food! Scary!

This thread is absolutely fantastic as i'm a compulsive spender, i spend just for the sake of it!, this is fab!

Back