Does anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LASHES30, 11 August 2011 Social URL.

1. LASHES30

LASHES30 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi fellow slimmers,
    So I got weighed this morning an was delighted 2 b told I had 3 1/2 pd off, had a really good week wit plenty of s'free, body magic etc, but I hav been so bad since I came out of the class, its like subconsciously I'm thinkin well I'll eat as much crap as possible 4 the rest of the day an start again 2m. Such a waste cos i'l av prob gained back 2day what it took me all week to lose. Just wonderin wht ur thoughts are on this ????

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chun-ky

chun-ky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8.5lb(29.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    When i started i thought ohhh i can have a ''treat'' on weigh day. But now think its a bad idea! You can eat so much lush food on SW i dont think i need to go off plan.
    I was going to have pizza as a 'reward' for losing a stone, but i made a pitta pizza with my hea cheese and heb pitta, and totaly enjoyed it :) I read a post not long after i joined and someone said rewarding your weight loss with food was a bad idea as you could gain that loss back and it really made me see sence. Have read that some people treat themselves with manicures,new clothes/days out etc etc on reaching mini goals. I think this is a fab idea xxx

4. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    last time i did sw i used to do that and in the end that was reason i quit because wi day turned in 2 days off then 3 then before i knew it i wasn't doing it anymore but just getting weighed.

5. vanilla_cupcake

vanilla_cupcake Silver Member

Yeah I do it every Tuesday and i'm seriously thinking about stopping it, its just not good!! I have whatever it is that I fancy...chocolate fudge cake with ice-cream or chinese etc

I think I should maybe just do it once a month instead!

6. LASHES30

LASHES30 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Am gona go 4 non food rewards from now on, it's so not worth it cos I know I'm gona feel like crap 2m after all the bad food, and I can see how easily one day of treating urself could turn into 2 or 3.

7. I_dream_slim

I_dream_slim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st10lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Have to admit if friends want to go out or family for dinner I tend to arrange this WI night. The thing is I don't go mental, tonight I had fajitas etc so not like j eat a plate of burger and chips etc for me it's a treat in that I don't have to cook as in my house I cook EVERYTHING!! Gonna treat myself to a spa day though next week for reaching my stone award!!! Xx

8. Mini_Mog

Mini_Mog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.89%)
    Diet:
    VLCD, slimming world (currently)
    I used to do that the last 3 times I did sw. We used to go to supermarket after weigh in and have a treat night, which looking back was more pig out night!

I don't do treat night after wi anymore or after a good loss. However I do occasionally go out for a meal or to a wedding etc and allow myself to flexi syn, but again I don't go crazy. It's all about moderation.

I feel like I've had some kind of magical realisation over the last 7 months, my attitude towards food has completely changed, which is why I'm confident I'll never regain.

9. LASHES30

LASHES30 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd love to be at ur stage mini-mog. I am not havin any more treat nites after weigh in, I ate so much crap last nite an it wasn't cos I was hungry it was just cos I had it on my head-well I've been bad 2day so I'll just have as much bad stuff as possible and start again 2m. An feel really awful today after so much sugar.

10. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP
    I don't do treat nights, mainly because i'll be going out at some point in the week for drinks or food or both!! So I can't be naughty 2 days in a week!

xx

11. Cai

Cai has a thin girl inside!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW in the main
    I go for non food related treats like having my hair done or nails done.
    If someone buys me some chocolate (which happens often!) I will save it for after i get weighed but i go to an evening class and therefore have less time to treat myself!
    I wouldnt eat loads for the rest of the day...just stop now knowing u have had a treat and u can pull yrself bk on track for next week!!!! x

12. jadeelizabeth

jadeelizabeth becoming a happier, healthier me

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Admittingly, I do have a treat after weigh in, usually a small bar of my favourite chocolate but I get straight back on plan next day.

13. loosemyageinweight

loosemyageinweight Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11.5lb(28.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Each 1/2 stone I treat myself to a new Pandora charm.:D

14. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP

ME TOO!! But it has to be in the colour of the sticker that i've just got :D
    Looking for a nice red one now.

xx

15. Squiggle82

Squiggle82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.29%)
    I used to do this, but the minute I let myself have a treat, the whole plan goes out the window. Not just for the rest of the day but for at least the rest of the week. My thought process after I've had a treat is "well, I've had a treat tonight so I might as well eat what I like and start again tomorrow. " then tomorrow comes and I can't get myself back on track.

So now I only have a treat if I've got enough syns left. Having said that, my weakness is carbs so I make sure my WI day is a green day so I can give myself a massive bowl of pasta whether I've lost or gained!

16. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Some can get away with a "treat night/day" after weigh in, it's trial & error as to whether it will affect next weigh in. Personally, I will NOT lose unless I have a treat day every single week. I weigh at home Wednesday morning & can eat anything I want that day & then I'm back on plan the next day. I don't gorge on food, i just eat what i fancy that would usually be too synful. I can chop & change what day too & usually I'm ok. If you were to get stuck in a rut I'd suggest the same, just to trick your metabolism. It may not always work for me but while it does I have to do it if I want a loss at the next weigh in x

17. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like this thread as I love the way we all have our little ways!

My personal 'rule' is that if I have last 2lb or more, I do allow myself a treat and when I say treat I don't go mad, the evening I will use flexible syns and allow myself maybe 25 or 30 syns that evening.

I find that works for me as it doesn't get out of control i.e no huge pig-out and I'm keen to get back straight on the plan the following day so I can earn a treat the following week! I know it sounds daft - but it works for me!! But I do have to be quite strict, if I don't get the 2lbs, I dont get the treat!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Lashes, my sister is the WORST for that lol!

She used to go to SW on a Thurs, then after he weigh in, would have a big curry with her bf! :eek:
    Even now, she has a "bad day" and then tends to write off the entire week then!! Which is crazy. I think subconciously she would rather know she's been able to stuff her face and have a bad weight gain, than know she only let it slip once, continue to be "good" and perhaps have a slight weight gain.

On previous diets/healthy eating I've tending to have a "i'll start again on Monday" approach. But there aren't enough Mondays in a year that way!!

Just allow yourself that cake/chocolate bar/ice cream/curry/mcdonalds. Enjoy it. And know that you have 6 more days to make up for it. Don't feel guilty - that will eat away at you (excuse the pun lol) but instead say "i just had a mcdonalds, yum! now i'm gonna stick to my diet for the week and lose weight at the end of it!!"

Good luck :)

P.S. Know that I ate out for 3days one week at Nandos, Harvester (burger + a big sundae for dessert) and a pub dinner (with dessert!) and still lost 1lb that week!! But i didn't stuff my face between these meals. It can be done when your bad :) but i wouldn't recommend taking the risk TOO much lol!

I've been slightly rubbish this week and my WI is tomorrow morning. Even 0.5lb would be appreciated considering lol x

20. kettlechip

kettlechip Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(23.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the non-food treat is a really good idea, maybe buying a new top, new jewellery/fragrance etc.?

Or going to cinema/bowling etc :)

x

21. bugsbunny2000

bugsbunny2000 Proud to be a LOSER :)

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(15.51%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Definitely agree! You will much prefer something that when you look at it reminds you of that 3lb you lost, like a nice dress! rather than the remains of a huge chocolate cake only reminding you that you have to work extra hard or that u might put on this week!! lol x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.