Does anyone else do this?

I don't do it either. Same as littlebottle, my losses aren't ever very big and I think I'd be asking for trouble having a chippy tea!
I do tend to save my syns for weekend though. There's been quite a bit of discussion recently about whether to have 105 throughout the week to use in any way you choose, or to spread them evenly and have a flexi syns day, draw a line under it and start again the next day with usual syn allowance.

I'm trying the 105 approach for now, as I think it will work better for me. Surely if I cut down during the week it allows me more leeway at weekend?! We'll see on Friday! LOL!

I've always had a treat after WI, but these days I try to make it not as "bad" as it might once have been, if you see what I mean - I used to go mental after WI and stuff my face with crap, but I try not to do that now, especially as I have a morning WI.

If I was doing an evening wi then I may have treated myself to something with a little more syns than I would usually. But as I have a morning wi and on a Monday!! I always feel like I've already treated myself at the weekend with the syns I've saved during the week.

sometimes i treat myself to something other than food. like the other week i saw a top i really liked so but couldnt really justify buying so it became my prize for loosing that week

We always have 'norty night' after weigh in-its one thing that helps keep me focussed-and I try to have a different 'treat' every week-I tried a few weeks where I didnt do it, and it made me worse :) lol...I guess different things work for different people, and there is no right or wrong answer :D x

i missed out on my planned fexisyn day yesterday as i got snowed in and couldnt get to the restaurant! so have moved it to thursday evening as thurs morning is WI and will cut back syns the following week.

only as a one-off though and i definately wont be doing it every week though because like a few others said, it's what makes me fall off the wagon and wont be able to stop the next day:eek:

I can understand why people who are new to SW say that they won't risk it incase they take it through to the next day and can't stop but there comes a point when you have to realise that this is a lifestyle not a diet and in order to make it work for life you have to be able to control yourself. There will be times when you have events that involve eating off plan and you have to be able to do that one day and get back on it the next. Maybe not so early on, but certainly when you are able to do the plan with your eyes closed, you should start to exercise your restraint by having a naughty night or day off then getting back on it the next day. This will only work as part of your life if you don't deny yourself anything, you just have to be a bit more controlled with the bad stuff!

I used to always have a night off after weigh-in. When I stopped my weight plateaud - which may have been a complete fluke - but having a night off last Friday (during which I must have eaten 40 syns) - actually got my weight moving again.

From now on, it's Friday nights off all the way for me - although maybe not to the 40 syn mark, mind!

Absolutely true Taz. I really believe that whatever works for you now, has to work long term if you hope to keep the weight off. Realistically, you're not going to eat to 10 syns for the rest of your life, so having a few treats now seems a sensible approach to losing the weight. If you can lose it and enjoy an occasional night off, you're more likely to maintain when you've shifted the weight. Makes sense.

...but there comes a point when you have to realise that this is a lifestyle not a diet and in order to make it work for life you have to be able to control yourself. There will be times when you have events that involve eating off plan and you have to be able to do that one day and get back on it the next. Maybe not so early on, but certainly when you are able to do the plan with your eyes closed, you should start to exercise your restraint by having a naughty night or day off then getting back on it the next day.

I think you've really got the right of it here, Taz, it sums up my attitude to it nicely. Very well said. :clap:

I agree with Taz, to me (and to many others) this is about changing your mentality to food where you eat healthily but still maintain a balance where you allow yourself to have treats within reason every week. I don't have a blow-out after WI as it's Wednesday night and usually if I was going to eat out or get a takeaway then I'd do that at the weekend. I find I can get back on plan the next day usually!

When I get to target I will definitely still do flexi syns of sorts (as I do now), otherwise it will be too restrivtive and we have to get on and live our lives!

I agree with Taz, to me (and to many others) this is about changing your mentality to food where you eat healthily but still maintain a balance where you allow yourself to have treats within reason every week. I don't have a blow-out after WI as it's Wednesday night and usually if I was going to eat out or get a takeaway then I'd do that at the weekend. I find I can get back on plan the next day usually!

When I get to target I will definitely still do flexi syns of sorts (as I do now), otherwise it will be too restrivtive and we have to get on and live our lives!
I also WI on a Wednesday evening and I can't blow out as I have training on a Wednesday night and would be sick if I did! I will usually have a bar of chocolate and dinner straight after WI then have a day off plan on Thursday. I used to go mad on a Wednesday night and would cram loads in but my body is used to healthier foods now so I physically can't eat as much crap as I used to! So although I have a day off on Thursday, I mostly eat on plan but will have added treats and sometimes we will have a take away on a Friday night.

Well, after WI last night, I had meat pie, and a bag of minsterals, but I'm 100% back on the plan today. Bless him, my OH bought me the minsterals to have as a treat, but had also bought me all sorts of SW friendly goodies.

totally agree with you Taz, however as im still in my first few weeks and trying to find which plan will work best for me so will stay 100%. and my self control is still rubbish at the moment - thats how i managed to pile on 4st in the first place!

i am still being realistic though, im certainly not going to be counting syns every day for the rest of my life. i think down the line when i've had a good loss and trust myself and the SW plans more then i will start having a lovely night off a week!:)

After a while you get to know what is high and what is low Syn and you can get away with not counting Syns. The trick is to make free foods your staples and getting your body used to the healthy food so the high Syn stuff isn't received as well!

Back